Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI (1522 Views)

Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. / Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
Enyeama and Ivory coast's serge aurier are the only africans in whoscored's best XI of the world cup group-stages.Which means enyeama is the best goal-keeper so far and Serge Aurier the best right-back,tho ivory coast are going home.

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by Ashyrule: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
9ce 1! at least 2 Africans made it
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by ellajolie(f): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2014
that's what happens when u play for ur country like ur life depends on it.... u deserve it and even more

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
Continue @ Enyeama. The lord is ur strength
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by AbuMikey(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
fake list!!!!

where is Neymar?
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
Abu Mikey: fake list!!!!

where is Neymar?
Fake ?.
Okay.The list was compiled using the average statistical ratings of players in all 3 group-stage matches by Whoscored.Click on d link i posted.
Note:-
This is not a List of the eleven TOP players.
But a TEAM of XI that consists of ALL POSITIONS.
These are the players with d highest ratings in their various positions.
The players that are similar to Neymar on that list are Robben and Messi.
Neymar performed well but not better than Robben or Messi.
Arguable though.
But i think neymar isnt on d list becos of d mexico game.
He didnt have a high rating in dat match.
Messi and Robben got high ratings in all 3 matches.
Remember,they used d average ratings 4rm all 3 matches.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yeah, right!
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by tobiboss(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
I dont quite blieve it, most websites, had ochoa of mexico as their goalkeeper

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by maestroferddi: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Has to be Ochoa on the goalkeeping spot. Enyeama had an average game against Argentina conceding three soft goals. Messi's second goal caught him napping. Too elementary a mistake.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
maestroferddi: Has to be Ochoa on the goalkeeping spot. Enyeama had an average game against Argentina conceding three soft goals. Messi's second goal caught him napping. Too elementary a mistake.
Boy what d hell did u just say ?.At least be reasonable.
How d fvck are those 3 goals soft ?.You call d 1st goal soft ?.
A rebound 4rm messi after diving 2 save d 1st shot 4rm rojo.He hadnt even recovered,before messi placed the ball into d top corner.
No goal-keeper would save that.
Yeah you heard that right.
3rd goal isnt a soft goal.It was d fault of d defence NOT d GOALIE.
Its only d 2nd u can blame him partially for.
Fact is with our defenders,Casilas,Hart,Buffon even ur ochoa would have conceeded far more in dat match.
Best goalie isnt judged by how many goals u conceed alone.
How many saves u make plays d biggest part.
The amount of saves would determine wether ur clean-sheet or less goals conceeded is actually a fluke or not or if its becos of a strong defence shielding you.
Ochoa with only one goal conceeded,made few saves compared to enyeama,which means he wasnt really tested.
Enyeama made d most
Saves which proves his 2 clean sheets/3 goals conceeded wasnt a fluke.
Thats why it would be hard 4 u 2 see a recognized statistical site with Ochoa as d best goalie in d group-stage.
The two best and most recognized statistical sites in d world Squawka.com and Whoscored.com has enyeama rated as d best goalie.
And the fact that FIFA also has him rated as the best goalie
http://m.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/castrol-index/ranking-goalkeeper.html
makes it OFFICIAL that enyeama has been d best goalie in d tournament so far HANDS DOWN !.
You dont know more than them.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by maestroferddi: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
naija noni:
Boy what d hell did u just say ?.At least be reasonable.
How d fvck are those 3 goals soft ?.You call d 1st goal soft ?.
A rebound 4rm messi after diving 2 save d 1st shot 4rm rojo.He hadnt even recovered,before messi placed the ball into d top corner.
No goal-keeper would save that.
Yeah you heard that right.
3rd goal isnt a soft goal.It was d fault of d defence NOT d GOALIE.
Its only d 2nd u can blame him partially for.
Fact is with our defenders,Casilas,Hart,Buffon even ur ochoa would have conceeded far more in dat match.
Best goalie isnt judged by how many goals u conceed alone.
How many saves u make plays d biggest part.
The amount of saves would determine wether ur clean-sheet or less goals conceeded is actually a fluke or not or if its becos of a strong defence shielding you.
Ochoa with only one goal conceeded,made few saves compared to enyeama,which means he wasnt really tested.
Enyeama made d most
Saves which proves his 2 clean sheets/3 goals conceeded wasnt a fluke.
Thats why it would be hard 4 u 2 see a recognized statistical site with Ochoa as d best goalie in d group-stage.
The two best and most recognized statistical sites in d world Squawka.com and Whoscored.com has enyeama rated as d best goalie.
And the fact that FIFA also has him rated as the best goalie
http://m.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/castrol-index/ranking-goalkeeper.html
makes it OFFICIAL that enyeama has been d best goalie in d tournament so far HANDS DOWN !.
You dont know more than them.
First of all, you must moderate your language as I don't do vulgar. Now why were the goals soft? GOAL NO1: First goal was conceded as early as the 3rd minute from a rebound off the goalpost. How do you explain the loss of reflex action in a keeper presenting the opposition with an unhindered shot on goal with the rebound shot coming off the keeper's back! You don't make such basic mistake with a Messi-team. Seemed like stage fright. That the team got him out of jail by hitting back at Argentina is highly instructive or else it would have been a total whitewash. Verdict: saveable shot. GOAL NO. 2: Do I need to analyse this goal?
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by maestroferddi: 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
GOAL NO.2: Credit goes to Enyeama for saving Messi's first free-kick. Then the second happens. Enyeama got jittery and lost his bearings completely. Communication to the wall got muddled up. We all thought he was leading Messi on by asking the wall to move to the left. The wall got static because I am sure they thought he had the right corner of his goal covered. Moreso when Messi had picked that spot in the first kick. In what was among Messi's easiest free-kicks, the outfielders were left with nothing short of bemusement with that cakewalk of a goal Enyeama allowed past him. Verdict: Messi is a genius but Enyeama obviously flattered him.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
maestroferddi: First of all, you must moderate your language as I don't do vulgar. Now why were the goals soft? GOAL NO1: First goal was conceded as early as the 3rd minute from a rebound off the goalpost. How do you explain the loss of reflex action in a keeper presenting the opposition with an unhindered shot on goal with the rebound shot coming off the keeper's back! You don't make such basic mistake with a Messi-team. Seemed like stage fright. That the team got him out of jail by hitting back at Argentina is highly instructive or else it would have been a total whitewash. Verdict: saveable shot. GOAL NO. 2: Do I need to analyse this goal?
1st of all i cant find where i used vulgar language in my comment.
Secondly
You talk of reflexes,.A goal-keeper made a LOW DIVE 2 d left trying to save d 1st shot which deflected of d cross-bar.Rebound which was quick was a fierce shot into the top corner.You call that a soft goal ??.
I dont know of any keeper that would save that.
Also d rebound didnt come off enyeama's back.I dont know where u watched ur match.
You are d only person i've seen say that the 1st goal was "soft".

Why is it that with 3 goals conceeded and a loss,enyeama still got a higher rating in d argentina match,than in d game against bosnia and iran where he kept clean sheets and nigeria won and drew ?.

Well wether d goals were soft in ur eyes.
The fact remains that the organizers of d world cup FIFA rates enyeama as d best goalie so far ahead of your ochoa.
Also the most recognized statistical sites say d same.
Which makes their judgement/opinion more relevant than yours or mine or any other.
SO
ENYEAMA IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST GOALIE OF THE WORLD CUP SO FAR
(wether we like it or not).
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by maestroferddi: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
GOAL NO.3: Well, the jury is out on this one. Enyeama was not completely culpable because his defenders went flat-footed for this goal. But I think he had a lapse of concentration. Or how do you explain another dead ball confusion and concession? The ball was lofted via a corner from the left-hand side of the pitch, Enyeama obviously was not following the flight of the ball either to make a mid-air interception/save or position himself to make a save from the resultant attack. As he and his defense were enjoying their Brazilian siesta, up popped Marcus Rojo (defender) to knee the ball into the goal. For the second time in 45 minutes, Enyeama was rooted to the spot on a deadball strike. Not even an attempted save; not positioning one of his defenders to cover the right corner of his goal. Note that that was the same spot Messi had picked for the second goal. What did it tell you when Argentina was always getting a one up on Nigeria almost immediately? It goes without saying that Enyeama is up there among the top keepers in the game. But just like I have shown, that Argentina match is one he would watch the clip again and realise that he allowed the occasion get the better part of him.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by maestroferddi: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
naija noni: 1st of all i cant find where i used vulgar language in my comment.
Secondly
You talk of reflexes,.A goal-keeper made a LOW DIVE 2 d left trying to save d 1st shot which deflected of d cross-bar.Rebound which was quick was a fierce shot into the top corner.You call that a soft goal ??.
I dont know of any keeper that would save that.
Also d rebound didnt come off enyeama's back.I dont know where u watched ur match.
You are d only person i've seen say that the 1st goal was "soft".

Why is it that with 3 goals conceeded and a loss,enyeama still got a higher rating in d argentina match,than in d game against bosnia and iran where he kept clean sheets and nigeria won and drew ?.

Well wether d goals were soft in ur eyes.
The fact remains that the organizers of d world cup FIFA rates enyeama as d best goalie so far ahead of your ochoa.
Also the most recognized statistical sites say d same.
Which makes their judgement/opinion more relevant than yours or mine or any other.
SO
ENYEAMA IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST GOALIE OF THE WORLD CUP SO FAR
(wether we like it or not).
Vulgarity = f-words; four-letter words.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by MrMac10(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Niggaz compiling lists like bitches. Fake ass kist. Ochoa is a demon. Man of the match vs Brazil

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by tobiboss(m): 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
Sori naija noni, bt i agree wit maestroferddi here, enyeama is good, bt in the group stage, ochoa slightly outshines him, did u watch the brazil mexico game? To me there's a diff btw avin a gud game and nt conceeding(mex bra match) and avin a gud game yet conceedin 2 soft goals(ng arg match). Against bosnia, enyeama only made 2big saves(if i rememba correctly) and against iran 1save(big save). Ochoa impressed alot against brazil and croatia

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
tobiboss: Sori naija noni, bt i agree wit maestroferddi here, enyeama is good, bt in the group stage, ochoa slightly outshines him, did u watch the brazil mexico game? To me there's a diff btw avin a gud game and nt conceeding(mex bra match) and avin a gud game yet conceedin 2 soft goals(ng arg match). Against bosnia, enyeama only made 2big saves(if i rememba correctly) and against iran 1save(big save). Ochoa impressed alot against brazil and croatia
Enyeama made more saves than Ochoa,thats a fact.
Whoscored.com Squawka.com and most importantly the organizers of d world cup FIFA all rated enyeama ahead of ochoa.
And dis judgement was made through their stats.
And YES i watched all mexico's games.
In your personal opinion ochoa has been the best.
But OFFICIALLY enyeama is rated the best goal-keeper so far.
End of story !.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by DaBozz(m): 12:43am On Jun 28, 2014
naija noni:
Fake ?.
Okay.The list was compiled using the average statistical ratings of players in all 3 group-stage matches by Whoscored.Click on d link i posted.
Note:-
This is not a List of the eleven TOP players.
But a TEAM of XI that consists of ALL POSITIONS.
These are the players with d highest ratings in their various positions.
The players that are similar to Neymar on that list are Robben and Messi.
Neymar performed well but not better than Robben or Messi.
Arguable though.
But i think neymar isnt on d list becos of d mexico game.
He didnt have a high rating in dat match.
Messi and Robben got high ratings in all 3 matches.
Remember,they used d average ratings 4rm all 3 matches.

D compilation is still fake, Daley Blind is a left back and not a central back. He's an Ajax player and he was the one that gave RVP the fantastic cross that led to his 17 yards stunning header against Spain that got Casillas staring at the sky.

And Karem Benzema plays top 9 for France and not 11 as shown by ur listing.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 28, 2014
Please stop deceiving yourself. Enyema did well but this was done by a website and it is not official.

Ochoa of Mexico deserve the starting 11 if it was an official list

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Aigipan: Please stop deceiving yourself. Enyema did well but this was done by a website and it is not official.

Ochoa of Mexico deserve the starting 11 if it was an official list
FIFA d organizers of d world cup has enyeama as the best goalie.That makes it official.
Y'all are d ones deceiving urselves.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by teebun: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerians can like stupid oversabi arguments.
Shey una sabi pass whoscored.com,Squawka.com,FIFA sef don confirm am say enyeama na d best goalie,wetin una still dey argue again ?.
Thats why u ppl arent football experts.The experts rate enyeama as d best goalie.Y'all get easily carried away by one spectacular save and make ur naive conclusions.
Enyeama has made the most saves in tournie,far more than ochoa.
I watched cameroon-mexico match,i cant remember ochoa making any notable save.He was barely tested.
Against croatia too he made very few saves cos he was barely tested.
Its only d game against brazil dat he put up a MOTM performance.
But unfortunately FIFA's judgement isnt based on one or two matches alone,but all matches.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by cr7lomo: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
teebun: Nigerians can like stupid oversabi arguments.
Shey una sabi pass whoscored.com,Squawka.com,FIFA sef don confirm am say enyeama na d best goalie,wetin una still dey argue again ?.
Thats why u ppl arent football experts.The experts rate enyeama as d best goalie.Y'all get easily carried away by one spectacular save and make ur naive conclusions.
Enyeama has made the most saves in tournie,far more than ochoa.
I watched cameroon-mexico match,i cant remember ochoa making any notable save.He was barely tested.
Against croatia too he made very few saves cos he was barely tested.
Its only d game against brazil dat he put up a MOTM performance.
But unfortunately FIFA's judgement isnt based on one or two matches alone,but all matches.

This list is fake , saw d real list on espnfc.com . Ochoa was d goolie selected . Just because we r Nigerians don't mean we Sud accept deception cos enyeama is Nigerian. If u doubt me go to espnfc.com , Das whr ud find d official list . Ochoa conceded only 1 and it took almost 270 mins of game play to b beaten , enyeama lasted 181mins and conceded 3 .
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by teebun: 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
cr7lomo.:

This list is fake , saw d real list on espnfc.com . Ochoa was d goolie selected . Just because we r Nigerians don't mean we Sud accept deception cos enyeama is Nigerian. If u doubt me go to espnfc.com , Das whr ud find d official list . Ochoa conceded only 1 and it took almost 270 mins of game play to b beaten , enyeama lasted 181mins and conceded 3 .
FIFA that rates enyeama as d best goalie is a nigerian organization abi ?
The OP's post was 4rm
Whoscored,it isnt official neither is ESPN's own official.
The only one u can consider official is the one from the organizers of the tourney itself and thats FIFA.
If its not from FIFA,then it isnt official.
FIFA rates enyeama as the best goalie.That makes enyeama the official best goalie.
ESPN,whoscored,,skysports have different candidates,but none of them can be regarded as official except the one 4rm FIFA
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by tobiboss(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
teebun:
FIFA that rates enyeama as d best goalie is a nigerian organization abi ?
The OP's post was 4rm
Whoscored,it isnt official neither is ESPN's own official.
The only one u can consider official is the one from the organizers of the tourney itself and thats FIFA.
If its not from FIFA,then it isnt official.
FIFA rates enyeama as the best goalie.That makes enyeama the official best goalie.
ESPN,whoscored,,skysports have different candidates,but none of them can be regarded as official except the one 4rm FIFA
but when thesame fifa rank nigeria 44th you agree right??
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
naija noni:
FIFA d organizers of d world cup has enyeama as the best goalie.That makes it official.
Y'all are d ones deceiving urselves.

show me the fifa link
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by teebun: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
tobiboss: but when thesame fifa rank nigeria 44th you agree right??
Everybody has different opinions which could be flawed or biased.
We can cry from morning 2 night dat nigeria deserve 2 b ranked higher.
But d fact remains dat nigeria is officially ranked 44th in d world wether we agree or not.
Same thing with Man-of-the-match awards in dis world cup.
Different football sites(ESPNFC,skysports,whoscored,Goal.com e.t.c) all have their different man-of-the-match for every match.Everybody has his personal man-of-the-match.
But the one dat is recognized is d one from FIFA.
Same case here.
Re: Enyeama Listed In World Cup Group-stage Best XI by naijanoni(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Report: Atletico Madrid Agree Fee For Mario Mandzukic / Sign Up - Merrybet / Football Fixed Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.