Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil (7674 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com / Season To Make It Big In Poultry Farming Is Here / Poultry Farming Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
When people stop eating,then agribusiness go into extinction and who no like him belle.
Without food no man can survive for long.

Population is expected to double in few years time.
How did you think this people will feed themselves if not you producing it for them.

And Thats your way to prosperity.

Do Agric....Create Enormous wealth
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
I dont want to join issues with anybody o this matter. I started cassava farmiing over a decade from Osun state,moved to Oyo state and finally settled down in Ogun state close to Idi Iroko
The labour are from benin republic....very cheap, tell me if you have any machine that can harvest cassava form the bush? Do you have your own truck for transportation? how many tons of cassava you get from an hectare of land even with improved varieties? dont let me go further. you can check my web to see what am doing at the moment. Farming is the key but dont let us exaggerate figures,let's be practical as young farmer.
www.bigprojectdreamf.com
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
bigproject: I dont want to join issues with anybody o this matter. I started cassava farmiing over a decade from Osun state,moved to Oyo state and finally settled down in Ogun state close to Idi Iroko
The labour are from benin republic....very cheap, tell me if you have any machine that can harvest cassava form the bush? Do you have your own truck for transportation? how many tons of cassava you get from an hectare of land even with improved varieties? dont let me go further. you can check my web to see what am doing at the moment. Farming is the key but dont let us exaggerate figures,let's be practical as young farmer.
www.bigprojectdreamf.com
The purpose of this thread is not to argue but to educate ourselves on the latest trends in the industry and also to gain more experience.
My point is this: Trends are changing faster and you dont have to continue with what you are doing decades thats not making money for you.
Learn new things and start making money in this business.
Making use of new varieties,having cheap labours,does not guarantee that you will make money;what about your management skills and other business skills you need to have?
Although making use of improved variety might be part of it.

Agriculture is a business and not a hobby.

In the last 11 months,i have made money in their 7 digits through cassava alone.How can you make such if you are still selling to the road side market women and local processors.
Thats why i have been able to advise and convince large number of people to venture into the business, because i have made a lot of money from it.
Although i have about half a decade in this business,I can still prove it to you that having decades of experience does not guarantee making lot of money in this business,its a matter of your business skills and knowledge.
Results speak louder than arguments.
By Gods grace,i have been able to get results.

I Always learn from people who generate better result than i do,to know how they are doing it and follow suite.

I believe this is the best way we can learn,grow the industry and create wealth.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
The only way you can maximize profit in cassava is processing Shikenna.
I plant cassava that I used for my Pigs so dont tell me whaat I know.I am managing hydrolysed cassava starch and garri company for a friend so i am not a novice. A lot still has to be done for farmers growing cassava for them to maximize profit.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
bigproject: The only way you can maximize profit in cassava is processing Shikenna.
I plant cassava that I used for my Pigs so dont tell me whaat I know.I am managing hydrolysed cassava starch and garri company for a friend so i am not a novice. A lot still has to be done for farmers growing cassava for them to maximize profit.
Its a known fact that the only way to make more money is by adding value.
Ok.Can u please tell me what help needed by cassava farmer to maximize profit.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
All things being equal
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2014
Good morning people.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by soladel(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
I just have 3 questions for you
1. Are you a farmer? (with pictorial proofs)
2. Have you.being into any farming business before.
3. Can you give us the right and the correct survey and research?

....Awaiting your response sir.
I am just having time to reply you, i am farmer, not only a farmer, i have been involving in cassava farming in nigeria for the past 10 years, over the time i have cultivated not less than 2000 ha fully mechanization from land preparation to harvesting even marketing.
So discussing this is not trying to insult but try to send the right information to people out side there that has interest in farming.
Also i am cassava value chain expert iita. I dont need to show you any pictures.
If you want to know me google my name of check fb. adeleke olusola abiola.
Regards.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pl am in interested do you have what app ?
boluwajokosegun: for drying raw agriculture produce the machine
that can dry 4 to 5 tons using charcoal of just
N200, it does not use direct heat ...N360k
it can dry vegetables, tubers, Plantain, fish,
chicken, Grasscuter, maize, etc
Call Gbenga: 08136650972
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Share )

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Am in interested do you have what app?
soladel:
I am just having time to reply you, i am farmer, not only a farmer, i have been involving in cassava farming in nigeria for the past 10 years, over the time i have cultivated not less than 2000 ha fully mechanization from land preparation to harvesting even marketing.
So discussing this is not trying to insult but try to send the right information to people out side there that has interest in farming.
Also i am cassava value chain expert iita. I dont need to show you any pictures.
Regards.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nicur: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2014
good day people, Thank God that i found this thread, please i want to start a cassava processing plant, i need prices of Grating machine, Sieving machine, Peeling machine, please help
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by boluwajokosegun: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2014
for drying raw agriculture produce the machine

Call Gbenga: 08136650972 & WhatsApp:08182355047
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:51am On Sep 27, 2014
Nicur: good day people, Thank God that i found this thread, please i want to start a cassava processing plant, i need prices of Grating machine, Sieving machine, Peeling machine, please help
kindly check nairaland.com/1806976/processing-agroproducts-fastlane-making-millions/1 to see the prices of the machineries.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:08am On Sep 27, 2014
soladel:
Regards.
Checking through your write-ups does not show you are a practicing farmer.

Not trying to insult as well but also letting people know that as an experience agro-preneur that the cost of production of cassava varies from location to location.

As a practicing farmer and as you have claim to be (an IITA value chain expert),you should be able to know that cost of production varies from location to location.

And because my cost of production is not the same with yours does not mean isn't correct or because your cassava project is not profitable does not mean that cassava farming is not lucrative.

My advice is that you alway ask questions or clarify when you don't know about a thing before you comment on posts,Not only on this thread but also on other threads.
Regards.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by nathop: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
House,i have 20hectre of land for cassava planting pls, i nid useful advice.thanks
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
nathop: House,i have 20hectre of land for cassava planting pls, i nid useful advice.thanks
Where is the farmland located? and advice on what? planting? weeding?marketing? or what?
Please be specific.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
nathop: House,i have 20hectre of land for cassava planting pls, i nid useful advice.thanks
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
for drying raw agriculture produce the machine

Call Gbenga: 08136650972 & WhatsApp:08182355047
great.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2014
From my experience in Cassava production.

One of my friend once said "I want to invest in cassava because i will not have to go to the farm everyweek to monitor it"
He actually cultivated over 10 hectares and at the end of the day made a total loss.

LESSON
If you don't have enough time to monitor your cassava production, employ the service of a professional with experience to manage it well for you.

...to.be continue.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
WEALTHY people are humble and quiet,RICH
people are Loud,POOR people are Flashy.
hmmm...what a good observation.

I want to be humble and quiet.

What about you?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Simcha: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
In the past,Nigeria has relied so much on oil
that other sectors of.the economy have either
been abandoned or little attention are being
pay to them;agricultural sectors which remain
one of the abandoned sector.
In the 70's and 80's,agriculture is the main
drive of the economy generating hundred of
thousands of jobs for its people but in this
new millenium,opposite is the case.
For the first time in the history of
Nigeria,government are now paying attention
to the agriculture especially the cassava as a
crop. This is because Nigeria is the largest
producer of cassava and also the economic
impact cassava can make for the country and
the populace.
Thanks to the administration of President
Goodluck Jonathan even though even though i
am not a supporter of any political party.
The believe is that proper partnership with the
private sector will surely steer the ship of this
government new-found-love to a glorious
destination.
I hope this short article can also encourage
young unemployed graduates and investors to
venture into cassava farming to help them
create wealth and jobs for the people of this
country.
Our cassava farm management programme is
ongoing and with the few hectares of land
remaining,we are open to people that wants to
earn a living and create wealth for themselves
and their family.
We set up farms,manage farmland for busy
executives.
We also are involve in processing and
marketing of agric products.
Email yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for more info.
Our cassava management programme is as
follows:

STAGE 1
Land lease - #5,000/Hectare
1st ploughing - #7,000
2nd ploughing - #7,000
10 Months improved TME419 Cassava stems
#9,000
Planting - #8,000

STAGE 2
1st weeding - #9,000
2litres of N.P.K @1800/litre #3,600

STAGE 3
2nd weeding - #9,000
2litres of urea @#1,500/litre #3,000

STAGE 4
3rd weeding - #9,000
Harvesting - #5,000
Management fee - #40,000
Total cost # 114,600
Target yield = 25tons
1ton =#15,000 - #20,000
Income = #15,000 * 25= #375,000
Profit =#375,000 - #114,600
= #260,400 within 10months
For more info email:yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
how much is the cost of setting up an hectare of cassava farm now? Can you make a new break down of the cost?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by bukaeno1: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
fertile farm land for sale at ibadan/iseyin road @ 60k per acre for more details contact 07015627762 total acreage available is 400 with survey . Our company offers free agricultural consultancy service after you procure the land
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Simcha:
how much is the cost of setting up an hectare of cassava farm now? Can you make a new break down of the cost?
Yes,kimdly send me your email
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Simcha: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=Lesgupnigeria post=48944080]
Yes,kimdly send me your em
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2016
Got it
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Arvinkris(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2016
want to invest in 1 hectare of cassava farm. Wats d cost n can i get a trusted farm manage recommended by u. or do u manage? N at wat cost? Need u reply. Thanks remain blessed.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Arvinkris:
want to invest in 1 hectare of cassava farm. Wats d cost n can i get a trusted farm manage recommended by u. or do u manage? N at wat cost? Need u reply. Thanks remain blessed.
You can call on 08164628081(whatsapp),08092034147 to talk
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2016
Let's join hand to take agribusiness to a new level

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Mustack: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2016
Can cassave be planted during the dry season with the help of irrigation?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mustack:
Can cassave be planted during the dry season with the help of irrigation?
Yes,it can.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Mustack: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Yes,it can.
Alright thanks
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2016
Mustack:

Alright thanks
You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. / Extruder (Floating feed ) & Other Feeds Processing Machines in 2022 / Giant Red Pawpaw(up To 6kg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.