Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Baby Born In The Uk By A Student - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Baby Born In The Uk By A Student (2082 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by realcool: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2008
hi if a student in the UK give birth to a child in London and the father is not a citizen not even in London,will the child still have to wait for the 8years stuff b4 becoming a citizen or because the mother is legal resident those that make the child a citizen.
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by kokorunna(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2008
Yes, I believe its 7 years
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by realcool: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
i believe since she is legally resident i believe the child doesn't need to stay 7 years b4 becoming a citizen
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by seyibrown(f): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
If the mother is a citizen or legal resident with 'indefinite leave to remain' at the time of the child's birth, the child automatically qualifies.

If both parents are not citizens or do not have 'indefinite leave to remain' at the time of the child's birth, the child will not automatically qualify.
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by demi2008(f): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2008
If the mother is a citizen or legal resident with 'indefinite leave to remain' at the time of the child's birth, the child automatically qualifies for british citizenship but if the mother is just a student the child would be 7yrs old b4 she can apply for naturalization for the child and have in mind the 7 yr rule is not automatic its discretionary
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by Akolawole(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2008
That 7 years rule is not true.

It was meant clear backlog in another category
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by kokorunna(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2008
If the mother is a student with no valid documents, then 7 year rule is TRUE.

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by seyibrown(f): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2008
@Kokorunna,

What category does a 'student with no valid documents' fall under?
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by Akolawole(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2008
@Kokoruna

You need to be enlightened on this. grin

7 years rule came to force in 2000/2001. The purpose was to clear off the backlog of assylum applications though people are still exploring that till today.

A child born in UK 7 years ago can claim ILR( Not citizenship). If the Parents of such child is livingin UK illegally they can also be given ILR.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Baby Born In The Uk By A Student by kokorunna(m): 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for the correction, I was mis-informed awile ago.

(1) (Reply)

Study In Canada Or Germany / Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? / Portugal Visa Application At Vfs Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.