Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Usa Economy Is Falling - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Usa Economy Is Falling (11315 Views)

Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! / Ghana Economy Is Falling Down And Lesson For Nigeria From 2014 / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by queensheeb(f): 1:58am On Oct 05, 2008
This is the perfect time to buy property in the US!!

Seriously, I wish I waited until now. You can easily buy a house and put rental. A property management company will oversee it for you. And you don't have to worry about someone taking over your house that doesn't happen, the law rules and that's not common at all.

Email me if you are interested or know someone who is interested in buying property! I am a licensed real estate professional in the Washington D.C area

msohai0319@gmail.com
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by cabali(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2008
I am already in talks for property in virginia. I'll just clear that out and i am cool.

meanwhile i trust we will soon be roped in. We are not honest enough for our economy to flourish in this sort of time.

abt time we lapse d pressure coming from the oil sector.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by otokx(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2008
there wont be much of an adverse effect on Nigeria as our economy is driven by chop i chop.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm,
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by queensheeb(f): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2008
@ Cabali

Virginia is okay. Most of it is country, so the rental is low price compared to the city.

Baltimore City, DC, or MD Prince George's County is best. I do it in a way that you don't have to worry about getting rental money.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Gbosko: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2008
Guys need to pray. The bail out is just a lease of hope. It doesn't guarantee, for sure, that the world economy will bounce back. This drool may last for a while before total normalcy returns.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by fokochi(m): 5:21am On Oct 06, 2008
hnmm, just a piece of my church mind, let me put a little of my Nigerian mentality into this, 'on a second thought,eyin guys, is the world drifting to an end after all', and it might be the turn of events sha,
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by na2day2(m): 5:27am On Oct 06, 2008
yup! that was on my mind too

fokochi:

hnmm, just a piece of my church mind, let me put a little of my Nigerian mentality into this, 'on a second thought,eyin guys, is the world drifting to an end after all', and it might be the turn of events sha,
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On Oct 06, 2008
fokochi:

I don't think this has to do with the world ending. Just that the splurges of the past have come back to bite us and we all need to deal with the consequence at this time or keep pretending everyone else is to blame but us.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by kaceei: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2008
if the American goes down, we are in pepper soup cry our capital market is already feeling the heat and this is just the beginning. Our foreign reserve which is in dollars will depreciate in value eventually and if the crisis causes a global economic slowdown, global energy demand will reduce causing a downwards movement in oil price and a reduction in our GDP. some of our banks are losing money as we speak cry  In a nut shell the whole world will feel the effect. shocked my prayer is that the Nigerian government should handle ours adequately
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by smooooooth: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2008
mumu, dont u know that most all developing countries have their economies tied to that of developed ones, and progress or failure in devolped countries adversely affects those of developing countries. progress in nigeria depends largely on the amorican economy, so there's nothing to celebrate here,cos if they sink, then we already drowning too.

and this includes all facet of our miserable lives sad
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by kumbalo(m): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2008
How does the down slide of The US Economy positively affects the Nigerian Economy? Pls educate me,

plz don't try to misunderstood me what am trying to say is that We nigerian should be greatful to God we are now on the progress line to succeed and beside that am not talking only on the Bank but the entire crises happening including the mortage and employment, If you are not happy about Nigeria that means you are a bastard maybe u belong to the Niger republic Not Federal Republic of Nigeria, despite the fact that there is notin people are still coming from notin to sumtin why don't u stop criticizing the government and think of a way to achieve your success by yourself, take YAHOO boys for example.

IT TAKES INSANITY AND STUPIDITY TO THINK IN THIS DIRECTION MAYBE nAIRALANDERS SHOULD NOT PAY ANY ATTN TO HIS STATEMENT
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by smooooooth: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2008
no economy in the world is totally independent, the global economy is tried together, that one situation in one affects the other, but the big economies have a stronger hold on developing countries like nigeria.

infact a downward or upward slide in the US affects virtually every other state.do not forget that they are the world power. i have always told ppl, that the nigerian capital market is sufering now, not becos of all the factors they have cited, like the margin acc, etc. it is because the american capital market is going down, thats why the market has suffered globally.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Lifeboy2(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
pls lets not bi happi at others downfall, if US have a problem now it will diffinetly affect the entire world. take for instance every body goes to us for reserved, every body goes to US for borrowing so if something bad happens to them it will affect all the countries that goes there for one thing or the other.

may God help to come out of this crisis in Jesus name Amen
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2008
I am so amazed to read what people around here are thinking, how could someone sane thinks that the downturns of the USA's economy will not affect Nigeria? How could Nigeria be flying high when the USA (global) economy is crying and shedding tears?
1. Nigeria's foreign reserves is in dollars, and the more the value of $ devalues, the lesser our money and the lesser the value of what we can do with it.

2. Economy of USA drives the price of Oil, and Nigeria depends "almost" solely on Oil, and mind you, i am sure some people will come in here and say, dont worry, to hell with USA, as long as China is producing and India is still manufacturing, tell me, who will buy the produced and manufactured goods, if USA has no money to buy anything.

3. Someone say chop i chop is what drives the Nigeria's economy, what will be there to chop, when there is no money, or i guess, you referring to the Yahoo yahoo people, might surprise you that even yahoo boys will cry, cos credit companies wont give them cards no more, all cards will be maxed, and all the "muguns" wont pay anymore, cos they have no money.

4. Some people will lose their jobs, cos their company wont be able to pay them, since they cant get revolving loans to take care of daily activities and business, and mind you some of these people are Nigerians and that means, Western Union will be affected, cos africans uses Western Union to send money more than any other continent in the world.

Infact, the effect is too much to list, so let us hope that the downtrend will be back sooner than we all expect.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by florishn(f): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
pls let us stop abusing this little guy may be that his own point of viewwe all have different options
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by carmelily: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2008
plz don't try to misunderstood me what am trying to say is that We nigerian should be greatful to God we are now on the progress line to succeed and beside that am not talking only on the Bank but the entire crises happening including the mortage and employment, If you are not happy about Nigeria that means you are a bastard maybe u belong to the Niger republic Not Federal Republic of Nigeria, despite the fact that there is notin people are still coming from notin to sumtin why don't u stop criticizing the government and think of a way to achieve your success by yourself, take YAHOO boys for example.

is this poster for real?

Back to topic, i'm with the New World Order conspiracy theorists. Only makes sense. The worst of the crunch rhymes with the '08 elections too. What a coincidence cool cool
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Digiman(m): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2008
carmelily:

Back to topic, i'm with the New World Order conspiracy theorists. Only makes sense. The worst of the crunch rhymes with the '08 elections too. What a coincidence cool cool

New World Order ?, What new World order, it's been around for a while:

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name "– Rev. 13:16-17 (NIV)

As someone mentioned on here, may be the Vatican will come to the rescue wink
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2008
Oh Lordy!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by ohelala: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2008
The US economic issues has started to reflect on other key economies in different part of the world.

The various stock market indices of Hong Kong, China, Japan and parts of europe are already falling.

USA is the main buyer of virtually anything. The cars, electronics, clothing, oil etc.

Already the price of oil, raw materials and commodities have crashed by more than 30%.

The Nigerian raw materials and commodities exporters are already facing this reality.

The commodities that just left the port of Apapa Lagos for overseas markets some fee weeks ago already reflects this situation.

The wave is hitting everywhere, even Japan.

No one is left out, whether you are concerned or not, or directly involved or not, the pinch will be felt, no matter how small it may be.

The joy here is that regardless of whatever the issues may be, God is still the provider.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by blackspade(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Oh Lordy!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Is this your catchphrase or something? I mean seriously, it seems like 80% of your responses consist of "ROTFLMAO!!!"
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by carmelily: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2008
Digiman:

New World Order ?, What new World order, it's been around for a while:
[b]New[/b]spapers have been around for a while too. There's such a thing as fixed expressions Besides, the New World Order dictates what the next world thingy should be. Never gets old/stale. Read up.

blackspade:

Is this your catchphrase or something? I mean seriously, it seems like 80% of your responses consist of "ROTFLMAO!!!"

I noticed too. But kobo's ok grin
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by mafolayomi(f): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2008
one thing i know for sure is, in as much as God almighty is still on his throne, everything is under perfect control. IT IS WELLLLLLLLLL cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by redsun(m): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
http:abcnews.go.com/Blotter?story?id=5973452&page=1

This is what it is all about,about the fat heads creating and enjoying some illusive wealth that belongs to the people.They make and break the system,causing confusion when their greed and atrocities  reaches the limit and the common man as always suffers.

About recently rescued AIG executives spending almost a million dollars just for chilling in an expensive californian resort
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Goshen360(m): 12:08am On Oct 08, 2008
besides, the poster is wrong saying WAMU was closed down, its not true. The bank was bought and the management changed. Means the poster is not even up-to-date with information post on this forum.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Oct 08, 2008
goshen360:

besides, the poster is wrong saying WAMU was closed down, its not true. The bank was bought and the management changed. Means the poster is not even up-to-date with information post on this forum.

Majority of the banks are being bought out in the United States.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Goshen360(m): 12:17am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Majority of the banks are being bought out in the United States.

Then why must the uninformed poster say they are being closed down, that is the point am against. Anyway, make we dey enjoy ourselves in US.
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Oct 08, 2008
goshen360:

Then why must the uninformed poster say they are being closed down, that is the point am against. Anyway, make we dey enjoy ourselves in US.

We all know that for some, ignorance is bliss!!! Make we dey enjoy ourselves ooo!! Those of us who did not put all our money in the housing market or the stock market are right now enjoying ourselves. God is good . . . No be small!!!  grin
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Goshen360(m): 12:23am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

We all know that for some, ignorance is bliss!!! Make we dey enjoy ourselves ooo!! Those of us who did not put all their money in the housing market or the stock market are right now enjoying ourselves. God is good . . . No be small!!! grin

No be small thing my guy. I dey feel you. pls make you chat me now on goshen360, am on yahoo and online now make we chat a little, how is OH, NY is cool and Obama is sweeping off the 2 legs of that Old man 2nite which am waiting to watch, lol
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by na2day2(m): 12:54am On Oct 08, 2008
huh! the dude is a mccain supporter grin grin grin

goshen360:

No be small thing my guy. I dey feel you. please make you chat me now on goshen360, am on yahoo and online now make we chat a little, how is OH, NY is cool and Obama is sweeping off the 2 legs of that Old man 2nite which am waiting to watch, lol
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Abide: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
We really must appreciate the question. We must also acknowledge that nobody has all the answers (If we have learnt anything from this crises, it is that professionals an experts know very little when push comes to shove). Besides, if we are all so 'informed', why are we here? To show off?

Back to the issue, we can safely conclude that no economy is fully immune from the crises. It now comes down to how far reaching is the implication for our economy?

Two major ways our economy can suffer from the crises

(1) How exposed is our financial system to the American economy? How much subprime credits are Nigerian Banks carrying on their books? Do we have to 'write down' loans to American institutions and consequently erode our capital?

(2) What is the impact of the global liquidity squeeze on Nigerian banks? Do we have enough liquidity to continue lending through the crises and avoid economic slowdown? If foreign financial institutions scale back on the lending activities in Nigeria (lines of credit, trade facilities etc), what will be the impact on the system?

I don't have all the answers (nobody does) but it is safe to say that we are not exposed to sub-prime assets (we need to remember that at the center of the crises is the asset bubble in the American mortgage market). Nigerian banks capital (lifeline) has doubled in the last year and the banks remain adequately capitalized (over $10billion was raised last year to strengthen banks' balance sheet).

On the second but less severe risk of foreign banks withdrawing their funds from our market, we have to thread more carefully in making assertions. It is happening. When you are in trouble in home waters, you instinctively withdraw into yourself and conserve liquidity. Fortunately, our exposure to this source of funding in minimal. The only impact is pricing, where customers must be prepared to pay more for loans, especially long term loans. Clearly, this will be paid by the consumers in the long run.

I will have to give credit to the Central Bank for the timely intervention. By releasing some liquidity into the system, they have sent the right signals to the markets (money market, fixed income market and capital market).

Nigeria is safe from the crises because we missed the 'party'. We had a taste of asset bubble when the stock market suffered a correction but that was expected. The lesson for the future is that regulators, though independent of the markets, must always show the amber light when prices become irrational. They must also be prepared to bail out the market because a few traders (backed my irrational investors) can bring Armageddon on all of us
Re: Usa Economy Is Falling by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2008
Abide:

Nigeria is safe from the crises because we missed the 'party'. We had a taste of asset bubble when the stock market suffered a correction but that was expected. The lesson for the future is that regulators, though independent of the markets, must always show the amber light when prices become irrational. They must also be prepared to bail out the market because a few traders (backed my irrational investors) can bring Armageddon on all of us

Thanx for ur analysis, however, i so much disagree with you on the conclussion that Nigeria is safe.
Nigeria is a nation that depends on Oil, and America leads in Importation of Oil, the crisis means, production will be at the minimum, driving will be at minimum, and if all these happens, request for Oil will be down, see what has happened in the Oil market recently, the price of Oil per barrel has gone from 146DPB to 9DPB just within 2 weeks, so tell me, for a nation that depends so much on Oil market, how could be safe from the crisis.

Nigeria dont really produce anything and our reserves are in Dollars, invested out of Nigeria and the value of Dollars will surely drop soon, cos there is no way USA will be able to pay for the debts that they have founds themselves, so the possibility of cutting more money will be high, and that will only devalue the currency, and that means devalue of Nigeria foreign reserve, that will affect you and that will affect me.

Credit crunch will means accesibility to loans will be sqeezed and that means pple that depends on creidit for daily activities are in trouble, some companies might have to close down, lending to nations will even be affected as well.

So all in all, every nation will be affected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taliban Drops Ultimate Meme On Twitter / Black Lives Matter Movement Nominated For Nobel Peace Price / A Girl Is Punished For Being Raped In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.