Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill (710 Views)

IJAW Should Replace Igbo As The Majority Since They Want Biafra.. / Nyesom Wike, Tonye Princewill, Dakuku Peterside Pictured Together / Ijaw's Should Stop Making Noise About Oil And Learn How To Be Hard Working. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by bilymuse: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2008
Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw should give others a chance – Princewill
By Ibanga Isine, Port Harcourt
Published: Friday, 3 Oct 2008
A member of the Niger Delta Technical Committee, Prince Tonye Princewill, on Thursday advised Ijaw to give other ethnic groups in the region, a chance to produce the minister for the newly created Niger Delta Ministry.

Princewill, who is the son of the Amanayabo of Kalabari and leader of the Action Congress in Rivers State, said appointing an Ijaw to head the ministry would amount to marginalisation of other ethnic groups within the region.

Although it was not deliberate, he said Ijaw had been appointed into key positions at the centre including Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan and Chief Timi Alaibe.

He listed other prominent Ijaw in positions of authority to include Chief Power Adiginighan and Chief Odein Ajumogobia among others.

He said he would not envy anybody who would emerge as minister in the newly created ministry, saying without sincerity of purpose, the Federal Government could use it to frustrate the region.

He said, “As an Ijaw man, I have already sensed an anti-Ijaw sentiment in the whole thing. Being the largest ethnic group in the region, any other ethnic group could take it.

“Although the appointments have been seen by many as one-sided, no one planned it, especially the Ijaw. It happened over time and was not meant to disregard any other group.

“We cannot cry about being oppressed and then turn around, and create the same scenario against others.”

source:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200810032143520
Re: Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by bilymuse: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2008
them don start again, yeye people
Re: Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by deor03(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2008
Another thing to add to the list of demands by the MEND, angry
Re: Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by ow11(m): 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2008
@bilymuse

Please could you clarify your statement especially the phrase 'yeye people'. Were you refering to the Mr Princewill and his likes or Ijaw people. Methinks you mean the latter else your ending phrase should have been 'yeye man'.

Also, I would like you to tell me whats wrong with his stance of sharing positions amongst ethnic groups in a region. In Nigeria politics of today, positions are shared amongst ethnic regions. Even though I think the idea is somewhat out of order, that is what pacifies Nigerians. Therefore, I do not see a reason to fault his statement and I'd have to assume you do not believe other ethnic groups besides the Ijaws exist in the ND area.
Re: Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by bilymuse: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2008
We should be trying to get the best man for the job, irrespective of his/her ethnicity. I dont believe ministry of Niger delta would solve the problem, the only solution is resource control.

Instead of them to concentrate on the main issue , they have started bickering about who head the ministry , they are all yeye people
Re: Niger Delta Ministry: Ijaw Should Give Others A Chance – Princewill by ow11(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2008
bilymuse:

We should be trying to get the best man for the job, irrespective of his/her ethnicity.

I agree but Nigerians believe in rotating leadership positions amongst tribes ( which breeds corruption anyway). The idea of a new ministry is a dumb one that won't solve any problem. I believe it is just another avenue to enrich Yar'adua's cronies.

However,I still don't agree with you that Mr Princewill's statement is out of order because he presumes that a NDeltan would probably know how to handle the situation better. He was only trying to point out that 'Ijaws have been given many opportunities to steal FG money grin and other tribes should have the opportunity to do so else  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed'

(1) (Reply)

Orji Laments Abia State Debts / Mauritania Coup Leader Ignores Deadline / Dangote-africas Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.