Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names (16863 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Nigerian Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by dre11(m): 12:43am On Jun 29, 2014
Names is what is used to identify one with,the nomeclature you carry for the rest of your life.....
Each culture and tribe have different names given to a child born at a particular day, occassion, what they are passing through, the kind of believes they have etc...

So, names plays an important roles in our lifes and its being believe that the type of names parents gives his/her child will definately shape his/her destiny.....

Therefore i ask...... the native names you were named, do you know the meaning. If you know the meaning can u kindly share it here.....

i asked what is the meaning of your native name
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by dre11(m): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2014
The meaning of mine is

the LORD have vindicated me

i say thank you to everybody that drop a post on this thread........ much love from me to youkiss
thanks to the mod for bringing it to frontpage
gracias

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by MizMyColi(f): 1:15am On Jun 29, 2014
If I say my own....everybody will know embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fingard02k(m): 2:20am On Jun 29, 2014
Mine means Difficulty is not for God

Translate it to Igbo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by swot20yahooco(m): 3:46am On Jun 29, 2014
My own name is Akanwo......it means Knock me and I'll fall your hands cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Caseless: 4:11am On Jun 29, 2014
My native Name is given to those "born on wednesday" or , it means 'arab' in hausa.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 6:14am On Jun 29, 2014
Pls who can Interprete this for me?........"Aderonke".....

And btw....No insult Pls
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2014
Osatohanwen meaning God have mercy on me cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by dre11(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2014
STENON: Pls who can Interprete this for me?........"Aderonke".....

And btw....No insult Pls

the meaning should be.....

The crown has found something worth nourishing

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2014
dre11:

the meaning should be.....

The crown has found something worth nourishing
alryt, Tnx so much, Althou I sabi "the crown has...".......bt dnt knw the interpretation for that "Ronke"
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2014
I (have) found a person to pamper/ I have found my second (better) half

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by berienta(f): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2014
Mine is OGHENEREKE and it means Jahs Gift

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by MizMyColi(f): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2014
FP Tins cool
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by AfricanApple(f): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2014
errrmm, my own is i'm happy.

mizmycoli, do i know u?
dre11, nice post
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by MizMyColi(f): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2014
AfricanApple: errrmm, my own is i'm happy.

mizmycoli, do i know u?
dre11, nice post
AfricanApple shocked shocked grin grin Hallos Sweeriee...wait make I go follow you first.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by AfricanApple(f): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2014
MizMyColi: AfricanApple shocked shocked grin grin Hallos Sweeriee...wait make I go follow you first.
*batts eyes* yes oooooooooooo

howdy

but wait o, no derailing, catch u somewhere
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mine..is....sweet to pet
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by kingphilip(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
MizMyColi: If I say my own....everybody will know embarassed
you dont want us to knw?

Mine is Child of God
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
STENON: Pls who can Interprete this for me?........"Aderonke".....

And btw....No insult Pls
d crown has smthn wrth kipn
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
mine is God does tins in his own way

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
Xtarxhyne: d crown has smthn wrth kipn
alryt, Tnx dearie....
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by MizMyColi(f): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
kingphilip:
you dont want us to knw?

Mine is Child of God
Mine is... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
STENON: alryt, Tnx dearie....
uw
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Mine..is....sweet to pet
Odunto
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Odunto
Naaa...far frm it
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
Xtarxhyne: mine is God does tins in his own way
oluwaselonae
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Naaa...far frm it
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: oluwaselonae
Nope
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Nope
oluwasolae
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: oluwasolae
;-D BosewuoluwaniSholae cheesy
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Xtarxhyne: ;-D BosewuoluwaniSholae cheesy
I sha knew it was something sola
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: I sha knew it was something sola
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie / Esan People Are Not Igbo! / BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.