Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Seplat Graduate Trainee Program - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Seplat Graduate Trainee Program (116502 Views)

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Graduate Trainee Program / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee Program 2015 / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by CCsurplus007(m): 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
coolio2014:
What's going on with this thread?... too quiet

Well its gonna be quiet because it is as if seplat HR has employed all that they need. Is there any graduate trainee on the forum that was called Let the person signify to abi na coded things now? Anyway what would be would be. Please mr coolio do you know if pple would still be contacted? after the test i got a mail to send in some documents with a tone of urgency and till this i have not heard anything from them. Abi dem don forget us...lol
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by coolio2014(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
Well I know medicals have been done for graduate trainees and January 12th is the said resumption date.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by recasy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
On Friday July 18th, I boarded a night bus for the first time in my life. I was very apprehensive given the bad state of our roads and the activities of men of the underworld. The risk associated with travelling by road for 10 long hours and the resources I would expend in the process made the choice a very difficult decision to arrive at, especially when I considered the fact that the result of the exam which I was billed to write could go either way. Just last two weeks, the Petroleum trust development Fund (PTDF), released the list of successful candidates for their oversee scholarship after about 8months of endless waiting. I became worried that some powerful Nigerians may take advantage of the long wait to rig the selection process. My suspicion heightened when a friend called me and asked me to send my particulars, so that his sister who works with the government, can help increase my result score. I regretted not sending my particulars to this friend when last week, a former school mate called me to inform me that he had passed the PTDF exam. Knowing that I did not see him during the exams, I asked him which center he wrote his own exam, he laughed and told me flatly that he didn’t sit for the exams. His name miraculously appeared on the successful candidates list because he has a powerful Uncle who pulled some strings on his behalf.

Now you understand why going to Lagos for the exams was a big deal for me. I went anyway; I took the risk to travel to Lagos from Port Harcourt for the Seplat recruitment exam because I needed the job. I have a job, but the opportunity of landing a better job will always be appealing. Luckily, I arrived at the venue of the exams in ample time to brush my teeth and change my shirt. As I readied myself for the test, I met a guy who also came from Port Harcourt for the recruitment exercise and we got talking. He told me how he was invited for a Halliburton interview and I was thinking to myself, ‘this guy must be very intelligent’. I was crestfallen when he told me that he did not even apply for the job in the first place, to talk of sitting for the exams. He was merely invited for the interview at the instance of his highly connected brother who was part of the system. He must have seen the shock on my face because I could barely talk, when he started telling me that he wished he had brought someone to sit for the exam on his behalf.

Few months ago, 21 graduates lost their lives in the NIS recruitment exam. Till today, the Minister under whose watch this recruitment heist was pulled off is still at the helms of affair in the Ministry of Interior. Hundreds of thousands of graduates were subjected to an exam when most of the slots have been taken by politicians and top ranking civil servants. We have moved on from that debacle and the millions of naira creamed off from jobless Nigerians are yet to be refunded even after Mr. President’s directive. The government which seems overwhelmed by the present security challenges is barely doing enough to arrest unemployment and the major opposition party seems too busy with insulting the ruling party, that it can hardly find the time to tell Nigerians how they intend to create jobs if elected. Recruitment agencies are cashing in on the misfortune of graduates to rip them off by hoodwinking them with different kinds of graduate programs and fees to help them search for non-existent jobs. Companies on the other hand are making it very difficult for fresh graduates by introducing obnoxious recruitment criteria. If companies are not asking for impossible years of experience (as if you can have an experience without working), they will be calling for age brackets that will disqualify many graduates because of the time wasting NYSC program.

This country is becoming increasingly difficult for young Nigerians who do not have connections or are unwilling to soil their integrity. It is a sad reality that in today’s Nigeria, who you know is better than what you read or graduated with. Hard work and competence count for nothing in a nation where nepotism has been elevated mediocrity above excellence. Graduates are becoming desperate as their patience wanes with each passing day, even as they see the opulence displayed by our greedy politicians. My worry is that one day, this critical mass of our population may revolt and its consequences will be worse than the present crisis in the North East. What worries me even more is that more youths are ready to do whatever it takes to become gainfully employed, including selling their conscience. The future of this country will be in dire straits if her future leaders are brought up to believe that honesty, hard work and competence, do not pay. Something urgent needs to be done about the ugly reality of Nigeria graduates.

I can only hope for the best as I await the result of the Seplat recruitment exam, since I do not have any big man to plead my case.

http://edugist.org/from-experience-the-painful-reality-of-a-nigerian-graduate/

8 Likes

Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by recasy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
CCsurplus007:

Well its gonna be quiet because it is as if seplat HR has employed all that they need. Is there any graduate trainee on the forum that was called Let the person signify to abi na coded things now? Anyway what would be would be. Please mr coolio do you know if pple would still be contacted? after the test i got a mail to send in some documents with a tone of urgency and till this i have not heard anything from them. Abi dem don forget us...lol

Bros u like better thing ooh!.. you dey wait for seplat and pressid.. That's nice!
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by CCsurplus007(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
recasy:

Bros u like better thing ooh!.. you dey wait for seplat and pressid.. That's nice!
[quote author=recasy post=28997811]

Lol..wetin man go do
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by gonkin(m): 7:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Recasy, you words are true, when i got contacted by HCP for the aptitude test invitation i had no idea how my name got there. submitted my Cv to Seplat base office directly and 1 week later i got an invite. we were 9 in number that wrote the test. 5 of us diddnt make the 1st stage, and i think they only need 1 person. My cousin's test written weeks before mine they were 2 in number that wrote, why he no go pass, he pass well and his own connection was through a king, but them never call am for medical

That was when i realized that OMO CONNECTION IS THE WAY. Because my Cv wasnt submitted to the secretary or HR, it was directly through the CLO.

I go to seplat nearly every 2 weeks and only 3 weeks back when i say those working in the field, i discovered 40 percent were not graduates. Some got in through IT. I even have 2 uncles there, and one of them is an ND HOLDER who got in also through connection he has worked there for almost 3 yrs, he don build house and has 2 cars. He no hold biro and he never touched paper to get there.

See as from January they will start calling and if they dont call u, u slot is gone and there is nothing u can do about it. So follow up, make some friends there. Do u know that SEPLAT is looking for people? If u can get through the HR/ADMIN, go through the CLO and not just seplat, do the same for all Companies. FIND THAT OGA AT THE TOP. DISTURB HIM BUT DONT PRESSURE HIM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by dodoa: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Happy new year everyone...Happy new year seplat and to the GT'S resuming on January 12...congratulations...
To us experienced hires..let's all hope we are called soon..Amen..
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by franicool: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ma ogas.. Wotz happening?? January is coming to an end and nothing yet.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by sassydust(f): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
i'd say move on... the gts that have resumed, all the best to y'all!
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by dodoa: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
sassydust:
i'd say move on... the gts that have resumed, all the best to y'all!

Really?? Thanks for d advice tho..

1 Like

Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by Dfavouredone: 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
dodoa:

Really?? Thanks for d advice tho..

It is graduate trainees (GTs) that has resume.

They are yet to get to the experience hands, the gas plant we are suppose to work in is still under construction; the last time i hear. So, keep hope alive.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by bukwise: 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
hello guys any latest news about the experience guys.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by biaxeco: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
@Lendron 03, you ve been giving us first hand info. Any latest development on the experienced hire?
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by bukwise: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2015
they called a friend of mine and offer to give him a contract job simply because of d drop in crude oil I guess. The guy took d experience exam last year and did interview as well. He was called early dis month to start as a contract staff but he turn it down because, where he was as a job security but does not pay much. This drop in Crude oil price is affecting everything I guess.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by dodoa: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nothing from seplat....it is well..
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by kodlins(f): 7:34pm On May 05, 2015
bukwise:
they called a friend of mine and offer to give him a contract job simply because of d drop in crude oil I guess. The guy took d experience exam last year and did interview as well. He was called early dis month to start as a contract staff but he turn it down because, where he was as a job security but does not pay much. This drop in Crude oil price is affecting everything I guess.

Guy Abeg which of your friends? A friend went for same interview.. and we have been waiting
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by franicool: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ma pple, any news yet?
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by 1kinggy(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2015
L&G, it is about a year now. Any update or everyone has gone underground? Carry your people along.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by samokoduwa(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
Any news yet? No update, we are change era...
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by vyke2008: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2015
....waiting
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by samokoduwa(m): 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
The company is passing through trying time... suspending almost all her projects and dropping 98% of her inspection staff. Please just believe God and wait still.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by 1kinggy(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2015
We dey wait on baba God. Crude is struggling to stay above $50 bpd.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by athorello(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2015
Anyone, is it true that Seplat is currently accepting email cv applications? Man went through the last process but it wasn't 100% positive. Still hopeful....
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
what's the email
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
athorello:
Anyone, is it true that Seplat is currently accepting email cv applications? Man went through the last process but it wasn't 100% positive. Still hopeful....

what's the email add
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by samokoduwa(m): 8:22am On Sep 06, 2015
SOLARPOWER1:
what's the email

http://seplatpetroleum.com/careers/meet-our-people/
Wld give u the needed email
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by franicool: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Any news yet? no updates?
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by dodoa: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2016
I dont even know if I should still be hopeful or I should just forget abt seplat..its over a year now..God dey
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by 1kinggy(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
God dey. A lot of projects are on hold due to the global oil crash.
Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by charlycharly: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
dodoa:
I dont even know if I should still be hopeful or I should just forget abt seplat..its over a year now..God dey

Are waiting for them to call you? Where you placed on waiting list? People have resumed over a year now oo. I think you should move on .

1 Like

Re: Seplat Graduate Trainee Program by dodoa: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Interview Invite: Who Else Got It? / Peopleplus / Tips On How To Identify Fake Job Offers And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.