Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter (14971 Views)

A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady / Reasons INDIAN Was Banned From Football By Fifa / Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by adexsimply(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
Dem no get work
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Mutaino7(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
vicchi12: The closing part was "EPIC"... The "shut up" part. How satisfying....! smiley grin cool
walahi!!! As in epic.... D foul mouthed woman will learn dat she aint d only one with a fiery tongue.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by abohrandy: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Chrisx1x: Frm what i just read,it seems there is a difference btw football and soccer,pls sb help me out

bros na d same thing only say Americans call it soccer

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Lenonxx6: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nice one, and why is everyone calling it soccer, it's called Football. Why do we have to change the name because of America. FOOTBALL

4 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
shymexx: Spot on Ann Coulter.

Yanks are mostly ignorant. What do you expect from people who play world series and world championships by themselves? - isn't that lunacy? grin

NBA champions = world champions to yanks.
NFL superbowl champions = world champions to yanks.
MLB champions = world champions to yanks. etc

^^^I still don't know how you can claim "world champions" when all the teams competing are within the same country...psychotic people. So I'm not surprised some of them are mad at football, to be honest.

She's a true American. Yanks are generally ignorant and proud of it.

4 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by poiZon: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Chrisx1x: Frm what i just read,it seems there is a difference btw football and soccer,pls sb help me out

U play football n u kick soccer that s d diffrnce i guess

according to the aRTICLE!

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by poiZon: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
wetin carry me come dis street abeg?
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
Point 6 and 9.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Taiye4Christ(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2014

What Americans call ‘football‘ is actually rugby (american football), which, ironically, is mostly played with the hands.

Soccer is the ‘normal‘ football you know, like the one currently going on at the world cup.
Hope that helped?

4 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ray McBlue:

She's a true American. Yanks are generally ignorant and proud of it.
and define a true American?

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by femi4: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
The Americans call it Soccer cos they have their own type of football where the use of hand is allowed. The sport was named "American football"

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by chucky234(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yanks and their biased mindset sha, nice reponse from Hutchison to that wh.ore called Ann Coulter.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Dhelake: Nice Response, The lady who wrote the first Article was obviously ignorant
She's also very bitter, cynical, divisive and perpetually callous.

I wonder what made her that way. I shudder with pity for her when I read some of her articles.

5 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by richardoz(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
henryobinna: bro why you get opportunity to dey write all these shi.t back to back na because Nairaland never recover fully.
U are right. I wish Nairaland quick recovery!
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by enomakos(m): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
who is she?
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
milehigh06:

Simple. An Individual that is proudly ignorant. An average American wouldn't be able to locate South Africa or Nigeria on the world map even if their lives depend on it.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by henryobinna(m): 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
richardoz: U are right. I wish Nairaland quick recovery!
yep, me too
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2014

Actually what the yanks called football is a much modified game of rugby that was imported to the american continent from England back in the day (19 century).

Soccer is a term the yanks 'borrowed' from the English FA's As'soc'iation to describe the sports you play only with your legs cuz the original term 'football' had already been taken by their own version of rugby.

Here in South Africa, we tend to call it soccer as well for the same reasons more or less. The Springboks (our national Rugby team) are very good and have made the game of Rugby so popular that citizens often refer to it as simply football.

5 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by jakiedudu(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Americans are generaly afraid of anything they don't understand or control.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Andyblaze: I am the god of soccer
Caracta: In your house?
not even his house, for his bedroom, because even his brother sabi football pass am sef.
grin
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ray McBlue: Simple. An Individual that is proudly ignorant. An average American wouldn't be able to locate South Africa or Nigeria on the world map even if their lives depend on it.
how does that information help them tell me? Do you read up the news about Chad or Niger republic?? No, and so the same way the average yanks don't give two about the countries you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
These Americans! Nobody is begging you to watch football. If you don't wanna play...leave it. Btw you guys should call it football not "soccer" you could call your "football" egghand.

3 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Chrisx1x(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ray McBlue:

Actually what the yanks called football is a much modified game of rugby that was imported to the american continent from England back in the day (19 century).

Soccer is a term the yanks 'borrowed' from the English FA's As'soc'iation to describe the sports you play only with your legs cuz the original term 'football' had already been taken by their own version of rugby.

Here in South Africa, we tend to call it soccer as well for the same reasons more or less. The Springboks (our national Rugby team) are very good and have made the game of Rugby so popular that citizens often refer to it as simply football.
tanks for sparing some of ur time and energy to reply.it was really educative

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Chrisx1x(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
femi4: The Americans call it Soccer cos they have their own type of football where the use of hand is allowed. The sport was named "American football"
tanks bro,now i understand
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Oahray: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hahahahaha! Epic reply! For him, for me, for America and the many millions of soccer fans worldwide, put a shut to the up Ann Coulter.

*in Jaqen H'ghar's voice*
A man does not like how they call football 'soccer'. However, man likes what he has read. A man is pleased.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
kobonaire: how does that information help them tell me? Do you read up the news about Chad or Niger republic?? No, and so the same way the average yanks don't give a two about the countries you mentioned.

A survey was conducted in Sweden where A Brit, a Yank, and a Swede were each given a map and told to pin-point the location of State of Philadelphia on the U.S map, the Brit was able to locate and mark the exact spot, the Swede did the same, but the yank had no clue and marked California Instead.

An average Yank has no clue, mate and what's more... they are proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
Chrisx1x: tanks for sparing some of ur time and energy to reply.it was really educative

No worries.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Chrisx1x(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Taiye4Christ:

What Americans call ‘football‘ is actually rugby (american football), which, ironically, is mostly played with the hands.

Soccer is the ‘normal‘ football you know, like the one currently going on at the world cup.
Hope that helped?
yes..it really helped..tanks for taking d stress to reply

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by zurine(f): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
hmm
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by cronsberg: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
I just don't know whats wrong with this americans

The whole world calls it FOOTBALL, americans call it soccer
the whole world calls it trousers, americans calls it pants
the whole world calls it beef, americans calls it steak
the whole world calls it kiligram/centimetre/metre/celcius e.t.c americans calls it pound/inches/feet/fehrinhite

You better get in harmony with the rest of the world: bunch of unrepentant escapee prisoners of the old empire.

3 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by t12tosin: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
milehigh06:

A true American is/are the ones that sees a beautiful chocolate being and call it Black,

OR

That will describe an angel saying it has a White/Reddish skin with a Blue/Green eye lense and a fairy long Blonde/Red/Burnet hair,

That will see a Yellow thing and plant it in your mind that it is Grey

Cappish
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by davidif: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Why are people up in arms about this? Its Ann Coulter's point of view. She can say whatever she wants. I believe its called freedom of speech.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life / Fenerbache Contacts Leicester City For Super Eagles Star, Iheanacho / Basketball: D'Tigress Beats Mali, Qualify For FIBA 2022 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.