Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? (6513 Views)

If Life Came From Random Nonsense, Why Do Atheists Appeal To Logic? / Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days / How To Deal With Eating In The Dream And Others Dream Types (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
Imagine after all thes life struggles;going to school;working round the clock to make ends meet, u finally die and realise you have been asleep but awake now.......what would ur reaction be ?
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by shaggy007(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
kayce911: Imagine after all thes life struggles;going to school;working round the clock to make ends meet, u finally die and realise you have been asleep but awake now.......what would ur reaction be ?

Man, you are a genius! That is exactly what this life is. We are all living in a dream. That's why something's happen that cannot be explained. I'll post a full comment here later, but thanks for the insight.

4 Likes

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by 1stola: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
kayce911: Imagine after all thes life struggles;going to school;working round the clock to make ends meet, u finally die and realise you have been asleep but awake now.......what would ur reaction be ?
Nonsense!
So, where is the real life at?
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
i wud av my bath and go back to sleep cheesy

1 Like

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
If life is a dream as you imply, wht then would you call the experience we have when we sleep at night ? Your question is actually ambiguous for instance when we wake up from sleep we don't wake with anything we had in our dream which is the same thing we will experience when we die, on the other hand how can two persons have the same dream ? if life is actually a dream it means we were once awake before falling into this life sleep, if so how come when we are born we don't have pre birth knowledge or memory. Think about it.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lacomus: If life is a dream as you imply, wht then would you call the experience we have when we sleep at night ? Your question is actually ambiguous for instance when we wake up from sleep we don't wake with anything we had in our dream which is the same thing we will experience when we die, on the other hand how can two persons have the same dream ? if life is actually a dream it means we were once awake before falling into this life sleep, if so how come when we are born we don't have pre birth knowledge or memory. Think about it.
life is a big mystry......there are many questions unanswered.

1 Like

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
1st ola:
Nonsense!

one of the unanswered questions of life

1 Like

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Adeniyi A.:

i wud av my bath and go back to sleep cheesy

lol....that may not be part of your bargain with the life keeper.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by shaggy007(m): 3:04am On Jun 30, 2014
Lacomus: If life is a dream as you imply, wht then would you call the experience we have when we sleep at night ? Your question is actually ambiguous for instance when we wake up from sleep we don't wake with anything we had in our dream which is the same thing we will experience when we die, on the other hand how can two persons have the same dream ? if life is actually a dream it means we were once awake before falling into this life sleep, if so how come when we are born we don't have pre birth knowledge or memory. Think about it.

Hey man, you should also think about this. Whenever you fall asleep, have you ever had a dream that started from the beginning?

You fall asleep and suddenly, in your dreams, you're playing an active role; maybe you're a pilot, or cooking or being chased by demons...it never starts from the beginning. Have you ever thought of that? You just fall asleep and suddenly you're in a party with a lot of chicks dancing, or you're in Mexico dealing drugs...

@bolded: that's why we can't recall any prebirth knowledge or memory. Cos our existence suddenly start.

You guys really need to start thinking outside the box for answers. Forget what your pastor or imam told you. They don't know anything about life. They are as ignorant as you. They are just interpreting books.

Somany things in this life CANNOT be explained, no marter how hard you try.

Life is but a dream, death wakes you up.

1st ola:
Nonsense!

When you die, you will not recall what happened in this life. 100years on earth might just be a 10minute dream in the real life.

kayce911: life is a big mystry......there are many questions unanswered.

Many many many MANY!!! unanswered questions.

3 Likes

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2014
shaggy007:

Hey man, you should also think about this. Whenever you fall asleep, have you ever had a dream that started from the beginning?

You fall asleep and suddenly, in your dreams, you're playing an active role; maybe you're a pilot, or cooking or being chased by demons...it never starts from the beginning. Have you ever thought of that? You just fall asleep and suddenly you're in a party with a lot of chicks dancing, or you're in Mexico dealing drugs...

@bolded: that's why we can't recall any prebirth knowledge or memory. Cos our existence suddenly start.

You guys really need to start thinking outside the box for answers. Forget what your pastor or imam told you. They don't know anything about life. They are as ignorant as you. They are just interpreting books.

Somany things in this life CANNOT be explained, no marter how hard you try.

Life is but a dream, death wakes you up.

When you die, you will not recall what happened in this life. 100years on earth might just be a 10minute dream in the real life.

Many many many MANY!!! unanswered questions.
. Actually you have made a point but don't try to condem others notion, the view they chose to conform to is their choice, the same way you belief you are dreaming.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
nccondemn ?? did he ?
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Anybody who actually believes that this life is nothing but a long never ending dream must be high on something. The mere ideal of it sounds like something out of Walt Disney channel.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by kayce911(f): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ray McBlue: Anybody who actually believes that this life is nothing but a long never ending dream must be high on something. The mere ideal of it sounds like something out of Walt Disney channel.

it is not unending dream, death wakes us up to face the real life.
life is mystikal
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by alexleo(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2014

Not really a dream but life is somehow like a dream. Yes, the real life starts when we leave this world at death hence the need to prepare for the real life while we are on this side of life. Your post is so thought provoking and quite good. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by TheBigUrban2: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by qstar(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
kayce911:

it is not unending dream, death wakes us up to face the real life.
life is mystikal

When we were in high school. We were taught "characteristics of Living things". Death is just a confirmation that you were once a living thing.
And death is the end-point. You live once, one day we all die.

Dream is just one of the functions of a living brain, when at rest. It shares similarity with imaginations when awake. A dead brain together with a dead body are all gone, contributing to the eco-system cycle. That's all.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Dem use movie do you?
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by beejaay: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2014
just like a chess game....king,bishops,queen,rook,knights and pawns go back to the box and all the euphoria of superiority of the king and queen is over... dont take life too seriously, no one gets out alive grin grin
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by beejaay: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Not really a dream but life is somehow like a dream. Yes, the real life starts when we leave this world at death hence the need to prepare for the real life while we are on this side of life. Your post is so thought provoking and quite good. Thanks a lot.
how would you know what you are preparing for when u are just dreaming?? thats if u know warra i mean
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by beejaay: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2014
qstar:

When we were in high school. We were taught "characteristics of Living things".

you were TAUGHT not that u KNOW....which means u were brainwashed, in reality it could mean something else wink grin
my friend we are all in the matrix
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by beejaay: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Dem use movie do you?
but bros Inception is a damn good film..it propelled me to look for answers on somethings that i have been struggling to reconcile about dreams....dreams within dreams, different layers of dreams and sleep.
have u seen the movie??
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by alexleo(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2014
beejaay:
how would you know what you are preparing for when u are just dreaming?? thats if u know warra i mean

That's why I said its not a dream but somehow like a dream. Read my post well.
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by benswagtt(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2014
I jst dey observe trash of peeps wey tink say dem sabi... Mtcheeeeew!!!
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by qstar(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2014
benswagtt: I jst dey observe trash of peeps wey tink say dem sabi... Mtcheeeeew!!!
^^^
[size=16] CONCEIT [/size]

Nobody here claims to know everything. We are just airing our views. If you are e-introverted, that's your issh.
Pls do sort out yourself and don't come here to spew your frustration and depression.

1 Like

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by MadCow1: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2014

Dayuuuuum!

This shiit is deep Fam!

Got me thinking hard..

Chukwudi, Na only two puffs o!! Pass am give Anayo and stop to fhuck up the rotation.

#RedEyeCrew..
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by benswagtt(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2014
qstar:
^^^
[size=16] CONCEIT [/size]

Nobody here claims to know everything. We are just airing our views. If you are e-introverted, that's your issh.
Pls do sort out yourself and don't come here to spew your frustration and depression.
dude.. I didnt attack anybody ooo...!!! Y cant u jst pass as oda pipul dey pas.. 4m d look of tinz u ah d1 dat nids 2 sort ursef
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by traware(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
'Inception'?I thought it was...
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by qstar(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2014
benswagtt: dude.. I didnt attack anybody ooo

Ok
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2014
beejaay:
but bros Inception is a damn good film..it propelled me to look for answers on somethings that i have been struggling to reconcile about dreams....dreams within dreams, different layers of dreams and sleep.
have u seen the movie??

I watch movies only when i'm trapped socially
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by traware(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
'Inception' and ....

Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
Cha!!!! I no de come religion section again at all at all!

shocked eh!
Re: What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? by DeepSight(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2014

For the truly initiated, there is no doubt that life is indeed a collective dream.

It is also true that death is the waking point.

The collective dream does have a purpose and that is the building of self conscious beings who will, in the after - reality, have god like capabilities.

Nevertheless, the initiator of this particular process, what most people imagine is God, is kinda psyco. Very perverted. One has to hope to graduate to being a better god than the god that created this dream. When it's time, please create a better dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. / Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious / What Is I Bless God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.