Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated (1706 Views)

Never Been Relegated La Liga Clubs / Epl: Blackpool,wigan Relegated Along With West Ham / Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by sage(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2006
Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina were all demoted for their part in Italy's match-fixing scandal on Friday. Meanwhile, Milan keep their top division status despite being docked 44 points but will be deducted 15 points next season and will not be able to compete in the champions League.

Juventus have also been stripped of the two Scudetto's they won in the past two seasons and will start their life in Serie B with a 30 point penalty, making their stay away from the top division likely to last two years.

Lazio and Fiorentina have also been docked points, losing seven and twelve respectively

3 big clubs in Italy have been relegated. As a die hard fan of AC Milan one may think that i will be overjoyed by Juves relegation but i am not. I feel Italian football quality might go down. What do you guys think? What will happen to Juve players, as well as the others.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by hucarson(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2006
This is serious.
How can Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina play in the 2nd division?
The sports minister should have imposed a heavy fine and keep all the teams in Serie A especially after bringing the world cup to Rome.
I am gutted but one man's woes is another man's blessings.

Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho should all break the bank and raid Italy to bring the finest players into the Premiership.
Gattusso and Cannavaro and Marcello Lippi(Italy's Manager) might all fancy a move to Man Utd and it will be good news for me.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by sage(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2006
Chxta and Codec, where are u guyz, and all the other sports analysts

This Verdict if it stands means that

1 Juve would be out of Europe for at least 3 seasons minimum ( could be longer)

2 Milan could be out of Europe for two seasons

3 Lazio and Fiorentina will be out of europe for 2-3 seasons minimum

4 Juve will remain in Seria B for minimum 2 seasons as well as Lazio and Fiorentina

Well i am waiting to hear reactions on what has just happened to what is percieved as Europe's toughest league
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by mochafella(m): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2006
Lesson learned: Never fix matches over a telephone line.

The player transfer lottery and the new season should be quite interesting. I can just see the vultures hovering about the Stadio Delle Alpi. Hopefully Mancini and his band of merry men, will get their act together and win a scudetto b4 Juve and Milan regain their strength.

The serie A will suffer for a season, and it will probably be less predictable for the next few years, and thus more intersting for the fans.

One question though, who is now champion for those seasons where Juve's title was stripped?
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Akolawole(m): 12:27am On Jul 15, 2006
@Chxta & Codec

The door is open for you in the premiership.

We are waiting for you.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by toshmann(m): 2:07am On Jul 15, 2006
angry let them go. no amount of soccer skills can replace the inestimable value of discipline and honesty. let them go. angry
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by blueiyke(m): 2:39am On Jul 15, 2006
Methink Italian football will go down with these clubs, despite the Azurri's world cup success.

Anyway, na them sabi. I'm definitely not about taking paracetamol for the Italians' headache.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by lalaboi(m): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2006
I expectd dis so its nt surprising!
As a blue av bin aving a feeling we might meet acmilan in d champs league, bt since dy a out its a huge relief!
We suld nt rush into conclusion! Dese clubs wer given 3days 2 appeal against any decision taken, so we wait n see wat comes out of dia appeal!

4 italian football its a big blow after wining d world cup! Dia stong teams ar out! D weaker ones are nao in control! Dy might nt win anytn cup! 4 about 5yrs!
Wel na dm knw, if dy lik dy shuld spoil dia tin! Na dm gt am!
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Fimmy(m): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2006
Juve for life no matter what
i know this will happen but really i do like the point deduction why is Ac Milan not relegated?
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by bagoma(f): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2006
i wonder too! are they not as guilty?
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by salehm(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2006
So That means Inter are already Jubilating,Because they will be given the Scudetto without even having to stress
themsleves.So what about players like Pavel Nedved,Gian Luigi Buffon,Patrick Veira,Emerson,Lilian Thuram,Luca Toni,Angelo Perruzi,Simone Inzaghi,Stefano Fiore,Sebastien Frey et all,What are they going to do are they all going to play for their respective Clubs in the second Divisions?
I think Clubs like Arsenal,Real madrid,Man u should should use this as an opportunity to go their and shop for players lipsrsealed
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Priscila(f): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2006
Gunners!
Is it possible to have our one and only P.Vieira back to Emirates?
How could he soundly join that scandalous league?
Buffon is so good I think he is better off in Man U because we already have unmatched Lehman.
You all know how Van Der Sar leaks penalties and Oh boy!who can forget the screamer goal by that unknown Bakary Kone. He was shocked!
For others like Inzaghi, they can join Udinese or AS Roma for all I care.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Chxta(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2006
I've been a Juve fan for more years than I care to remember. Why should I jump ship now?

On the verdict: the 30 points is just plain mean. Those judges must be on cheap paraga. . .
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by mukina2: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2006
good for them next time they wont fix no matches angry angry angry
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by GUNNER(f): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2006
and they wanna appeal, angry shocked i hope the verdict sticks kiss

cuz them Italian clubs need 2 clean up their acts FAST
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by mukina2: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2006
the verdict will stay
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Christino(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2006
That means we can finally bring BUFFON to BORO, that'd be nice, along with Zambrotta! grin

Good for Italian football, change is constant, for once, let Chievo win the league, abi now.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by kitaun(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2006
AMEN   grin grin grin
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Badman888(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2006
This is sad news to see team like Juve go down, it only mean more players for our premiership team, but this is probably the last we would hear from Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina in a long time,
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by hucarson(m): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2006
The clubs will live with it.
Del Piero told journalists before the court ruling that he would stay at Juventus if Juve gets relegated to Serie B.
Italian players don't ply their trade outside Italy. Its like a truce so i expect all the Italian players involved to join other clubs in Serie A.
Only foreign players affected like Vieira,Nedved,Emerson etc can leave the country for England or wherever.

This is not the 1st time such stuffs will happen in Italy.
I back them to cope with this judgement without so much chaos.
Its sad but what will be shall be.

@ priscilla,
Did u say Lehmann is unmatched?
I am having a laugh. grin
Lehmann is a potato head and he does not even rank among the top 5 goalkeepers in England.
Rooney will make him bite the dust again this season.
I cannot wait to see his face whenever United fire shots at this orangutan of a goalie. cheesy
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by c0dec(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2006
no matches were fixed. all our games were fought and won on the pitch. sh*t went on with management but had nothing to do with our players.

those judges are plain cruel. 30 points deficit? wtf! that's just serie C in disguise. i wonder what would have happened if we had actually fixed games using money to bribe peeps. i dont see the difference between our offence and milan except that there was more evidence against us. i'm guessing the judges are inter fans.

well nothing is impossible, we can make it back in one season. we've got a good coach. Del piero, Palladino, Bojinov and maybe kapo dey. juve still has money to pay their wages. i'll only really miss buffon, cannavaro and zambrotta if they leave. nedved is already past his prime. the rest can move on.

FORZA JUVE!
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by woleprof(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2006
i think this will be a deterrant for other clubs both in the serie A and other league worldwide.

sorry to die hard juve fan.

i think after 2 years u may bounce back.
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Chxta(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2006
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Chxta(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2006
To the Anti-Juve:: You have sent us a league down, dropped our points, humilated us, snatched away our deserved titles but our pride still stands, that you may never take, you can go to hell and stuff the leagues up your ****!
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Grizzly(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2006
I'm shell-shocked.
Ok am i? undecided Knew it will happen anyways, so much for match fixing. .
Serie B - 30 points-Key players = Serie C for 2 years!! shocked shocked
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by Chxta(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2006
Didn't you read my write up?

The match fixing scheisse is in no way conclusive!
Re: Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated by toshmann(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2006
@grizzly,

i love ur signature. grin

man u stinks. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Wigan, Sunday, May 9 at 16:00GMT / Man Utd Fans: John O'shea Is The Most Important Man In The Team / How Good Is Andy Carroll?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.