Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / . (4122 Views)

Nairaland Saga Between A Father And His Son / Bibi, Vicki, Richi. (campus Living Saga) / I Need Journals On Ozidi Saga By JP Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2014

Re: . by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
So i never believed in magic, ghost or anything supernatural. I use to live a perfectly normal life, i didn’t think it was possible for anything else to exist until the day i met her; the non- human! But before i say anything about her let me go back to the very beginning where it all started from.

“Sadiq, marmee is calling you” Asma’u his little sister who was barely nine years old called. She was his only sister, his only sibling. She was actually adopted eight years ago when Sadiq mother; Mrs. Animashaun payed a visit to their hometown. It was not mysterious or strange anymore to find a basket of baby in front of your doorstep, moreover it was better than those who dumped their baby in a refuge dump or even worse. At first sight his mother fell in love with her, one couldn’t blame her because she had no girl of her own. After seeking permission from her husband, she finally adopted her and named her Asma’u.

“Here i am mom” Sadiq announced as he slumped on a chair beside her. She dropped the vanguard newspaper and took off her glasses. Just then Asma’u ran in and jumped on a chair, mindless of them while paying attention to the TV.

“Baby i want to talk to your brother alone, could you give us some minutes please” their mom asked but quite sure that Asma’u was going to protest.

Which she did.

“But marmee its 3 o’clock” Asma’u announced.

“And what happens by 3?” their mom asked curiously.

“Sponge bob square pant” Sadiq and Asma’u chorused.

Many at times Sadiq have been forced to sit and watch the cartoon because Asma’u despise watching cartoon alone. She would rather not watch it at all than watch it alone. To her, the characters in the television might come out and drag her into the television! So she needs someone who would protect her when they come out. It was funny and ridiculous but each time she needed to watch TV she would call out for Sadiq dramatically;

“My hero, my hero please come on now, the cartoon is about to begin”.

Once, he tried to convince her that it was impossible for the characters in the television to come out and she asked; “Haven’t you watched the movie “fat Albert”?”

“Okay you can sit and watch but don’t eavesdrop okay?” their mom said while Asma’u nodded.

“Sadiq, i have good news for you” Mrs. Animashaun smiled while clamping her hands. Sadiq knew that whenever his mom said she had good news for someone it was always her good news because things had gone the way she planned for that person.

“What’s the good news mom?” he asked sluggishly, ready to take in the bullet that might hurt him.

“Well”, she said. “Your father called someone and they’ve gotten a spot for you to get admission into the ivy league university in north”

“But mom…!” he cried as though the bullet had finally hit his chest.

“Wait, I know you are going to protest. I know you’ve always wanted to go to the Ivy League university in west, but let’s face it, you didn’t meet their requirement”

“North was always your choice not mine! Even dad wanted me to go to west” he argued respectfully.

“When your dad comes back from the embassy ask him what changed his mind. North or west or east it’s all the same. The four ivy league universities in west and the two in north and the one in east are all the same. The only difference is the culture.”

“Exactly mom, the culture!” he said angrily.

“If you are bothered about the culture then don’t be because we have some family friends there. They will make you feel at home.”

“So you and dad have already finalized on the issue. So i have no say in the matter?” Sadiq said with a tone of defeat. His destiny has been decided, he thought.

”But you do dear, that’s why i am informing you now.” She assured him, trying to calm him down. But he didn’t really have any say in the matter anymore. It was a done and sealed deal.

“No i don’t!” he replied. Feeling disappointed and defeated, he stood up from where he had been sitting and disappeared into his room.

“Why doesn’t he want to go to north?” Asma’u asked her mother some minutes later.

“I thought i told you not to eavesdrop baby” her mom said.

“Oh mom! I couldn’t help it. You were whispering so low which meant you were saying something very important and he was shouting so loud that i was forced to listen unintentionally. Please forgive me mom” she blurted out so fast and pleaded with her two large blue eyes conquering her mother.

“Scoot over here baby” Mrs. Animashaun said rubbing her on her head.

Later that evening their father came back and Sadiq got to know that it was a joint decision made by both of them and not just his mother.

“It’s just two weeks Sadiq. After writing the exam you can come back immediately. But make sure you do justice to the exam” his father; Mr. Animashaun advised. An unusual smile hung on Sadiq’s face, he was either planning a mischief or planning something that would set him free.

“Hope you will come before the festive day? The festive period would be boring without you, and i can’t stand spending it alone with dad and mom and granny” Asma’u asked Sadiq while they all laughed at her.

“We aren’t that boring, are we?” their dad asked, flinging his arm around his wife.

“Oh! That you are.” Sadiq added.

“All you two do is work, work and work and read those boring newspaper. Even your ipad keep displaying latest news update. It’s going to be boring without Sadiq” Asma’u sighed like a grown up young lady and dropped her head down sadly.

Her parents were amazed, they found it funny but couldn’t dare laugh inorder not to hurt her feelings.

”Don’t worry baby, he will spend the festive period with us. He will be gone for just two weeks and be back first week of december” Mrs. Animashaun assured her.

“That’s fine by me” Asma’u announced. All Sadiq could do was smile. A second later the sound of the door bell interrupted the little family union.

“Its uncle Idris”, announced Sadiq.

Uncle Idris was Sadiq’s father younger brother. Just like in every family where you have an uncle who was funny and different from the rest of the adults, Idris was that uncle. Since Sadiq didn’t have a brother to talk to about stuffs, he found that brother in Uncle Idris. Though sometimes he gave him advice which an adult would normally advice against, not because he wanted to lead Sadiq to the wrong path but because he believed in living free.

“Come here my little angel” Uncle Idris threw his arms apart as he welcomed Asma’u into them and hugged her.

“So my little brother decides to finally visit us” said Mr. Animashaun.

“I would have been paying more frequent visits if not for your wife’s unending preaching” said uncle Idris, giving Mrs. Animashaun a funny look.

“It’s a service i am obliged to perform and which i will never stop to perform” jumped in Mrs. Animashaun in a humorous tone.

“And so help you God” added uncle Idris, placing his palm on his chest to indicate his pledge, while they all laughed.

“I see you’ve not changed” Mr. Animashaun jumped in.

“No…never. I am better this way, but i see a lot have changed here. I can perceive it in the air” sniffing his nose like a lost dog. Asma’u found it funny and couldn’t resist pulling his nose with her little finger.

“Yes a lot have changed. Your nephew is traveling next tomorrow to write an exam which might get him into one of the best university in the country” revealed Mrs. Animashaun gladly.

“Next tomorrow! Nobody told me it was that soon” exclaimed surprised Sadiq.

“That is good indeed little nephew. Congratulation in advance” remarked uncle Idris, shaking Sadiq and pulling him to himself, “come on now, we have a lot to talk about”, he said, pulling Sadiq along with him to Sadiq’s room.

“Oh no! Hope you are not trying to feed him with one of those your bad advice?” asked the worried mom in a rather unworried tone.

“No marmee. I am a changed man now” said uncle Idris in his most gentlemanly tone.

“Changed man? Some minutes ago you said never to change” continued Mrs. Animashaun.

“I guess that’s why they said follow the king first statement” uncle Idris laughed mischievously as he disappeared into Sadiq’s room, evading the chair pillow Mrs. Animashaun threw at him in the process

Uncle Idris jumped on the bed and grabbed Sadiq’s phone, thinking Sadiq would be protective of his gadget.

“A lot is changing for you, but you on the other hand haven’t changed”, said uncle Idris, browsing through Sadiq’s phone.

“How do you mean?” requested puzzled Sadiq.

“Here” he said displaying Sadiq’s phone screen to him.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
“Here” he said displaying Sadiq’s phone screen to him.

“What happened to it” Sadiq enquired

“I jumped for your phone and you didn’t seem to care. Then i thought, well maybe it’s locked. I touched the screen and it’s totally open.” explained uncle Idris.

“Uncle Idris i don’t understand what you are trying to say” laughed Sadiq as though uncle Idris was a kid blabbing nonsense statement.

“You have no secret” shouted uncle Idris, “Because you have no secret to hide, no girlfriend who sends you love messages, you don’t lock your phone. I can’t envisage the kind of lifestyle you live, you are almost like your parents” complained uncle Idris.

It was just a matter of time before uncle Idris got into Sadiq’s head.

And he did.

For a minute Sadiq was stunned. Uncle Idris is right, he thought. His whole life flashed before him. Was he really going to end up like his parents? His boring parents! Or was he going to be even more boring than them! Uncle Idris was right about one thing; he didn’t have any secret to hide. He didn’t even know how it felt like to have a secret! But uncle Idris was wrong about one thing,

“I do have a girl friend” said Sadiq, pointing to the window of the house directly facing his room window.

Yeah right.

“Oh please Sadiq! You mean your next door neighbor; Vanessa, who you’ve had a crush on since high school yet you never told her, you are just too shy, timid, afraid and naïve to tell her” insinuated uncle Idris to the stunned Sadiq. “No offence meant. I am just stating the obvious” added uncle Idris.

“None taken” muttered Sadiq. He knew there was an element of truth in what his uncle was saying, even though he was abit harsh and inconsiderate.

There was an element indeed and another element uncle Idris failed to mention was inferiority complex.

“Give me a call when you grow up, okay?” was Uncle Idris farewell as he left after they chatted for almost two hours.

………
That night Sadiq laid on his bed, his curtains were up, yet the room was dark. A moment later a bright light, probably a car’s light flashed into his room. He made for his window and it was his next door neighbor who just came in ; the ever beautiful extraordinaire Vanessa Walter.

At least thats what the bloggers call her.

They were friends, he had a crush on her but never told her.

It happens to everyone at some point in life…a crush. But i think Sadiq’s own is getting way too foolish….since high school for God sake!

She had told him that she liked his company, she didn’t say she liked him. He couldn’t risk telling her how he felt and lose her forever. Once those three letter words are said, it changes everything. Not only those three words could make him lose her, him traveling to north would totally alienate him from her life.

And that’s one of the reason he doesn’t want to go to north, apart from the culture thing.

They had both promised to get admitted into the same university here in West. Just then he realized he was going to lose her. All of a sudden he felt pale and a sudden heartache raided him. He laid on his bed with his eyes open.

Sadiq never really had much friends, he was much of a loner, but not by choice. It is a thing of surprise that he is actually Vanessa's best friend. Both of them have never spoken even considering the fact that they were neighbors, until during junior prom in high school. Vanessa had walked up to this nerd and asked him to prom. The only reason she asked him to prom was because she was trying to evade going out with some guy and Sadiq was the only guy she knew didn’t have a date and who haven’t made a move on her. Obviously she told him the reason and he didn’t mind the charade as long as he was seen with one of the most popular girl in school.

The first few minutes were awkward, and they kept talking about school, about teachers then about the weather! Until Vanessa thought boredom could kill.

They said alcohol is one thing that can loosen you up and make you express yourself more, well they are wrong…After the awkward moments, they opened up, Sadiq started talking witty with her, they both laughed and enjoyed the rest of the night as if they were long time friends and since then they became friends …best friends.

“Should i tell her tomorrow? Should i tell her that i love her?” he asked himself.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
“Should i tell her tomorrow? Should i tell her that i love her?” he asked himself.

Apart from the fact that he wasn’t confident enough to tell her how he felt, he was also afraid of the commitment of a relationship. Being in a relationship carries a lot of load. First you call yourself early in the morning, send sweet text messages then call back in the afternoon and probably in the evening and finally at night!

I call that sweet slavery.

“I think you should tell her” a low voice suggested.

“What!” Sadiq exclaimed. He put on a lamp and there was Asma’u standing by the door.

“How long have you been here?” he asked.

“Forty seconds ago, i think” she smiled, and then added, “You forgot to tell me bed-time stories”.

“I am sorry i had a lot on my mind” he apologized.

“By a lot do you mean just one girl; Vanessa" she mocked.

“How do you know so much?” amazed Sadiq asked his little sister.

“It’s my job to do. I think you should tell her. Not that i know what that ‘love’ feels like, but i think you should tell her anyway. The other day she came over, she carried me and told me you are a good friend of hers. I think that is love” narrated Asma’u.

“That is friendship, okay? Now if you don’t mind can i begin the story?” said Sadiq, feeling more disappointed that all Vanessa saw in him was just a friend.

“No please. I think i want to sleep now. My eyes are heavy.” replied little Asma’u.

“Alright” said Sadiq as he carried her to her bedroom.

His cell phone started ringing some minutes later after he came back into his room. He checked and it was Vanessa calling. He strained his eyes at the clock hung above his bed and it was past ten.

“Hello” his voice sounded rough, he cleared his throat.

“Were you sleeping?” she asked.

“No, i just put Asma’u to bed” he replied, trying to sound cool.

“Awww…how is she, the sweet little drama princess?” asked Vanessa

“She’s just being Asma’u, you know” said Sadiq while they both laughed.

“God! i had an hectic day” sighed Vanessa

“I can imagine” replied Sadiq sarcastically.

One could only imagine the kind of hectic day Vanessa had.

Sadiq could.

She probably went for shopping then stopped by the spa for hours and finally came back home. She was taking after her mother who was a top Nollywood actress.

“What’s that slow pace music playing in your room? Wait let me guess…uhnnn…’I miss you by Cold play’ right?” guessed Vaneesa.

“Yes” admitted Sadiq.

“Interesting choice of music. Who are you missing? Or have you got a girl that i don’t know about” said Vanessa

“YES” replied Sadiq instantly.

Yes!?

“Oh my God! And you didn’t tell me. When did this happen?” asked Vanessa curiously with interest.

Sadiq giggled at the other side of the line feeling mischievous and having an invigorating feeling of how it felt to have a secret, “I found her a long time ago. You do know her” he replied more mysteriously.

There. So he is pretending to have a secret because uncle Idris had said he had none. Let’s see how long he can keep up with it.

“I know her?” scratches her head. “Give me a name then”.

“Nah i cant do that” replied Sadiq, enjoying himself and deciding that having a secret was awesome.

“Okay, fair enough. Just tell me one thing, is she more beautiful than me? Not that I am jealous of her snatching my best friend” asked Vanessa. They were best friends indeed, atleast that’s what Vanessa think, but Sadiq wanted to be more than just a friend.

Sadiq couldn’t get it, was she actually jealous? Does she love him, should he tell her that she is the one? She was hard to read, possibly because she had a good poker face.

Or maybe he is the one who can’t read a person well.

“I can’t tell you that either” was Sadiq only answer, and added immediately, “but i have something else to tell you”.

“What!?” her tone sounding abit angry for Sadiq refusal to divulge his business to her, which was completely uncharacteristic of him.

“I am traveling next tomorrow, to north” revealed Sadiq. Sadiq already knew what Vanessa's reaction was going to be, but he didn’t think she was going to scream so loud that he had to take the phone away from his ear.

“Wait a minute…first you tell me you’ve found a girl then now you tell me you are traveling to North! Who are you?” asked Vanessa as though she didn’t know who or what Sadiq had become. So this is what it felt like to have a secret, thought Sadiq as he laughed tiredlessly.

“Come over” insisted Vanessa.

“You mean like right now?” Sadiq asked, glancing at his clock one more time.

“Yes! Just climb the tree and come over” ordered Vanessa.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
What do you guys think about the story?
Re: . by Lorlaahlozz: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
following...kingphilip come oo
Re: . by Osgee(m): 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
following

1 Like

Re: . by Osgee(m): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nice piece here, waitin for next part

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
“Come over” insisted Vanessa.

“You mean like right now?” Sadiq asked, glancing at his clock one more time.

“Yes! Just climb the tree and come over” ordered Vanessa.

There was a tree in-between their windows. That was Sadiq escape route out of the house, or sometimes straight into Vanessa's room.

Sadiq just had to climb out of his window, hold a tree branch and take four careful steps or sometimes reckless adventurous steps while holding onto several other branches before landing into Vanessa's room. As soon as he landed in her room, he was welcomed by several hit of manuscript on his head.

“Stupid….stupid boy, come on spill everything out.” insisted Vanessa as she pummeled Sadiq jokingly.

”Okay……okay” laughed Sadiq defending himself, “is this how you intend to fight a burglar when one drops into you room?”, he mocked.

“Come on, i am listening” said Vanessa with a wide listening ear.

“Well” began Sadiq as he walked round her big room, inspecting everything as if it was his first time in the brightly colored pink room, “apparently my parents felt that i have stayed at home for too long and decided to ship me off to North to pursue my degree program there” narrated Sadiq dissatisfiedly.

He certainly has stayed at home for too long. High school life ended last year.

“You are kidding!” exclaimed the stunned Vanessa.

“I wish i was” returned Sadiq, inspecting her to see her reaction. She felt disappointed for sure and that was what Sadiq wanted to see, so he did be sure that she would miss him same way he would miss her. But he wasn’t satisfied with that, he expected more……probably to see her shed a tear or two! But Vanessa was a strong girl. You would never catch her crying especially for something as trivial as this.

“And you are fine with it?” she asked

“Not that i have a choice” he paused for a minute, contemplating on whether to tell her his plan to give his admission spot to someone else or just fail intentionally so he can come back to be with her. “I guess things don’t always go the way we plan; we plan ours while our parents plan theirs, our parents plan theirs while God plans His” added Sadiq with a smile on his lips.

“That’s a deep thought. Well i wish you the best” she said, crossing her legs as she sat on her bed. Sadiq got hold of her blackberry Q10. It was locked, but he knew her password.

“P-E-A-R-L” he said out her password as he typed it.

“I think i would have to change my password” muttered Vanessa, looking up at Sadiq.

“Why would you do such a thing? Anyway i think you should remove the password altogether” recommended Sadiq

“You wouldn’t understand why anyone would want to lock their phone because you have nothing to hide” said Vanessa

“Not you too! Uncle Idris said something like that today. He said i have no secret” Sadiq said.

Vanessa sniggered and lowered her head inorder to hide the expression on her face.

“You think he is right don’t you?” asked Sadiq, feeling abit hurt.

“So uncle Idris came today? Did he ask of me?” she asked tactfully trying to evade his question.

“Answer me or i will be very…very pissed with you” he replied, ignoring her question.

“Okay, you want an answer right? Well, he is right to an extent.” admitted Vanessa. She paused to think for a moment then added thoughtfully, “So you claimed you’ve hooked up with someone, to be candid, i don’t believe you.”

“Why don’t you…?” he asked.

“Apart from the fact that i don’t see any new name in your phonebook contact or on your bbm nor any new facebook friend from the supposed girl you found, apart from these facts, i think it will take a miracle before you get yourself someone, and why? Because you suffer from inferiority complex” allegated Vanessa handling with Sadiq’s phone.

Thank you Vanessa. Atleast someone finally said the truth. I knew Sadiq suffered from inferiority complex.

“No i don’t” Sadiq defended, but he knew he did.

“Yes you do. Remember that time i tried to hook you up with one of my girlfriend and you chickened out. And the funny thing is that she was so into you. I mean who won’t, you are good looking, handsome, though sometimes you can be odd. But still you are most girls dream guy, but you don’t seem to think so” Vanessa criticized, complimented and insinuated.

If i rightly recall, the friend of Vanessa that was so into Sadiq was not that into Sadiq during the time he was almost invincible to the whole school, that is, the time Vanessa had not spoken to him. But after Vanessa started hanging around him, he became visible all of a sudden. As they say; it’s who you know!

Vanessa might have been right in a way and Sadiq was carried away by her compliment…she said he was most girls dream guy. Does that include her? Is she trying to give him a clue, a clue that she want him too? thought Sadiq.

“You are not saying anything” said Vanessa, smacking him on his head.

“I was thinking” said Sadiq. He was thinking indeed. He was thinking of telling her the three letter words.

Be careful Sadiq, don’t say i didn’t warn you. Once those magic words are said everything is going to change…puff!

Vanessa heard footsteps approaching;

“Come on go out immediately, i think my dad is coming to check on me” jumped in Vanessa before Sadiq could have the chance to say I love you.

“We need to talk tomorrow” Sadiq rushed the words as Vanessa hurried him out of her room.

“Okay… okay” were Vanessa’s words, mindful of her father who might walk in anytime.

“Goodnight” Sadiq managed to say, taking one final look before dashing off through the window.

………
Re: . by missuniverse(f): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2014
i was here

gud morning y'all
Re: . by Lorlaahlozz: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
Me likey..this...Happy sunday 2 u viewers.......u pple should drop ur comments na
Re: . by kingphilip(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: following...kingphilip come oo
i de come sweerie pie
oya stand up come sit down for my lap
Re: . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
“Sadiq do get me a big pink teddy from shoprite” requested Asma’u when Sadiq was getting ready to go shopping for his trip.

“I don’t know if i can” replied Sadiq hurriedly as he pushed his wallet into his back pocket.

“Oooooh please. Please…please…please” begged Asma’u sporadically. Sadiq paused to pay attention to her and all he saw was an innocent large blue eyes and small lips begging him.

“How can i ever say no” obliged Sadiq as Asma’u raced happily to inform her mom. Asma’u knew she had some power, the power to get whatever she wants and she never dithered to use it.

Sadiq didn’t have much to buy, he already had everything he wanted, and moreover he didn’t plan to stay there for more than a week.

His plan was to shop at shoprite. It was one of the best departmental store around but in an attempt to enjoy himself before traveling he decided silverbird galleria was the best spot for that.

It was the best spot for anyone who wanted to take a break from the ever busy city, and the beach which was at close proximity to the galleria made it the more better choice. There were guys, mostly in white shorts and polo, most of whom had the mo-hawk hairstyle which did them justice and the beads on their wrist didn’t go unnoticed either. The ladies were as classy as always, and their appearance suggested that they were from the upper class in d society. Some white people were scattered around too, but the Asians were more and seemed to be having a lot of fun and felt right at home.

Sadiq was already in the galleria. After shopping, he bought a ticket and grabbed a pop-corn along with other teenagers to see the latest movie. On his way out of the galleria after seeing smurfs 2, he sighted a familiar figure. She had a chocolate skin, 5ft tall, ponytail hair style and had the legs of a model. There was no way he was not going to recognize her, even though she had a mask on.

“I see you are having another hectic day” he said to the model sarcastically.

“Oh my god! What are you doing here?” asked Vanessa as she turned around to face Sadiq.

He took a glance behind her to observe the guy she was chatting with, “Shopping” he replied, “And you?”

“My friend here took me out to see a movie” she responded pointing to the guy Sadiq was observing.

“Are you guys like dating or what?” asked Sadiq jealously.

Vanessa coughed loudly hoping her friend didn’t hear what Sadiq just said. She pulled him to one side;

“Why did you scream that out loud?” enquired Vanessa.

“I didn’t know i was that loud. Forgive me” apologized Sadiq. But he wasn’t sorry.

“Alright. And no we are not dating, he just bought a ticket for us to see a movie. That’s all” she responded to Sadiq’s satisfaction.

“I have something to tell you” said Sadiq.

So this was it! He was ready to say the mighty three letter words to her. It was almost as though he was about to sign his death warrant!

Someone is about to change his status from best friend forever to boy friend forever or for never!

Vanessa's friend was waiting impatiently, glancing back and forth and fidgeting with his phone till he decided to interrupt Vanessa and Sadiq.

“I love you!” the words raced from Sadiq’s lips into Vanessa's ear. She was not the only hearer, her friend who had approached them heard. Vanessa was standing motionlessly and speechless.…

While Sadiq was standing like a slowpoke expecting a reply which didn’t seem to be on the menu!

“Who is this guy” Vanessa friend asked her. She didn’t reply him. Well she couldn’t, how could she when she hadn’t replied Sadiq. But what was she going to say? How was she going to say it?

There they were, standing face to face in the middle of strangers who were making their way in an out of the galleria. It was as though they’ve both become those strangers…

Thanks to the magical spell of the mighty three letter words. Someone needs to shoot a love arrow into Lola’s heart. Where is cupid when we need him or her or is it an it? Well whatever.

So what happened next? Vanessa didn’t respond and Sadiq felt totally embarrassed and left her standing there, stunned!
Re: . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks kingphilip
Lorlaahlozz

and miss universe for dropping by.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
That evening Sadiq got back home in a bad mood, which was expected of him. After giving Asma’u the teddy he bought for her and some chocolates he thought she would like, he isolated himself in his room. His mother had taken notice of his bad mood and as always went to do her motherly work.

“I know how it feels” said Mrs. Animashaun. Sadiq was shocked. How did mom find out! thought Sadiq.

“I know sometimes it is heartbreaking but you have to be strong” continued his mother.

That was it, she knows. But who must have told her? thought Sadiq. But what was the use of thinking about how she found out when he could just ask her.

“Who told you?” he asked bluntly.

“No one told me” she began, and Sadiq was confused, “when i was your age, i also had to travel to a distant state to school and left my friends and siblings behind. It was heartbreaking but i soon got used to it and even loved the change of environment”

By this time Sadiq felt relieved and could have managed a smile.

“I will be fine mom. I think the change of environment will do me some good” he replied feeling glad that his mom was clueless of his little love debacle. He finally figured that the change of environment was what he needed.

This little moment of clarity came to him after Vanessa had embarrassed him. Hmmm…what if Vanessa had said ‘I love you’ back? I guess we will never know, or maybe she will still utter the words. Maybe.

Now he didn’t mind spending up to two weeks there in North; the place he once didn’t want to go. And moreover one item on his bucket list which was still pending was to have an avalanche of adventure after grad from high school. He may as well start the adventure from North.

There is a saying that when your house is on fire, literally, you should run! That’s what our dear poor Sadiq have in mind.

“Fine, because i have something important to tell you” said his mother in a serious tone.

“Okay, i am listening” he replied and tossed his ringing phone away after glancing at the screen and seeing the name of the person who had embarrassed him.

“Won’t you answer that?” his mother asked

“No. It’s not important” he replied.

Really! Not important? What if she wants to say back the three letter words….PICK UP STUPID!

“Your father is suppose to be here to assist me in divulging this to you” his mother began.

His father's work was very demanding, and sometimes he had to make some sacrifices, sacrifices which involved getting an unexpected call to travel for important business trips. He was a rich business man. Actually a billionaire; that’s if you count all the properties he own around the globe. Inspite of his riches he still work extremely hard like a poor man and one would begin to wonder if he was really rich or not.

But one person that is doing very fine financially too is his wife; Mrs. Animashaun. She is also a business woman and travels frequently to Dubai, Italy, Paris and China.

So what was the important news she wanted to tell him which she needed the presence of Mr. Animashaun?

It was an important news indeed. And it goes way back to when Sadiq was given birth to. Sadiq was given birth to in a village situated in kwara state. During that time it was mandatory for every traditional ruler to check what his child was going to become, whether the child would bring favor to the kingdom or destruction.

The village seer was summoned to perform this task as always. He was an aged man dressed in rags and leafs. Sadiq’s father compound was filled up that morning as villagers rushed in to see what future awaited this new born creature. The seer sat down on his mat and began his incantations. Usually it took him several minutes to see the child’s future, but on this day he sat for hours and the nosy villagers got tired eventually, some dispersed while few who were neighbors stayed behind.

Finally the seer smiled…he frowned abit and then an horrorful expression hung on his face. He repeated the incantation and gesticulations that seemed to have worked and the expressions on his face were the same three expressions he had exhibited earlier…a smile…a frown…and a horrorful look. When he was quite sure that he had seen Sadiq’s future he proclaimed;

“This one is a hard one to read but i have read him”.

“What did you see, seer?” Sadiq’s father asked.

Chewing his kolanut the seer replied,

“I saw three things. This child here….” He said, pointing to the little baby Sadiq who was on his mother’s arm. “I saw three things happen to him, one made me smile while the remaining two made me cry for him!”

At this point Sadiq’s mother was alarmed and his father was at the edge of his chair demanding the seer to speak and stop speaking in parables or whatever he was speaking in.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
“I saw three things. This child here….” He said, pointing to the little baby Sadiq who was on his mother’s arm. “I saw three things happen to him, one made me smile while the remaining two made me cry for him!”

At this point Sadiq’s mother was alarmed and his father was at the edge of his chair demanding the seer to speak and stop speaking in parables or whatever he was speaking in.

“I smiled because i saw him become very wealthy and successful and all was at his feet. But i frowned because you two were no longer his parents, he disowned this family, he left you for another family” he said. By this time the neighbors were murmuring.

“And worse i saw something catastrophic happen to him, and it was all blank after that. And usually when we see dark, we seers attribute it to ‘death’!” concluded the seer.

An uproar erupted, Sadiq’s mother was devastated and her husband drove the crowd out of his compound. Some were still peeping through the open spaces inbetween the bamboo fence, trying to eavesdrop to what the seer was telling the unfortunate parents.

“Let’s go inside” Mr. Animashaun ordered the seer.

It was a long day and the advice the seer gave them was that they were going to start seeing signs soon, and when they do, they should do what they think is best.

The first sign appeared when Sadiq was still a toddler. There was an Hausa family that stayed directly opposite their house, they were also good friends of the family. Mrs. Animashaun noticed that Sadiq always crawled to this neighbor’s house all the time. And one day Sadiq called the woman ‘mama’.

The moment Sadiq mom told her husband, he told her to pack up, and they left for the city; Lagos. Years later when Sadiq’s mom visited her village, she was informed that her neighbors left the village as well, almost as soon as they left. That was the same time she found Asma’u at her door step.

A little strange isn’t it? Or not!

“Do you hate us? Have you ever thought of running away from us?” his mother asked him after she had finished her narration.

“No i don’t hate you, and i will never leave you, ever!” cried Sadiq, hugging his mother inorder to hide the tears that had formed in his eyes.

He had thought the shoe had dropped when Vanessa failed to reply him, but now the shoe really has fallen! Imagine being told how your life will end even before it started. Just as his mother exited his room, an object hit his window. He got closer to the window and there was Vanessa staring from her room. Her phone was by her ear and a second later Sadiq’s phone started ringing. Picking the call he remained silent.

“Hey” she said.

He remained silent.

“Atleast say something” she said, forgetting that she was the one who should say something.

“I don’t have anything to say. What about you, have you?” he asked.

Vanessa remained silent for some seconds, “No i don’t” she replied.

“Good night Vanessa" and Sadiq ended the call. They stared at each other for a minute and drew down their curtains almost at the same time. That moment they realized that everything was never going to be the same again.

I am not a seer or anything, but i knew this was going to happen. And you guys are my witness; i did try to warn Sadiq not to say those words. A little lesson for you kids. Good night kids and enjoy the nightmares.

…….
Re: . by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Please guyz ur opinion would be appreciated.
Re: . by Timothy3113(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2014
Fantasywrita: Please guyz ur opinion would be appreciated.
i dont know how to criticise a story but, kudos to you. Just dey update everytime
Re: . by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Timothy3113: i dont know how to criticise a story but, kudos to you. Just dey update everytime

Thanks bro. I'll do just that.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
“Here, i picked this out for you personally” Asma’u said the next morning, giving the little blue journal to Sadiq. “You could pen down all the interesting things about north so i can read it”

Sadiq’s flight was early that morning. His father had called to wish him a safe flight and apologized for not being around. It didn’t matter to Sadiq, all he wanted to do was flee away from this environment for two weeks or better still a week, and come back rejuvenated. He tried as much as possible not to think about Vanessa but he couldn’t help peeping through the window blind in his room to see if she was doing the same.

But she wasn’t.

“Come soon” Asma’u whispered to Sadiq after they had gotten to Murtala Muhammed airport.

“I will. I promise” he hugged her, walked to the departure line and soon disappeared.

He might be happy to escape to North now but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will be happy when he gets there!

Pack your bags kids…we are taking a trip to Kano! Bon voyage!

Sadiq had a thick hood on. He had googled Kano and read that it was very cold by this time of the year. Actually it was sometimes extremely hot with dust during the day and really cold during the night and early morning.

Well let’s officially welcome Sadiq to Kano and hope he enjoys the harsh harmattan.

He hitched his backpack up on his shoulder as he walked through the arrival section and dialed the number his mom had given him.

“Good morning Anty. Sadiq on the line”

“Good morning Sadiq. Are you at the airport?”

“Yes ma.”

“That’s great. My son; Kazim is waiting for you at the arrival section”.

Anty was Sadiq’s mother friend. They attended the same university at Zaria and had been friends ever since then. Each time Mrs. Animashaun visited Kano for anything it was at Anty’s place she would lodge. Anty had visited Lagos on two occasions and Sadiq knew her.

Sadiq finally sighted a young man about his age, probably two to three years older displaying a placard with the name ‘SADIQ’.

“Hi. i am Sadiq” he said to the young man who should probably be Anty’s son.

The young man lowered the placard and shooked hands with Sadiq, “I am Kazim. And you are Sadiq from Lagos right?”

“Yes.” Replied Sadiq.

“Welcome. How was your flight? And where are your luggages?” Kazim looked around.

“I have none. I have everything i need in my backpack. I am just going to be here for two weeks” assured Sadiq.

Kazim offered to carry his backpack for him as they made for the car but Sadiq declined. “Just two weeks! You must really loathe north?”

Sadiq didn’t know if he should confess right in front of him that he despises north. But anyway he was surprisingly impressed with Kazim’s fluent english. And he thought who ever said the northerners weren’t good in english haven’t met Kazim.

“Not that i do. There is someone i left behind” he confessed but vaguely.

“Oh so there is a girl?” asked Kazim, reversing the car.

“Something like that” was Sadiq’s vague reply. He pulled out the journal Asma’u had given him and penned some things down. Kazim was kind of cool, Sadiq thought. But Sadiq was not in the right mood to chat away. He took his time to observe the environment and it was as he had imagined it. It seemed ancient. There were kids running about, some other kids were on rags and carried plates like beggars.

I think they are called al-majiris.

Truth be said, it was not as developed as Lagos.

At least there is Kilichi and Suya. Yummy!

Kazim did a lot of turning and bursting out of different roads till he finally stopped by a one storey building with an uncompleted balcony as the roof top of the house. There were beautiful flowers inbetween the paved walk-way. There was no gate and there was no space between the house and the house next to it. Most of the houses were like that except a few.

“Here we are” said Kazim as they highlighted from the car. Sadiq had forgotten about the harsh weather until he opened the car door and was greeted by a sandy-breeze. It was like the desert!

Well maybe a little exaggerated.

Sadiq felt nervous as they walked down the walk-way. This was his first time of ever leaving home.

Except boarding school.

The very first time he had butterflies flying in his stomach was in high school when Vanessa first spoke to him. As they passed the walk-way and walked past the little passage that led to the compound Sadiq boosted up his confidence and decided if he wanted to go back to Lagos rejuvenated he had to man up.
Re: . by Timothy3113(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
Wel done
Re: . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
“This is your room. My sisters cleaned it up” Kazim opening the guest room door and holding his head up high as if glad that his sisters did a great work.

There was a small parlour with five soft cushions, a bedroom and a clean tiled bathroom.

“Smells like home” Sadiq complimented slumping on a chair.

“It certainly is” smiled Kazim. “What would you like to take?”

“Thanks i am okay. Where is everyone?” asked Sadiq.

“Anty went to a convenience store and my siblings went to school and dad is at work” explained Kazim.

“That explains why the house is so quiet” observed Sadiq

“Just wait till everyone is back home then you wouldn’t believe this was the quiet house you met this morning” commented Kazim. “So why Bayero university?”

“My parent’s choice” replied Sadiq in a conspicuous manner that revealed his despise for the choice.

“You know it’s not that bad here. Bayero University has a good repute.” Kazim had gotten the message that Sadiq wasn’t that happy to leave home. “You know what they say about Paris being the country of love, well this northern part of the country has abit of that charm.”

Says who?

Sadiq had a good laugh and almost rolled on the floor. “Well we’ll see. But i fear that i won’t be able to find out because i am just going to be here for two weeks.” Sadiq reminded him.

Kazim’s face was lowered as he browsed through Sadiq’s phone and sent some APPS to his phone through flash share. Sadiq had the feeling that Kazim was abit offended and decided he would quit announcing about the two weeks. “Do you have any idea when the exam is?” asked Sadiq, trying to sound neutral.

“Next week Monday. But we still have to go down to campus to confirm. Just to be sure, so you won’t miss the exam”

He had no idea that Sadiq would be extremely happy to miss the exam.

“Okay. That’s fine” replied Sadiq. He was already calculating when he would travel back home. Since the exam was seven days from now; that's next week monday, he could get on the next flight immediately after the exam or just postpone it till the next day just to avoid being ungrateful to Anty and her family.

“You have a phone call” announced Kazim.

“Who’s the caller? Might be my mom, i haven’t called her to inform her that i have arrived safely”.

“No. Vanessa" Kazim informed him and almost immediately Sadiq withdrew his hand.

“Let it ring.” Said Sadiq. He was trying to avoid her by all means, atleast for the next few weeks till he traveled back home. Kazim conveniently continued what he was doing after the phone had stopped ringing.

“So what do you people do around here?” Sadiq asked in an attempt to stop Kazim from asking him why he didn’t pick up the call. He didn’t want to start telling him about how he told Vanessa that he loved her and she never replied.

“Not much. The guys just do their thing, you know, make fool of ourselves in front of the girls and all” said Kazim and laughed at the idea as if he thought it was totally absurd. Sadiq smiled too and thought if only Kazim knew how he had fooled himself in front of Vanessa and her friend.

“Our ethnicity might be different but our mentality is the same” said Sadiq.

“I take it you’ve fooled yourself too?” Kazim raised his eyebrow to observe Sadiq.

“Me! No…never!” lied Sadiq.

“You say it as if it is a bad thing. Anyway when you meet that one person you really like, you would go far in fooling yourself and you won’t even care. Don’t worry it will happen.”

“Maybe” muttered Sadiq.

“There’s an activity that goes on here every month. Horse racing.” Remembered Kazim.

“That’s awesome. I’d like to attend it”

“Hopefully you will” replied Kazim then added “Now you have a new message”

“Must be my mom. What does it says?”

Kazim made a face as he read the message;

“I don’t know what to say to you now,
just like i didn’t know what to
say to you the day you told
me that you loved me.
I didn’t want to hurt you
that day by saying…………” Sadiq grabbed his phone before Kazim could finish reading the message. There was a smile on Kazim’s lips as he said “It seems you did fool yourself”

Who haven’t? I know i have.

Sadiq ignored Kazim and read the message from beginning;

“I don’t know what to say to you now,
just like i didn’t know what to
say to you the day you told
me that you loved me.
I didn’t want to hurt you
that day by saying i don’t love you.
And i didn’t want to give you
the wrong impression by saying i do.
I like you so much,
more than you know, but that’s all.
Moreover our lifestyle is totally different.
Please find it in your heart to forgive me
and i do hope we can be friends again.
Your BF forever Vanessasmiley.” The message ended.

While she was at it, she should have sent a post card and a hot pie too!
Re: . by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
Timothy3113: Wel done

tnxx
Re: . by Osgee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
nice 1. Bt i bliv u can do better wit d punctuation marks. Nice story, gud plot
Re: . by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
Osgee: nice 1. Bt i bliv u can do better wit d punctuation marks. Nice story, gud plot

Thanks would see what I can do about that.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
While she was at it, she should have sent a post card and a hot pie too!

It was the longest text message he had ever received.
‘I like you so much but that’s all! Our lifestyle is different!’ kept ringing in his head. He already knew that she liked him as a friend but he was doubtful whether she loved him or not, but the fact that she mentioned it now tore into his heart.

And truth be told, their lifestyle was different. She was the red carpet girl, a model, going to every event in town, seen with celebrities, and was friends with several celebrities. And him? Totally nothing like her….

But does it matter? Do they have to live the same lifestyle for them to be compactable or together?

“Sadiq!” Anty exclaimed as she hugged him. “How was your flight?”

“It was smooth, like i didn’t even leave home” smiled Sadiq.

“How nice. How are your parents and little Asma’u, she must be all grown up now?” asked Anty.

“My parents are great and Asma’u is a big girl now. I think i have a picture of her here” he said, showing her a picture of him and Asma’u that he used as his phone wallpaper.

“Look at her!” screamed Anty. Kazim shrugged at the startled Sadiq. “She is a big girl now and so cute too”

“Yes she is” commented Sadiq, staring at the picture along with Kazim and Anty.

His phone rang and cut off the little union that was formed for Asma’u.

“It’s my mom” said Sadiq. “Hello mom”.

“Sadiq! Why haven’t you contacted us to tell us if you’ve landed safely? Asma’u have been worried and urging me to call you but your number wasn’t reachable” Mrs. Animashaun queried.

“I am sorry mom. I am in Anty’s house now. Here she is” he said, giving Anty his phone.

As soon as he gave her the phone, Anty switched to her native language which Mrs. Animashaun could speak fluently but Sadiq couldn’t.

“Come let me show you around, they aren’t going to end their conversation for another one hour” Kazim said with a little air of sarcasm. He was right and Sadiq knew as well.

The street was a little busy than earlier; there were little children racing home back from school.

“I have a friend i want you to meet” Kazim said, walking like a giant through the crowd of little children.

“Ok” said Sadiq.

“Hello Kazim. Humaira tena gidan?” a faint girl’s voice asked from behind in their native language.

They both turned and there was a very beautiful fair girl holding the hand of a little girl that was on uniform.

Sadiq thought she was extremely beautiful. I can see it in his eyes, i think he is drooping!

She was wearing a purple gown and a black veil that almost hid her face.

“No, she isn’t back from school yet” replied Kazim. She smiled courteously and increased her footstep.

“I know, she is bleau” said Kazim in a fluent French accent before Sadiq could say anything. “It’s her brother i wanted you to meet”

“By bleau you mean ‘beautiful’?” Sadiq asked.

“Oui!” replied Kazim. He was literate in French and so was Sadiq.

“What’s her name” enquired Sadiq.

“Zeenat.” He informed Sadiq, glanced at him and added. “If i were you i won’t be thinking of what you are thinking right now”

“What!” exclaimed Sadiq. “How do you know what i am thinking and why shouldn’t i think it?”

“One; anyone who have eyes would think like that and two; she is totally out of your league, like way out of yours” sniggered Kazim.

“Out of my league!? You don’t even know me, how can you say that!” he said feeling offended but knew Kazim was right.

I know you guys want my opinion. The thing is that i know everything; i am like google, wikipedia and an encyclopedia. Okay i am kidding, but i know things because i hear things and see things and i have seen this Zeenat and she is definitely something. I could say she is out of Sadiq’s league but then isn’t Vanessa ‘the extraordinaire’ Sadiq’s best friend or ex-best friend? If he can make Vanessa his bff i believe Zeenat won’t pose a problem, unless maybe Zeenat is the real extraordinaire le bleau.

“My apologies please. I didn’t mean it that way” Kazim said.

“You don’t have to apologize. Anyway what did she say to you?” asked Sadiq.

“She was asking if my sister was at home. They are friends.” replied Kazim, stopping by a white duplex which Zeenat had entered.

“Oh, okay. Your sister’s name is Humaira?” asked Sadiq.

“Yap. Do you always ask this much questions” joked Kazim.

Sadiq laughed, “Not really. Just in this occasion”

Kazim had sent a little boy in to call his friend and the little boy came back saying he wasn’t at home. Sadiq asked him why they didn’t enter the house and Kazim explained to him how it was not allowed for strange men or males to enter the house of married people unless maybe ordered to.

And all Sadiq had to do was fly out of his window and straight into Vanessa’s room. Well not in this town!

They headed back home, just two houses away. Opposite their house was a light blue painted duplex, exiting it was a white girl. She had long blonde hair and a pretty face. There was a black Chrysler waiting outside her gate, she hopped in and the car drove out of sight.

“Was that a white girl i just saw or was my eyes deceiving me?” said Sadiq.

“Your eyes weren’t deceiving you. Her name is Janelle. Rumour has it that her father is an ambassador, but nobody really know for sure because she doesn’t talk to anyone around here. They moved here seven months again or so” narrated Kazim.

“This must be a nice neighborhood for them to reside here” commented Sadiq.

“A great one indeed. There are some Chinese families living down that end. We call that place China town, just for fun” he said pointing down the street.

Anty was through with the phone-call by the time they arrived. Kazim gave Sadiq a little privacy to settle down and Sadiq used the opportunity to take a long...long nap.

…….
Re: . by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 05, 2014
At Eko Atlantic city of Lagos where the upper class people resided, a young damsel with a brown eye shade on and a skimpy black skirt with a white spaghetti top hops into a taxi and drops at surulere where the ever busy crowd of people moved about like flying bees struggling for surviver. Surulere means patience is a virtue, but i assure you nobody is patient in surulere.

“I thought you were kidding when you said you were on your way” Jessica said to Vanessa, who took off her eye shade. Jessica and Vanessa aren't really friends; they were just in the same clique in high school. They had a lot in common except that Vanessa's parents were way richer than Jessica’s, but they hanged together nonetheless.

To be sincere they envied eachother but Jessica just needs Vanessa so she can remain popular and be able to attend those red carpets event which Vanessa had unlimited access to. And Vanessa needs Jessica because Jessica is the only one that can supply her with the white substance! You didn’t hear this from me….

“So you were saying over the phone that he isn’t replying your calls and messages.” began Jessica.

“Yes. And i am really worried. I don’t know if everything is alright with him” replied Vanessa in an almost sad and motherly tone.

“Believe me he is alright. He is probably having fun while you are here suffocating yourself.” suggested Jessica then added mischievously. “I met this weird guy and he gave me some strong stuff. I think you should try it out; you must try it”

“I don’t know” said Vanessa hesitatedly as if it was her first time. “I really want to be sober” she said, unwrapping the paper and taking a light sniff, then a deep stiff.

“How do you feel now?” she asked with a folded arm while resting her back on the chair like an observer.

Vanessa stood up with a lot of energy, spread her arms and rotated like a kid playing under the rain;

“It’s been a long time since i had this. I feel like the world is one small place where i can fly around.” She paused and stared at Jessica, and one could tell that an idea bulb had lit above her head. “Do you think i should fly to Kano?”

“No girl. You are not a bird, you can’t fly” she said, dragging the almost unconscious Vanessa to the chair.

“I am not high; i know what i am saying. I can book a flight, go and come back and my parents won’t even have the slightest clue” said Vanessa ambitiously.

“And how would you locate him? It’s not like you’ve ever been there before.” enquired Jessica, even though she didn’t really support the idea.

Vanessa thought for a minute. “I can ask Mrs. Animashaun for the address” she nodded as if she had created a perfect plan.

“What if she asks you what you need it for?” happy to bring in more obstacles.

“She won’t ask” replied Vanessa confidently.

“But what if she does. Let’s just assume that she does.” Jessica insistently.

“With the way you sound i am beginning to think that you are her. Well if she does then i will tell her that i want to send him a post card or something” she smiled. “There! Problem solved. Now, no more insinuations from you”

I thought post card have become obsolete!

“You don’t have to do this, you know. You two are just friends, its not like you are dating or anything” said the pissed Jessica.

“That’s if he even sees me as a friend anymore. And for your information some friendships are better than some relationships” as she said it she reflected abit.

The friendship between her and Sadiq was really special. Sadiq always had her back and she always had his. If Sadiq were to have been around she won’t have sniffed the white substance Jessica offered her.

Imagine Sadiq had been gone for just some hours and she had totally broken her promise to stay away from drugs and alcohol. What will happen in the next few weeks that he is going to be away?

She has a drug problem and the only person that have been motivating her and giving her the strength to stay sober was Sadiq.

Her parents are unaware of her struggle .Oh terrible! So rich but so less informed.

“I have heard that statement before, i can’t remember from where” muttered Jessica.

“What statement?” asked Vanessa.

“’Some friendships are better than some relationships’” repeated Jessica.

“Sadiq. Sadiq said it.” replied Vanessa in an almost absent-minded manner. “That's it!" said Vanessa. “He said that last year about two of us, maybe all i have to do now is remind him and all will be the same again and i won’t have to travel anymore”

With a small thumps-up Jessica said, “Best idea. I am in support of this plan”

She got hold of her blackberry, pressed speed-dial 2 and Jessica dragged the phone from her and ended the call before it rang.

“What are you doing?” asked the surprised Vanessa.“I thought you were in support of the plan”

“Yes i am. But you can’t call him in this condition. Call him when you’ve sobered up.” she suggested.

“Good point. I will call him when i get home” replied Vanessa with a lazy thumps-up.
Re: . by Timothy3113(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Hmm some friendship are betterr than some relationship, it is like that but guys dnt want that. I remember when am still in high school. There is these lady that am very (too) close with. We read together,sleep 2geda( her palor nt d same bed) eat 2geda. We dnt keep secrets from each other, we are so close that her parents and my friends think we are dating. Just like hw sadiq uncle advised him a friend also advise me to take her to a next level. I express my thout to her, it was then i learnt she has a boyfriend. Then become a friend with benefit. Am emotionally depressed for month. But now i dnt make freinds with ladies again. They like to use we gentle guys to share there emotions and keep going up, while the social ones for fun.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Timothy3113: Hmm some friendship are betterr than some relationship, it is like that but guys dnt want that. I remember when am still in high school. There is these lady that am very (too) close with. We read together,sleep 2geda( her palor nt d same bed) eat 2geda. We dnt keep secrets from each other, we are so close that her parents and my friends think we are dating. Just like hw sadiq uncle advised him a friend also advise me to take her to a next level. I express my thout to her, it was then i learnt she has a boyfriend. Then become a friend with benefit. Am emotionally depressed for month. But now i dnt make freinds with ladies again. They like to use we gentle guys to share there emotions and keep going up, while the social ones for fun.

its just as if my story is about u smiley And I so agree with you.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
It was nearly six o’clock when Vanessa got back home. Home became boring all of a sudden and everything felt and looked old. The setting sun that gave the cloud a reddish color made things worst. It was as if she was in another planet where no one knew her, and she started blaming the sun, the lock on the door that refused to open until she drew the door to herself, even her little pet dog that she adored so much annoyed her.

How can the absence of one person bring so much isolation and misery?

Standing by her window and staring at Sadiq's closed window,she pressed speed-dial 2 and this time it rang without Jessica to interrupt. It rang the first time without an answer; she consoled herself by imaging that he might not be close to the phone. She dialed his number again and again and again before she finally decided to send him a message.

Sadiq was still sleeping. He had not heard his phone ring. The little nap had turned into a deep sleep. As his lazy eyes dragged opened, he moved back in sudden shock on sighting two little light-skinned kids staring at him.

“Mama...mama...mama” the kids wailed as they flung their hands in the air and raced out of Sadiq’s room frightened as well.

There is one weird thing about evening sleep; when you wake up from it, you feel as if it’s the next morning or as if its late at night when actually its just 5pm or 6pm! I have a feeling that it doesn’t happen to only me.

“God! Is it morning yet?” yawned Sadiq, turning and stretching while observing the environment. “I am famished” he muttered to himself.

There were five missed calls in his phone and one new message. Four of the missed calls were from Vanessa while the remaining one was from his dad.

"oh my God! dad called" he exclaimed while dialing his father's number. It rang several times without an answer and he gave up. He checked the other missed call. He was about calling her when he changed his mind to read the text message first.

"Do you remember vividly last year
when you told Jessica and i that
the friendship between you and i
was greater than some relationship?
Why cant we remain on that ship of
friendship?" the message ended.

Vanessa was right,Sadiq had said that but only to see if Vanessa was going to step up the friendship a notch but obviously that wasnt happening. Sadiq was distraught. He didnt want to give up on her, he didnt! And it crossed his mind that the guy he saw her with at the galleria must be who she was seeing. No wonder she wanted to change her phone password.

"I must go back immediately, moreover it is so boring here" he said to himself then replied Vanessa's text with the most annoying and shortest word ever.

"Will you eat your dinner now or after praying?" asked Anty.

"After praying" responded Sadiq.

By the time he was out of the convenience room, a tray of aromatic food was awaiting him. His stomach was suffering and crying while the aroma was killing him, after much contemplation, he pounced on the food and savaged it before praying.

Well they said you can eat before praying to avoid distraction.

Kazim had come to inform him that his father; Alhaji Najib wanted to see him. The only thing Sadiq knew about Kazim's father was that he was a good businessman.

Leaving his room to see Alhaji Najib, Sadiq decided to drop the tray in the kitchen. On closing his door, the door to mama's room opened and a girl wearing a black gown and native scarf came out. Sadiq had paused as she made to collect the tray and flask from him. He wanted to say "hi" and probably introduce himself but he couldnt; he was speechless.

One cant blame him. She had these beautiful kind of eyes, the type that shakespaeare himself won’t have the adequate words to describe. But in a simple word her eyes were charming, and not the ordinary cliche charming.

"Let me help you with that" she said.

"Uh!?" replied Sadiq and before he knew it the flask had landed on the floor and was probably broken.

She giggled as Sadiq squatted to pick it up while saying; " I am sorry" repeatedly.

"Its okay" she said after collecting the tray from him then added briefly, "I am Humaira".

"Sadiq...i am Sadiq" he replied. She nodded with a smile and walked into the kitchen. Hoping that no one had seen the little accident, he sprinted to Kazim's father room
Re: . by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Up in Lagos, Vanessa grabbed her phone to read the new message. She became more anxious to read it after seeing that Sadiq was the sender of the message. She climed her bed, laid down facing the ceiling to read the much anticipated reply.

"Ok." message ends.

"What's this?" she heard herself ask. She exited the message and reopened but that was it.

She didnt get it. Was it a "ok, we can be friends again or a ok, whatever?"

Anyway she decided whatever "ok" he meant she was going to be optimistic and pretend that it was a "ok we can be friends again".

She decided she would give him some space, because she knew usually when Sadiq was angry it takes the world to calm him down, and that 'world' was usually her but now that she was the one he was angry with there was nothing she could do but wait till his anger subsided.

"Vanessa where is my Deola Sagoe gown?!" Vanessa's mom; Mrs Walter voice rang from the corridor. Mrs Walter a nollywood actress prefers being called by her name; Mrs Racheal. You would think that maybe her husband's name didnt worth anything....but it did. Her husband is a multi billionaire industralist and any woman would be lucky to be called Mrs Walter.

So why doesn’t she like being called Mrs Walter? Well i don’t know either, but if you do know be sure to tell me when next you see me.

"Mum here it is" It was right in Mrs Racheal big closet but she wasnt good at finding things.She had almost all Deola Sagoe collections including other prominent Nigeria fashionist/designers like Maufechi and Frank Oshodi.

I heard that Frank Oshodi made an outfit for Dorego when she won the miss universe or whatever it is called. Maybe i will make an order.

And oh, i wont call where Mrs Racheal hangs her clothes a closet because it is as big as some of your bed rooms....know what i mean!

"Look at you dear becoming fat. You are a model. You need to workout those calories. I think you have to go to The Walter's this week to workout" suggested Mrs Racheal zipping up her Deola Sagoe gown.

"But mom i have my plans" cryed Vanessa.

"Young lady i wont repeat myself again!" and her authoritative tone kept Vanessa quiet.

Why is everyone and everything so annoying, Vanessa thought within.

For those who dont know ; 'The Walter's is a big family masion owned by Vanessa's grand dad; Mr Walter's father. And the masion has everything you need, trust me, everything but family love! The maison is located somewhere at Lekki.

"I am going to a red carpet event. Make sure you lock the doors. I will come in with my own keys"

Vanessa was a fan of any colour carpet event. " Can i come with you mum?" like mother like daughter.

They said show me your friends and i will tell you who you are. Well, just show me your parents and i will tell you who you are!

"No dear you have no new designer dress. Moreover i dont want people seeing my only child becoming this fat" she walked away quickly before Vanessa could protest.

When her mother had left, she tryed watching the t.v but it was all static even though it really wasn't. She grabbed her phone to call Sadiq and tell him how bored she was then she remembered she was giving him some space. She scrolled down her contact and intended calling Majid Majid (Mm)

They had both gone to the same high school but he wasnt currently in the country. It was almost as if Mm was travelling around the globe; in Paris today, Germany the next week and so on.

"He has probably left Australia" imagined Vanessa after she had dialled his Australia number and it wasnt reachable. Most times he was the one who usually called her when he arrived in a new country. He would send her pictures and they would skype.

Who knows, maybe he is in Los angeles now.

With no one else relevant to call, she pushed her phone aside and grabbed her Apple tablet. She scrolled down Linda Ikeji's blog and there was no story about her on it.

That's it! She flunged the tablet away, turned off the light and dozed off.

Oh! poor drama queen Vanessa. Enjoy the nightmares.

1 Like

Re: . by chukwueloka: 3:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Sooo much luv fr dx story! Carry on

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Bookworm. / The Two Lovebirds / Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year- Poetry Included-- Voting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.