Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa (1876 Views)

Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Arsenal Offers Semi Ajayi Two-Year Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by elipheleh(m): 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
The Super Eagles Manager, Stephen Keshi, has landed a mouthwatering two-year deal with the South African Soccer Federation to take over the coaching job of the country’s senior national team, the Bafana Bafana, immediately after the ongoing Brazil 2014 World Cup.
It was gathered that Keshi would cease to be the Super Eagles manager after the Mundial, since he has accepted to take the offer from South Africa.
According to our source, the Big Boss would head to Johannesburg straight from Brazil to sign the dotted lines and be unveiled by the South Africans once he is through with the World Cup assignment.

Keshi

It would be noted had South Africa had last month sacked the Bafana Bafana manager, Gordon Igesund, after their friendly against Australia.
A source said: “I can confirm to you that the deal between Keshi and SAFA has been signed and sealed.
“He is going to South Africa immediately after the World Cup.
“The South Africans are impressed with what he has done with the Eagles and want him to turn around the fortunes of Bafana Bafana.”
Meanwhile, The Eagle Online further gathered that at least 10 top European coaches are already eyeing Keshi’s job.
Agents of the coaches have submitted their CVs to the Nigeria Football Federation officials.
It is not yet clear if the NFF would settle for a foreign manager to take over from Keshi or appoint another indigenous coach.
With the qualifiers for the 2015 Nations Cup in Morocco set to begin in September, the NFF does not have the luxury of time.
Our source stated that the NFF will take a decision on who takes over from Keshi immediately after the World Cup.
Keshi’s first assignment for South Africa would be against the Super Eagles as South Africa and Nigeria have been drawn into the same group in the race to Morocco 2015.
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by hollandis(f): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
I hope his assistant or should I say partner in crime is going also.We dont need such people in the team

Nigeria was not able to play beautiful football .Nothing interesting,played heart attack football .I had to record the argentina match ,whilst doing window shopping in walmart ,cos i knew they were going to irritate me with their style ,if they beat France on Monday ,I wouldnt even care .This tournament is one of the worst organized by FIFA,too much shady dealings and politics involved
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by blemon44(m): 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
where is the source

let me check if it's true

1 Like

Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by Syenite(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
He is going to South Africa to dent his CV. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by sweettease(f): 12:03am On Jun 28, 2014
hollandis: I hope his assistant or should I say partner in crime is going also.We dont need such people in the team

Nigeria was not able to play beautiful football .Nothing interesting,played heart attack football .I had to record the argentina match ,whilst doing window shopping in walmart ,cos i knew they were going to irritate me with their style ,if they beat France on Monday ,I wouldnt even care .This tournament is one of the worst organized by FIFA,too much shady dealings and politics involved
Really? The Nigeria - Argentina match was that horrible? I guess I must have watched an upgraded beta version then... What were you expecting? A match where the Argentines will tremble and beg for mercy? Lol, the fact that our guys didn't tremble like school girls is good enough for me. Up eagles!!! cool

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by blemon44(m): 12:08am On Jun 28, 2014
hollandis: I hope his assistant or should I say partner in crime is going also.We dont need such people in the team

its like you didnt watch the nations cup??

this man gave you what you have been yawning for the past 19years
yet you are calling him and his crew partners in crime

Nigeria has never been in the world cup round 16 for the past 16 years

mention any coach in Africa that can match Keshi's achievements with the
Nigerian team.
Remenber that this Nigerian team does not have any name but they are still doing the job.

KESHI MAKES SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by EnterPRO: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2014
na wa oh, Keshi sef don fly!
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 28, 2014

U shaa must have something to rant about grin
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by tobiboss(m): 8:53am On Jun 28, 2014
Sauce please?
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by hollandis(f): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2014
sweet-tease:
Really? The Nigeria - Argentina match was that horrible? I guess I must have watched an upgraded beta version then... What were you expecting? A match where the Argentines will tremble and beg for mercy? Lol, the fact that our guys didn't tremble like school girls is good enough for me. Up eagles!!! cool

The recorded Match was panicky for me ,how much more the live version.I think the only tournament I can muster tp watch the live matches is the U-17 .I enjoy their system of play.I cant wait for the lads who recently won U-17 to start wearing super eagles jersey.These SE players are frightening to watch
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2014
Syenite: He is going to South Africa to dent his CV. grin grin

This is pure crap!!! We do not want Keshi training the SA national team. That would be taboo! South Africans would protest against such.
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by abatically(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2014

Nigeria was not able to play beautiful football .Nothing interesting,played heart attack football .I had to record the argentina match

When has Nigeria or Africa in general ever played beautiful football since the class of 1994. You want a Kia picanto to run like a Ferrari? Impossible. Africa football is always about brute force and long range shots, there's nothing u can do about it since the talent is minimal. Let's face the truth here, the team is shyte, no single work class player, in fact Nigeria hasn't produced a single word class player since kanu nwankwo. That is not Keshi's fault.

Keshi won the nation's cup after 19 years of barenness from foreign coaches, got us through the last 16 of the world cup since 1998, won a world cup match for Nigeria since 1998 (after 16 years of no world cup victory). He deserves some credits. Nigeria can't play the beautiful football we all desire, u know why? We don't have the players and no coach in this world can make this bunch of players play sexy football. The only hope we have is use what we have which is brute force and physicality.... Just like every other African team.. And then hope we have a little bit of LUCK. Yes, we need luck.

Last bulket: Spanish Tiki taka vs Nigerian scatter scatter, . Right now I would take Nigerian scatter scatter over Tiki taka because Tiki taka are out while scatter scatter made it to last 16.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by Anagosed: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
BluIvy:

This is pure crap!!! We do not want Keshi training the SA national team. That would be taboo! South Africans would protest against such.

You aren't even a South African so shut the hell up and face your worthless country.
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by kokoA(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
I don't give a damm where he goes after the WC. He should just ensure we beat France on monday and proceed to play Algeria in the Quarter finals, that's all. Meanwhile, SA national team cannot perform even if they hire Vicente Del bousque with Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti as assistants.. Those guys can't play soccer to save their lives.
Re: Keshi Dumps Super Eagles,signs Two Year Contract With South Africa by teebun: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
False news.

(1) (Reply)

Premier League And La Liga Fixture Schedule For This Weekend / D'tigers Through To The Final / Mane Build Mini-stadium In His Village In Bambali, Senegal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.