Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? (61258 Views)

Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? / The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' / Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by abasifo(m): 5:28am On Oct 02, 2008
Is it normal to throw up every time you get your period?
Every month whenshe get my period she throw up.she can't take meds because they will just come back up. she can't eat anything so all she throw up is yellow bile. Sometimes it goes on all day & other times it goes on for a few hours but no doubt it happens every month sad Is there anything she could do to stop this?she get dehydrated, the chills (shakes), fever & cramps that are unbearable.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Akinagirl(f): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2008
abasifo:

Every month whenshe get my period she throw up.[/b]she can't take meds because they will just come back up. [b]she can't eat anything so all she throw up is yellow bile. Sometimes it goes on all day & other times it goes on for a few hours but no doubt it happens every month sad Is there anything she could do to stop this?she get dehydrated, the chills (shakes), fever & cramps that are unbearable.

OMG! take her to the hospital. NO, thats not normal at all. At least I never heard of it. Any docs in the house? undecided
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2008
Akinagirl:

OMG! take her to the hospital. NO, thats not normal at all. At least I never heard of it. Any docs in the house? undecided

I think its normal. I throw up too when I'm on. Its a reaction from the cramps. Mensural cramps are a.k.a mini labour. So I guess feeding the unsettled stomach kind of leads to you throwing up.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by ladyolis(f): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2008
that is normal, but sshe has to go and see the doctor because sometime when woman are in this situation they might have ovary cyst or fibroid,
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by pamboogie(f): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
I have horrrible periods too. With vomit, dehydration, bad cramps and all but it doesn't happen every month. I'm used to it now sha. She'll grow out of it and labour at birth'll be easier for her.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by amyliajane(f): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2008
signs of dismenorreah,see a doctor
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by jennykadri: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
thank God ive never experienced such

i for one hate throwing up like hell,so i just Thank God dat it has never happened to me
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by jennykadri: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2008
pamboogie:

I have horrrible periods too. With vomit, dehydration, bad cramps and all but it doesn't happen every month. I'm used to it now sha. She'll grow out of it and labour at birth'll be easier for her.

not always true ,smtimes labour pains r easier for pple with very very very heavy flow,while menopause is a little ok for them that throw up

sm pple wt very heavy flow have little pains during labour,and bringing forth the child is not always a big deal
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2008
abasifo:

No definitely not normal this is not a nairaland
case she better see a doctor now
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by jennykadri: 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2008
rokiatu:

No definitely not normal this is not a nairaland
case she better see a doctor now

its normal,sm pple undergo such,its very much normal

yes s mtimes it can be an infection,smtimes like i said but it is very very normal

my elder sis still throw up till date,its normal
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2008
my dear how can you called such
a thing normal? Throwing up as if you are pregnant shocked
I do not think it's normal
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by jennykadri: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2008
rokiatu:

my dear how can you called such
a thing normal? Throwing up as if you are pregnant shocked
I do not think it's normal

it is normal,its called mini labour, everybody to her own body system,throwing up during menstruation is hundred percent normal

the last time i checked thrwoing up is not only for pregnant woman roki
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2008
ok then
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by selencious(f): 2:28am On Feb 13, 2010
She should go see a Doc;ain normal 2me. I don't have any cramps when on period;its like a normal day. Some gurls do have some cramps, but a situation like that needs medical attention.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by AquilaTemp: 4:41am On Jan 14, 2012
I understand how horrible this is to experience mainly because I suffer it to. I get all those symptoms you mentioned.

I've had this problem since I was 15 (now 19)

I'd vomit bile all day. Solids and liquids would not stay down at all.

How to stop it? Fix your diet.

One week before period is due to start, do not eat anything with dairy in it. Don't drink soft, no chocolate etc. Eat healthy foods - it did wonders for me : )

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by lepasharon(f): 6:26am On Jan 14, 2012
Yes it is normal o! its happens to me most of the time!
Thought i was alone there.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 14, 2012
Yes.

there are times when certain foods that i eat on a regular basis become a "no! no!" for me during my 'season'. they make me nauseous on top of the bloating and the general weirdness  tongue that comes naturally with menstruation.

Menstruation deals with reproduction and is necessary for a woman to get pregnant as the process involves the releasing of an egg during ovulation.

Like a pregnancy, menstruation symptoms range from: irritability, involuntary rejection of otherwise preferred foods, cravings, to diarrhea, to vomiting; etc.

So i guess it is normal - although no period is exactly normal if you ask me due to the differences/variations. No two women are alike so none of our symptoms would be the exact same either.

As you can see some of the ladies on here have never experienced it and others have.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by freecocoa(f): 6:46am On Jan 14, 2012
I and my elder sis experience the same,its normal,damn we keep hearing it'll stop when we have a baby,been to hospitals but nothing's changed,I dread the coming of my visitor but I guess there's nothing I can do but hope and wait.
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Mynd44: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2012
hmmm
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Sareen: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2013
Im yet 15yrs n get terrible pain during periods ... i even puke every alternate days during my periods..!! is this normal? sad cry
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Sareen: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
[quote author=Sareen]Im yet 15yrs n get terrible pain during periods ... i even puke every alternate days during my periods..!! is this normal? sad cry
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by seunidris(f): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
i was once like that too. believe me with time it will stop. no cause for alarm. she shuld try and take paracetmol 3days before the due day.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Sareen: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
kay..! hope so..! but d pain ruins ma day!! can u suggest d best medicine fa it please..??
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by CallMeNJay: 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
Following
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by mecury21: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2017
You should not play with her health. It's best to find the nearest clinic close to you. You know vomiting on period may be due to some other reasons. Why not check-out to be sure

I read this guide. Maybe it could help her.

https://www.medplux.com/throwing-up-on-period-causes-of-vomiting-first-day-treatment/
Re: Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? by Nobody: 5:47am On May 31, 2019
This is good work mate grin

(1) (Reply)

Lady Calls NCDC To Arrest Her Mum For Attending A Wedding Ceremony In Maraba / Man Cries Out Over The Type Of Ambulance Donated By Ogun State Government / My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.