Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (171960 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
Someone please fill me in. csimms7, gcey2k. anybody.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by adeyemialatishe(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bros sorry about the family issue. Pls relax if u were invited your place is secure. So whenever u can travel down with all your documentation, just go straight to the head office. They won't pick becos today hass been quite hectic and they are still calling names.

Its well.

Theelectlady1:
Morning everyone, I am new to nairaland and i stumbled on this thread earlier this week. I got the text but could not make it today due to a family emergency. Can someone pls give details about the briefing and also i need a phone no and the email address of the Director of Education to explain my plight. I kept calling the number in which i got a text from but the guy at the other end hasnt been helpful, i sent a mail to Mrs Sotonye Ordor but still no reply.
I am a PHD recipient of the foreign scholarship. Anyone there pls can help ask for a guy called Okukunu from cross river state also a PHD recipient, i lost his contact but i am very sure he got it too. Can you pls ask him to call a certain lady called Queen.

Kind Regards
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Iflyer: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
adeyemialatishe:
Bros sorry about the family issue. Pls relax if u were invited your place is secure. So whenever u can travel down with all your documentation, just go straight to the head office. They won't pick becos today hass been quite hectic and they are still calling names.
Its well.

Bro, please any info on whether there will be another briefing or is today the only day? Thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by fct07a1171: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
a very big congrat 2 all those who made it. 2 those who were not invited, kip praying cos i jst learnt that odas wl b invited 4 replacement wen documentation is concluded and some pple who rejected d award like myself fail 2 document cos all slots must b filled. pray very hard. lov u all

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
Iflyer:

Bro, please any info on whether there will be another briefing or is today the only day? Thanks
I got a mail invite for Friday. So there is definitely another.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by cynthiababe(f): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
spawne:

I got a mail invite for Friday. So there is definitely another.
Sorry?? U got a mail?? Not an sms??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Please house is there anyone deferring to September? cos ma dream school z still on my mind.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
cynthiababe:

Sorry?? U got a mail?? Not an sms??
Both.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lucypride: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
gcey2k:
Hello! Anyone in Landmark?
Hi everyone,
for those of you who attended the orientation today, can you please brief us on what the next step should be?
besides the documents we were asked to bring, did they ask to collect account numbers for the school or would they be writing a cheque?
I wasn't able to attend, but i just need to know the orientation was about.
Thank you.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by kayuseful: 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
signing of guarantors form. how far
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Synger: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2014
fct07a1171:
a very big congrat 2 all those who made it. 2 those who were not invited, kip praying cos i jst learnt that odas wl b invited 4 replacement wen documentation is concluded and some pple who rejected d award like myself fail 2 document cos all slots must b filled. pray very hard. lov u all

FCT please I need to reach you as soon as possible...pls could you indulge me by replying this message?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Sintame: 12:59am On Nov 06, 2014
lucypride:

Hi everyone,
for those of you who attended the orientation today, can you please brief us on what the next step should be?
besides the documents we were asked to bring, did they ask to collect account numbers for the school or would they be writing a cheque?
I wasn't able to attend, but i just need to know the orientation was about.
Thank you.

It would be great if those that attended can brief the house on what was said. At least it would help dispel rumors. I am interested in knowing the following:

1. Did NDDC specify that they would ONLY sponsor people to certain schools?

2. What does the award cover? Does it cover for accommodation, living expenses, etc. (Will accommodation, living expenses, etc be part of the $30,000 or separate?) Does NDDC pay for flight ticket to-and-fro?

3. What happens if the school fees of your school is more than $30000?

4. Is there a time frame in which one must use the scholarship? Can people whose schools have withdrawn their admission (because they didnt pay before the deadline) use this year's award for next year's (sept 2015) admission?

5. Please feel free to provide other info you think anyone should care about.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by wordychap: 4:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Oh God help me to be one of d nddc scholars next time
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Sintame:

It would be great if those that attended can brief the house on what was said. At least it would help dispel rumors. I am interested in knowing the following:

1. Did NDDC specify that they would ONLY sponsor people to certain schools?

2. What does the award cover? Does it cover for accommodation, living expenses, etc. (Will accommodation, living expenses, etc be part of the $30,000 or separate?) Does NDDC pay for flight ticket to-and-fro?

3. What happens if the school fees of your school is more than $30000?

4. Is there a time frame in which one must use the scholarship? Can people whose schools have withdrawn their admission (because they didnt pay before the deadline) use this year's award for next year's (sept 2015) admission?

5. Please feel free to provide other info you think anyone should care about.

Thanks for sharing.

Let me attempt to answer some of the questions;

1. Nddc did say one must attend any particular schools. But it has partnership agreement with som uk schools , so applying to these schools will result in speedy issuance of admission and CAS also there's a reduction in fees for nddc scholars in schools.

2. The award amount is just $30k and you get it when you arrive the institution of your choice. they'll pay it into your school account number and deposit the remaining in your foreign account u will open on arrival in that country. so u fund your flight fares.

3. if your school fees is more than 30k its upto u to fund the remaining balance or u can simply change school.

4. there's a snag here. They actually said u can defer till September "15 when they were talking but on issuing the letter one sees that "you forfeit this scholarship after 6 months if not used". But afterwards they announced that one can come to their office for a fresh letter as the one they've just issued would have expired by September 2015.

So one can decode that they're expecting us all to leave in January 2015.

I hope this few answers help.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 6:40am On Nov 06, 2014
Iflyer:

sorry bro. turns out that I didn't read my text properly. I wasn't scheduled for Friday but Wednesday like the others. Apparently there may be no other briefing. Just saying.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by fct07a1171: 6:47am On Nov 06, 2014
Synger:

FCT please I need to reach you as soon as possible...pls could you indulge me by replying this message?

gregrich032003@yahoo.com or thru my fb richlybless greg
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Bubaraye: 7:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen,This is to inform you that NDDC has started contacting successful applicants.The Notification text was sent at about 2pm yesterday.Congratulations to the potential beneficiaries......
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Sintame: 7:39am On Nov 06, 2014
njoryor:

1. Nddc did say one must attend any particular schools. But it has partnership agreement with som uk schools , so applying to these schools will result in speedy issuance of admission and CAS also there's a reduction in fees for nddc scholars in schools.

2. The award amount is just $30k and you get it when you arrive the institution of your choice. they'll pay it into your school account number and deposit the remaining in your foreign account u will open on arrival in that country. so u fund your flight fares.

3. if your school fees is more than 30k its upto u to fund the remaining balance or u can simply change school.

4. there's a snag here. They actually said u can defer till September "15 when they were talking but on issuing the letter one sees that "you forfeit this scholarship after 6 months if not used". But afterwards they announced that one can come to their office for a fresh letter as the one they've just issued would have expired by September 2015.

Thanks njoryor for you detailed reply.

Just to clarify one of your points; did they say how scholars should contact them after obtaining another admission for January? I don't think several trips to their office is ideal.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lucypride: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2014
njoryor:

hi,
thanks for your help, but how do we contact nddc when we get to the school? they dont have a working email address they respond to. or is it via calls?/quote]
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by temiwalters: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2014
Bubaraye:
Ladies and gentlemen,This is to inform you that NDDC has started contacting successful applicants.The Notification text was sent at about 2pm yesterday.Congratulations to the potential beneficiaries......
Please would like to have a private discussion with you, you could help with your email address if you dont mind or I drop mine, Thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Esmer: 8:26am On Nov 06, 2014
Bubaraye:
again?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Bubaraye:

wetin this one de talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by sifo: 8:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Pls need a reminder on who is eligible to sign d guarantors form and must He/she be from ur state or LGA? Answer needed Asap pls
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by cc150615(f): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
gcey2k:

wetin this one de talk?
Lols, anyway I'm so Happy for u,Which school did u finally decide to go
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
how do I defer the scholarship? Till September I mean.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
cc150615:

Lols, anyway I'm so Happy for u,Which school did u finally decide to go

Tnx a whole lot...still exploring my options...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
lucypride:

hi,
thanks for your help, but how do we contact nddc when we get to the school? they dont have a working email address they respond to. or is it via calls?/quote]

I can recall the director saying that before we leave the hall we will be given a working email and contacts by the directorate of education but I doubt if anyone remembered to ask for it after the euphoria of receiving the letter. I think the next moment to ask for it is when we'll submit the acceptance form.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by mouxman(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello great scholars,

I'm currently in PH. I dint get an invite but I came cos my "source" asked me to do so and guess what?? I received my letter today.
I discovered that the director of education deliberately refused to send notification to people, it took the anger and intervention of the MD to get him to send invites to the 2014 scholars. The MD was really angry with him and still, I discovered that a lot of people from some states especially Akwaibom are yet to get their invites.
I'll advise that you come to the NDDC HQ and check for your name to see if its on the list.
All the best everyone....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by inteli: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
mouxman:
Hello great scholars,

I'm currently in PH. I dint get an invite but I came cos my "source" asked me to do so and guess what?? I received my letter today.
I discovered that the director of education deliberately refused to send notification to people, it took the anger and intervention of the MD to get him to send invites to the 2014 scholars. The MD was really angry with him and still, I discovered that a lot of people from some states especially Akwaibom are yet to get their invites.
I'll advise that you come to the NDDC HQ and check for your name to see if its on the list.

Please what days are visiting days. Thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
sifo:
Pls need a reminder on who is eligible to sign d guarantors form and must He/she be from ur state or LGA? Answer needed Asap pls

A national assembly member, civil servant from the rank of director, 1st class traditional ruler etc
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by temiwalters: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
mouxman:
Hello great scholars,

Hi, this is interesting to hear but who do we ask to see on getting there besides can one just surface on any of the days?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sintame:

Thanks njoryor for you detailed reply.

Just to clarify one of your points; did they say how scholars should contact them after obtaining another admission for January? I don't think several trips to their office is ideal.

yea you bring the letter to them they'll update it to sept. 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.