Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya (900 Views)

Is Killing An Apostate In Islam Law? / Taqiyya And Kitman: The Role Of Deception In Islamic Terrorism / The Sudanese Christian Woman And Her Family In Rome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by true2god: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
For two months now global news had focused on the death sentence handed over a sudanese woman for her leaving Islam for christianity. As we all know, the penalty for apostasy is most Islamic countries (Sudan, saudi arabia, Afghanistan, pakistan etc) is death. However what made the entire news interesting was that the lady in question refused to denounce christianity, rather chosing death over Islam.

Relating this incidence with the Islamic tradition of concealing\hiding faith (al-taqiyya) in the face of death, one would have expected this lady to at least renounce faith (or pretend have renounce her faith) to stay alive, but she refused. This act demonstrated the experience the first century christians had, in the face of persecution and death, and still hold on to faith. While many christian, even today, would rather die for their faith, an average muslim would rather apply the concept of taqiyya to stay alive (especially shia muslims living among the sunni muslims or vice-versa), if put in a similar position.

Is it that most muslims have no confidence in the after-life as promised by the quran, or is it that suicide bombing is more honorable (over 95% of current suicide bombing is traceable to islam) than losing life alone. I need more enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by truthman2012(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
Islam is a religion of peace, saying no will attract death penalty.
Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by usba: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
It seems u only have one source news, the lady in question has long been acquitted by a higher court! Peter practised tarqiyyah when he pretended not to be a christian by denying that he is not a follower of jesus, so what is ur cry about? Nothing! Clearly tarqiyyah is part and parcel of christianity! Peter whom the catholic refer to the first pope practised tarqiyyah to save his neck! Countless christian following Peter's foot step practiced tarqiyyah to save their neck! Let's apply the op's logic to Peter, Peter being an "average" christian applied tarqiyyah because he had doubts in the after life that Jesus preached about! Hope u get the pt! It is pathetic making vacuous statements just feel happy that somehow ur religion founded on an unjust murder would lead u to heaven!

3 Likes

Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by true2god: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
usba: It seems u only have one source news, the lady in question has long been acquitted by a higher court! Peter practised tarqiyyah when he pretended not to be a christian by denying that he is not a follower of jesus, so what is ur cry about? Nothing! Clearly tarqiyyah is part and parcel of christianity! Peter whom the catholic refer to the first pope practised tarqiyyah to save his neck! Countless christian following Peter's foot step practiced tarqiyyah to save their neck! Let's apply the op's logic to Peter, Peter being an "average" christian applied tarqiyyah because he had doubts in the after life that Jesus preached about! Hope u get the pt! It is pathetic making vacuous statements just feel happy that somehow ur religion founded on an unjust murder would lead u to heaven!
Kindly explain how Peter praticed taqiyya and I will give you varios hadiths where taqiyya (holy lies) is sanctioned in Islam.
Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by true2god: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
usba: It seems u only have one source news, the lady in question has long been acquitted by a higher court! Peter practised tarqiyyah when he pretended not to be a christian by denying that he is not a follower of jesus, so what is ur cry about? Nothing! Clearly tarqiyyah is part and parcel of christianity! Peter whom the catholic refer to the first pope practised tarqiyyah to save his neck! Countless christian following Peter's foot step practiced tarqiyyah to save their neck! Let's apply the op's logic to Peter, Peter being an "average" christian applied tarqiyyah because he had doubts in the after life that Jesus preached about! Hope u get the pt! It is pathetic making vacuous statements just feel happy that somehow ur religion founded on an unjust murder would lead u to heaven!
Kindly explain how Peter praticed taqiyya and I will give you varios hadiths where taqiyya (holy lies) is sanctioned in Islam. Fya I am not a catholic, I follow the teachings of Jesus and I believe mohammed in your role model as well.
Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by Rilwayne001: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
true2god: Kindly explain how Peter praticed taqiyya and I will give you varios hadiths where taqiyya (holy lies) is sanctioned in Islam.

mumu...even Jesus practise taqiyya

Just that you guys dont read your buybull extensively..

2 Likes

Re: Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya by usba: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
true2god: Kindly explain how Peter praticed taqiyya and I will give you varios hadiths where taqiyya (holy lies) is sanctioned in Islam. Fya I am not a catholic, I follow the teachings of Jesus and I believe mohammed in your role model as well.

John 18:15-27New King James Version (NKJV)

Peter Denies Jesus
15 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another[a] disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, and went with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest. 16 But Peter stood at the door outside. Then the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to her who kept the door, and brought Peter in. 17 Then the servant girl who kept the door said to Peter, “You are not also one of this Man’s disciples, are you?”

He said, “I am not.”

18 Now the servants and officers who had made a fire of coals stood there, for it was cold, and they warmed themselves. And Peter stood with them and warmed himself.

Peter Denies Twice More
25 Now Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. Therefore they said to him, “You are not also one of His disciples, are you?”

He denied it and said, “I am not!”

26 One of the servants of the high priest, a relative of him whose ear Peter cut off, said, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?” 27 Peter then denied again; and immediately a rooster crowed.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Morally/spiritually Right Or Wrong? / Saudi Man Divorces Bride On Wedding Night After Seeing Her Face / The Quran~in Its Own Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.