Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady (24479 Views)

Best Football(soccer) Tips / Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter / Faith And Football: Soccer Stars Who Are Devout Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Well it is not a hate speech. It is an opinion. The word hate speech is a big word. If I say homosexuality is wrong, that is not an hate speech. But If I say all gays should be killed and they are disgusting and bla bla bla. That is a hate speech.

well,do some research on her and educate yourself,if what you just stated is what you will call hate speech then I must say that Ann coulter has done worse...just search

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Exactly, some are. So imagine someone else in this thread making up stories that other leagues are shown on TV quite often.

wait,I showed you TV listing you said it is a scam despite you showing up how slow and dumb you are and then all of a sudden you try to switch it around to me making up stuff? wow.....I repeat...MSNBC shows all english league matches and 70% of div 2 matches,they show 80% of MLS matches,they show all USMNT matches,the show about 60% of Spanish league on Gol TV,telemundo sports shows most spanish league matches,ESPN deportes(the spanish espn) shows almost all spanish league matches,ESPN and ESPN2 show a few EPL,Ligue 1 and Bundesliga ,Fox soccer channel shows almost all EPL matches,Fox soccer plus shows same,BeiN sport is the same(I have a Nigerian friend who is an analyst on there) and even ESPN3 allows you to stream almost all EPL matches on your laptop for free coupled with numerous american websites that give you free links to games (http://www.wiziwig.tv/) but still,you are too thick brained to acknowledge that you dont know squat but would rather make up shit

3 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Lenonxx6: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Don't know why you are all bothering your selves to answer a fool from a country who don't know the name of the sport. FYI it's called Football
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by McWhillion(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nobleval: lemme read.
That your defunct 'Thread for facts' pained me among other very useful things that the attack on nairaland wiped.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
McWhillion:
That your defunct 'Thread for facts' pained me among other very useful things that the attack on nairaland wiped.
Bro you're not alone. I don't even know where to start from. It's so sad....
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Danhumprey: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nobleval: Bro you're not alone. I don't even know where to start from. It's so sad....
I know you are pained,but can't you start afresh?
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Danhumprey: I know you are pained,but can't you start afresh?
Start from where? Damnit! I don't know where to start from.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by makahlj2: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
Big4wig: By d name Ann Coulte,dis must be a lady..y would i waste my time arguing football wit a woman..mtshww Ann Coulte enter kitchen ur kids are hungry

#FOOTBALLROCKS
She is not a genuine woman. She even has an Adam's apple, for heavens' sake!

3 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
makahlj2: She is not a genuine woman. She even has an Adam's apple, for heavens' sake!
what the Bleep?

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

1) That's major bullcrap

2) I don't even think you have ever stepped foot in the United States.

3) When games from the EPL, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, French Le Championnat, German Bundesliga are on there are nowhere to be seen on United States TV.

4) Soccer/Football is treated as an upper-middle class sports in the United States.

5) Instead, in some states in the United States, they cancel important Football/Soccer matches in favour of Nascar racing, I mean really? Nascar racing??

6) Football/Soccer is nowhere the level of American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, etc. in the United States.

7) Even the Kentucky Derby draws a larger crowd.

cool Don't spread false information.

1) Your opinion but a hint, just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to turn obtuse. Debate with class.

2) Be that as it may, it's a red herring but see the attached picture. Clearly shows an American passport with this post in the background. (How does crow taste now?)

3) First of all why would American TV be showing European league? Thank God for that, I have no interest in those mentioned leagues because I watch MLS and if I have a need to watch Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea then I turn to BBC online.

4) Not true. As a matter of fact if you go to most of the barrios you'll find soccer fields. You are truly doing your depth a disservice.

5) And why shouldn't they? Here in the US we don't have a national TV monopoly, each station gets to decide what makes money for them and their shareholders. That they have a larger Nascar fan base doesn't mean that Americans do not belong in soccer. I'ma gear head, I love all sports that involves a combustion engine and I also love soccer - most adults can multi task.

6) Nobody is saying that it is. Your argument is that it doesn't exist but it does and in buckets.

7) Perhaps but you need to stop this ideology that soccer has to be the greatest sport in a country for that country to participate.

cool What false information have I shared? You are not a great debater. Stay with facts and not emotions.

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Well it is not a hate speech. It is an opinion. The word hate speech is a big word. If I say homosexuality is wrong, that is not an hate speech. But If I say all gays should be killed and they are disgusting and bla bla bla. That is a hate speech.

Please do some research.

If you say homosexuality is wrong, that there is hate speech but protected by freedom of speech (which is unfortunate but it is what it is).

If you say homosexuals should be killed then that is hate crime and tantamount to a terroristic threat.

It's a bad analogy anyway.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 12:55am On Jun 30, 2014
CityNG:

Please do some research.

If you say homosexuality is wrong, that there is hate speech but protected by freedom of speech (which is unfortunate but it is what it is).

If you say homosexuals should be killed then that is hate crime and tantamount to a terroristic threat.

It's a bad analogy anyway.

You must not know what hate speech is then.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 12:56am On Jun 30, 2014
milehigh06:

well,do some research on her and educate yourself,if what you just stated is what you will call hate speech then I must say that Ann coulter has done worse...just search

Look who is talking about research, first read the dictionary on the word hate.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

You must not know what hate speech is then.

Telling a group of people of a protected class that there lifestyle is wrong is hate.

You can formulate whatever meaning that makes you sleep at night but it is what it is.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by cheguevera: 2:47am On Jun 30, 2014
BET AWARDS 2014 LIVEEEEEE
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2014
CityNG:

Telling a group of people of a protected class that there lifestyle is wrong is hate.

You can formulate whatever meaning that makes you sleep at night but it is what it is.

Who is talking about formulation. I am talking about stretching a word. Hate is a very strong word. So telling government that looting is wrong is also hate speech abi, they are a protected class.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by hollandis(f): 3:55am On Jun 30, 2014
I just read few lines .I realize she is a feminist .I know where she is coming from lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 30, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

1) Who is talking about formulation. I am talking about stretching a word. 2) Hate is a very strong word. 3) So telling government that looting is wrong is also hate speech abi, they are a protected class.

1) I accused you of formulation a definition to help you justify your bent position. I still say that your choice of analogy is uncoot.

2) As it should be. The word hate is not the bone of contention here. You moved the scale from free speech towards crime.

3) An average Nigerian mentality. The government is not a protected class. The protected class are the sections of the populace that are oppressed. The government is there to serve us. How can someone we hired for a job needs protection from his bosses?
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2014
CityNG:

1) I accused you of formulation a definition to help you justify your bent position. I still say that your choice of analogy is uncoot.

2) As it should be. The word hate is not the bone of contention here. You moved the scale from free speech towards crime.

3) An average Nigerian mentality. The government is not a protected class. The protected class are the sections of the populace that are oppressed. The government is there to serve us. How can someone we hired for a job needs protection from his bosses?

1) Justify what? You accused a woman of hate speech and I said if that is called hate speech, then you don't know what hate speech is.
2) I didn't move any scale. I was clearly stating the woman's opinion is not a hate speech. I disagree with her conclusion but it is not hate speech, stop stretching the word hate speech.
3) Actually a protected class is just a group that can't be targeted for discrimination, they don't have to be oppressed. So if a PDP member is taxed more than apc because he is PDP, that is discrimination. It happened here in America. So this has nothing to do with Nigerian mentality. So stop trying to call everything hate speech cause it is not.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Rashdimuh(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2014
See mgbeke feeling funky

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by MCSlam: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2014
Just assume hate and keep. Reading
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

1) Justify what? You accused a woman of hate speech and I said if that is called hate speech, then you don't know what hate speech is.
2) I didn't move any scale. I was clearly stating the woman's opinion is not a hate speech. I disagree with her conclusion but it is not hate speech, stop stretching the word hate speech.
3) Actually[b] a protected class is just a group that can't be targeted for discrimination[/b], they don't have to be oppressed. So if a PDP member is taxed more than apc because he is PDP, that is discrimination. It happened here in America. So this has nothing to do with Nigerian mentality. So stop trying to call everything hate speech cause it is not.

1) I've never actually accused her of hate speech. Read my postings again. You on the other hand with your homophobic example that you used is hate speech.

2) Read number one again or maybe go through my postings again.

3) This is the first thing you've posted so far that makes any sense. So how is a government a protected class? A political party is not government but simply a political party.

It didn't happen here in the US so stop misinterpreting the truth. What happened was that the IRS tried to deny a not for profit identification and did an improper investigation on a fringe political party because of their loose organization.

Fraud on the part of the IRS does not make a political party a protected class nor was there any hate speech there so I am not sure why you even brought that up in this conversation.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by abohrandy: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
some pipo don leave the subject dey attack na the fact say i use hate speech in the title!! all those Pete Edochie him students fit go drink fish piss for all i care!! just read and get the msg joor!!! angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
CityNG:

1) I've never actually accused her of hate speech. Read my postings again. You on the other hand with your homophobic example that you used is hate speech.

2) Read number one again or maybe go through my postings again.

3) This is the first thing you've posted so far that makes any sense. So how is a government a protected class? A political party is not government but simply a political party.

It didn't happen here in the US so stop misinterpreting the truth. What happened was that the IRS tried to deny a not for profit identification and did an improper investigation on a fringe political party because of their loose organization.

Fraud on the part of the IRS does not make a political party a protected class nor was there any hate speech there so I am not sure why you even brought that up in this conversation.

Homophobic? LOL. So vegetarians that think there shouldn't be meat eaters are also meat-eater phobic? Lol, you make me laugh. A political party in the government. You have no idea what a protected class is, do you? For the last time, a protected class is someone who can't be targeted hence the political party example.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by pauladonis(m): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
tell the thing that wrote this to go get a life.

3 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Homophobic? LOL. So vegetarians that think there shouldn't be meat eaters are also meat-eater phobic? Lol, you make me laugh. A political party in the government. You have no idea what a protected class is, do you? For the last time, a protected class is someone who can't be targeted hence the political party example.

Jeez dude, you are prone to outlandish examples.Now we've left your uncoot homophobic example and now moved onto meat eaters?? What's next moon walkers? Try to stay on course.

A political party is not the government. A government is an entity staffed by civil servants some of whom are regular employees and some are elected from various political parties. Try to follow along.

Even using your loose and frankly elementary definition, no political party is a protected class. Perhaps you'll submit some sort of proof.

PS: Are you going to be a gentleman and apologize for accusing me of calling Ann Coulters opinion a hate speech?
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:10am On Jul 01, 2014
CityNG:

Jeez dude, you are prone to outlandish examples.Now we've left your uncoot homophobic example and now moved onto meat eaters?? What's next moon walkers? Try to stay on course.

A political party is not the government. A government is an entity staffed by civil servants some of whom are regular employees and some are elected from various political parties. Try to follow along.

Even using your loose and frankly elementary definition, no political party is a protected class. Perhaps you'll submit some sort of proof.

PS: Are you going to be a gentleman and apologize for accusing me of calling Ann Coulters opinion a hate speech?

Omg, have you heard of using EXAMPLES to prove a point. You called me homophobic and I asked would vegetarians be accused of phobia because they speak against eating meat? A political party is IN the government I did not say it is. And people in the party are protected class because THEY CAN"T BE TARGETED.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Omg, have you heard of using EXAMPLES to prove a point. You called me homophobic and I asked would vegetarians be accused of phobia because they speak against eating meat? A political party is IN the government I did not say it is. And people in the party are protected class because THEY CAN"T BE TARGETED.

You have a serious comprehension problem.

I never called you homophobic, I merely questioned your use of that analogy. The truth is I don't care one way or the other if you are or not.

Not everyone in government is in a political party. How much cleare can that be that this is yet another faulty analogy.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:00am On Jul 02, 2014
CityNG:

You have a serious comprehension problem.

I never called you homophobic, I merely questioned your use of that analogy. The truth is I don't care one way or the other if you are or not.

Not everyone in government is in a political party. How much cleare can that be that this is yet another faulty analogy.

I have a problem comprehending? LOL. and yes you did call me homophobic. Also I didn't say everyone in government is in a political party, I said political parties are in government. There is a different. You call it faulty cause you can't understand.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 02, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

I have a problem comprehending? LOL. 1) and yes you did call me homophobic. Also I didn't say everyone in government is in a political party, I said political parties are in government. There is a different. You call it faulty cause you can't understand.

1) If you don't prove it with a direct quote in your next posting then you're a big fat liar.

2) Here's what you said "So telling government that looting is wrong is also hate speech abi, they are a protected class." Even this comment is also false. Not everyone in government is in a party.

3) I can it faulty because it's faulty. I don't mince words and I have a better command of the english language than you as already evidenced on this thread. I call things the way I see them and without emotion.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:50am On Jul 02, 2014
CityNG:

1) If you don't prove it with a direct quote in your next posting then you're a big fat liar.

2) Here's what you said "So telling government that looting is wrong is also hate speech abi, they are a protected class." Even this comment is also false. Not everyone in government is in a party.

3) I can it faulty because it's faulty. I don't mince words and I have a better command of the english language than you as already evidenced on this thread. I call things the way I see them and without emotion.

1. "You on the other hand with your homophobic example that you used is hate speech".

2. Where did I say everyone in government is in a party. I said political parties are IN the government and the government is in a way a protected class, if a government official comes to eat and you say he can't because he is government official, that is discrimination. The public don't consider the government or a political party a protected class because the belief is that the people are in need of protection and not the government.
3. It is not faulty, you just can't comprehend. You have a better command of the english language and so we should all bow before your greatness. You don't call things the way they are. There is a difference in opinion and hate speech, you obviously can't see the difference when you call the lady's word hate speech.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 02, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

1. "You on the other hand with your homophobic example that you used is hate speech".

2. Where did I say everyone in government is in a party. I said political parties are IN the government and the government is in a way a protected class, if a government official comes to eat and you say he can't because he is government official, that is discrimination. The public don't consider the government or a political party a protected class because the belief is that the people are in need of protection and not the government.
3. It is not faulty, you just can't comprehend. You have a better command of the english language and so we should all bow before your greatness. You don't call things the way they are. There is a difference in opinion and hate speech, you obviously can't see the difference when you call the lady's word hate speech.

1) Using a homophobic example doesn't mean that you're homophobic. If I say that you're bothering on "dementia", a medical term, doesn't mean that I'm a Doctor. It really is that simple dude. Now that we settled that, I could care less if you're homophobic or not, I was just curious why of all examples that you could use why use that one?

2) Nope you never inserted the qualifier "IN" (this is a new ploy to shore up your sliding loss) and even if you did, not everyone in government is from a political party.

3) It is faulty and I comprehend very well. You on the other hand has an elementary understanding of English composition while using proper English words. I have never called the person speech hate, perhaps you can stop lying and quote where I said that. I bet you can't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha Visits The Super Eagles Ahead Of Cote D'ivoire Clash / Pictures From The Asisat Oshaoala Football 4 Girls Seminar Held Today. / Sports Minister, Dare, Orders NFF To Sack Rohr Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.