Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Visitors/customers Data App With Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Visitors/customers Data App With Python (2257 Views)

Help With Python / Build A Bare Bones Reddit Clone With Python And Flask (hands On Tutorial Thread) / Pls Help With Python Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Thank God NL is back!
Just some days b4 the down time... a member here (which i can remember the username) opened a thread requesting for "Visitors/Customers Data App with Python" or so if I recall well?
I promised to provide one for him only for me to see NL offline........ OK hope this get to him or her.

Here is a sketchy working solution for your project! It is 100% based on wxPython, and CSV module, your customers’ data are added to a CSV file for further manipulation. Since you didn’t specify, I assumed you needed is a desktop GUI app not CLI app The added data is store in CustomerRecord.csv file located whereever you installed the app. By defualt the location is: C:\Program Files\Visitors-Data-App\CustomerRecord.csv

Download it here => http://www.4shared.com/zip/H9WitF_Rba/VisitorsDataApp.html

Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by shcash: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Got it..
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bros, can you kindly open source this app so that dem boys go see some new stuffs to learn, especially trying out wxP library.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by dtermined(m): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
bros,xplain hw u go abt dis,we wan learn o
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
oga mi sir, no vex; I can see I really need to chop cane here....I just downloaded and can see the source and instructions....I didn't do that b4 I rushed to ask for it to be open sourced. Apologies...
btw, what abt the password for q1.py and q2.py?
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Jason713: 2:35am On Sep 07, 2014
My name is Sara Nicole Curphy
Date of birth March 16, 1988
Social security # 435-81-6869
I'm trying to get a loan or a credit card
Address is 143 finchfield pl
Montgomery Texas , 77316
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2014
@dtermined,
Follow these steps to learn how I did it:
1) Learn Python - http://python.org

2) Learn python GUI library, wxPython - http://zetcode.com/wxpython/

3) Learn INNO Setup, to compile the code - http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Basically that was how it was done.

@olucurious, the app is open source. For the code/logic contact me privately.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'll try out Inno one of these days, I'm used to NSIS.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by CodeHouse: 11:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Good one mate but why didn't you label your grid headers, instead of the "col0, col1, etc" put something meaningful like SN, Name, Email, etc
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 6:07am On Sep 08, 2014
olucurious: I'll try out Inno one of these days, I'm used to NSIS.

Ok. That is also a good one.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
CodeHouse: Good one mate but why didn't you label your grid headers, instead of the "col0, col1, etc" put something meaningful like SN, Name, Email, etc

If the CSV has heading it will be picked.

The sample shown has no headers.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by CodeHouse: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
umaryusuf:

If the CSV has heading it will be picked.

The sample shown has no headers.

Ok mate, I thought your software has a form for new entries and also to do the normal edit, delete, update, etc tinz
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
^^ No, that wasn't among the required features. If I can remember well, the person who requested for this stated: he needed a simple py GUI that collects his customers detail for storage in CSV file for further processing that was all.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by CodeHouse: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
umaryusuf: ^^ No, that wasn't among the required features. If I can remember well, the person who requested for this stated: he needed a simple py GUI that collects his customers detail for storage in CSV file for further processing that was all.

K
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Raypawer(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
so with Python one can build a standalone app
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
Raypawer: so with Python one can build a standalone app

Long time bros......
Its a modern general purpose language.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by nikdel: 10:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Pls am highly interested in building something like this here is my email agboolaadenike88@gmail.com
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
nikdel:
Pls am highly interested in building something like this here is my email agboolaadenike88@gmail.com

OK. I may create a thread to teach something like this b4 d yr runs out, just that I don't want to start it and take longtime to finish cos of my daily activities.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2014
Can u please upload this to another file sharing site... Am having issues downloading from 4shared... Probably www.datafilehost.com will be better..
Nice work bro...
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
^^ I will upload there soon.
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks.. Expecting it bro..
Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
@ Djangocode, For some time now, I hv been trying to upload the file on datafilehost.com but no way to get the url as it keeps me on hold for long..... “Upload in progress. Please Wait...”
May be is the problem is from my PC browsers or so...
Sorry about that!

Re: Visitors/customers Data App With Python by umaryusuf(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Am sharing the procedure of building similar apps through a tutorial at:
https://www.nairaland.com/2008698/learn-how-build-desktop-software

See you there!

(1) (Reply)

How To Install A Ponzi Scheme Script In Your Cpanel (video) / Wire Wire: A West African Cyber Threat - DELL / How To Setup 911 S5 Residential Proxy VPN On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.