Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,857 members, 7,866,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (437661 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
aarinzee:

Stop saying shiiit..
How & in wat circumstances/situation does ur fone get hot..?
U dont expct you fone not to get hot when overuse it..
No one has ever complained of such issue..
You need to figure out whats overheating your device its definately not the rom..
accesibility settings not working
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
dober:
My battery takes more than 10hours to full charge. I have tried different chargers.
Please house what might be the cause?

Try getting a new charger with at least "DC5V=1000mA"
Thats at least the normal voltage that can charge m2 while ur making use of it..
But anything with "DC5V=500mA" will take forever to charge ur fone, unless u keep it idle to charge...
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swaggzo(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
aarinzee:

Stop saying shiiit..
How & in wat circumstances/situation does ur fone get hot..?
U dont expct you fone not to get hot when overuse it..
No one has ever complained of such issue..
You need to figure out whats overheating your device its definately not the rom..

ma G, you working on another mod or something?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dober(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
aarinzee:

Try getting a new charger with at least "DC5V=1000mA"
Thats at least the normal voltage that can charge m2 while ur making use of it..
But anything with "DC5V=500mA" will take forever to charge ur fone, unless u keep it idle to charge...
The DC 5V=1000mA charger that came with my phone is what am using.. This long time charging started recently.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
aarinze Rom is bad it makes my fone get hot well am na on lui Rom d best so far
was unable to lacate USB debugging n L UI ROM bro. Dunno why.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swaggzo(m): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
proffnico:

can you please post screenies of this L UI Rom?
Maybe settings, about phone, app drawer and quick settings panel.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good evening. I want to ask a question about
flashing Gionee m2 from Stock 4.2 to stock 4.4.2 . I have read xda tutorial about this online (xda developer suggested the use of sp flash tool). I want to ask if it is possible to flash the stock kitkat by mere booting the phone into recovery mode and then flash the stock ROM (in zip form)? Thx in advance. will be expecting your response.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swaggzo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:
Good evening. I want to ask a question about
flashing Gionee m2 from Stock 4.2 to stock 4.4.2 . I have read xda tutorial about this online (xda developer suggested the use of sp flash tool). I want to ask if it is possible to flash the stock kitkat by mere booting the phone into recovery mode and then flash the stock ROM (in zip form)? Thx in advance. will be expecting your response.

this is totaly a too easy way. If this was it, why did the xda crew not pick this as the only way?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
proffnico:
go to settings to about phone to about firmware to build number...click build no up to seven times developer option Wil na show from developer option u will c usb debugging
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
lui rom the best Rom so far

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
This rom was appreciated by all on Gionee
M2 group because it is based on AOSP and
looks like Android L roms. It contains many
tweaks like Ad Block feature, Android L
Keyboard, battery and performance tweaks.
Its ram management is great camera quality good. download link https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxHNFAe7-YhTeEQxeXJvNFBnazA&export=download

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
swaggzo:

this is totaly a too easy way. If this was it, why did the xda crew not pick this as the only way?

my brother, what are u suggesting? I will be glad if u kindly open up clearly. Pls. Thx.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

my brother, what are u suggesting? I will be glad if u kindly open up clearly. Pls. Thx.
I flashed gionee m2 jellybean device with a kitkat Rom and up till now it has been working flawlessly in other words, the gionee M2 is now on Kitkat by mere flashing the AOSP ROM by aarinze.
All you need to do is Wipe everything before flashing.
I will post some Screenshots of the gionee m2 i upgraded to kitkat by flashing the aosp rom.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
Its ram management is great camera quality good. download link https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxHNFAe7-YhTeEQxeXJvNFBnazA&export=download

my brother, I want to ask u some questions.
How did u flash this ROM, cos I saw 4.4.2 in the Android os there. were u on stock kitkat before u flashed this custom ROM, or u upgraded to the stock kitkat before flashing this ROM?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thebrightest:
I flashed gionee m2 jellybean device with a kitkat Rom and up till now it has been working flawlessly in other words, the gionee M2 is now on Kitkat by mere flashing the AOSP ROM by aarinze.
All you need to do is Wipe everything before flashing.
I will post some Screenshots of the gionee m2 i upgraded to kitkat by flashing the aosp rom.

Is The Aosp ROM by Aarinze a Custom ROM or stock ROM? Am sorry am bn inquisitive, I don't want to make mistake of bricking that is y.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

Is The Aosp ROM by Aarinze a Custom ROM or stock ROM? Am sorry am bn inquisitive, I don't want to make mistake of bricking that is y.
Custom
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Screenshots of gionee m2 upgraded to kitkat by flashing custom rom.

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thebrightest:
Custom

So, how do I flash it on my stock 4.2 (Gionee m2), and what is the download link... tHx in adv... will be expecting ur response.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
more

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
also rocking the ROM on my GIONEE p4 sweetest ROM ever

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
swisscarter:
also rocking the ROM on my GIONEE p4 sweetest ROM ever

Swiss, good pm. Tell me more about the ROM u just uploaded up here... I like the UI, it makes a lot of sense. Any bug on it? If I flash it thru cwm, will I loss my files and preinstalled apps on my phone?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Thebrightest(m): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

So, how do I flash it on my stock 4.2 (Gionee m2), and what is the download link... tHx in adv... will be expecting ur response.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9COh2DQXTZza3hDcE55ME9DZzA&export=download
Remember to do a backup, then follow the normal flashing procedure but remember to wipe all

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thebrightest:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9COh2DQXTZza3hDcE55ME9DZzA&export=download
Remember to do a backup, then follow the normal flashing procedure but remember to wipe all

u mean the normal cwm backup? if that, I have done it, but how do I backup my msg, installed app, and data on phone memory?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 8:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

my brother, I want to ask u some questions.
How did u flash this ROM, cos I saw 4.4.2 in the Android os there. were u on stock kitkat before u flashed this custom ROM, or u upgraded to the stock kitkat before flashing this ROM?
I was on arinzee Rom before I flashed

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
I was on arinzee Rom before I flashed

I wan backup my msg, data and apps on my phone... which app can I use to do that? I don't want to kiss my data and sms after flashing the ROM.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

I wan backup my msg, data and apps on my phone... which app can I use to do that? I don't want to kiss my data and sms after flashing the ROM.
use titanium backup pro download link http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/42457310/file.html work with rooted fone
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
use titanium backup pro download link http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/42457310/file.html work with rooted fone

I have it already. Give me steps on how to backup data and msg... I don't really care about the apks cos I can still download them later, but I am mostly concerned about my data and msg...
Before flashing the ROM, should I copy the pictures I av on my phone memory to my sd card?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

I have it already. Give me steps on how to backup data and msg... I don't really care about the apks cos I can still download them later, but I am mostly concerned about my data and msg...
Before flashing the ROM, should I copy the pictures I av on my phone memory to my sd card?
click where u saw backup all user app and click good mark

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by happy662(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
happy662:
click where u saw backup all user app and click good mark
for message click backup data to xml

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Guys have forgotten the method to apply that bbm sound for bbm. Becos bbm is not producing that ping sound...
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by shidof(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
jst got my M2 nd m in need of some info. pls add me to d whatsapp group on dis number 08169060836 nd u cn add me if u cn be of help also.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by shidof(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
jst got my M2 nd m in need of some info. pls add me to d whatsapp group on dis number 08169060836 nd u cn add me if u cn be of help also. thks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (190) (Reply)

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / 2go (system Version) Download / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.