Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi (1823 Views)

I Will Never Contest Election Again After 2011 Presidential Election - Buhari / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi / Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Misterpaul(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mr. Peter Obi, the immediate past governor of Anambra State says he is standing by his decision never to run for an elective office again in Nigeria, rubishing rumours he plans running for Senate come 2015.

The soft-spoken man, who spoke with reporters at Ochuche in Ogbaru local government area of the state where he joined his former commissioner for local government and chieftaincy affairs, Mr. Dubem Obaze at the weekend as he received a chieftaincy title from all traditional rulers in Anambra North senatorial zone, said his decision remains, but however said he is prepared to serve Nigeria in any capacity.

Obi’s arrival at the venue of the ceremony was greeted with jubilation by the audience.

“I started telling people during my second tenure in office as governor that I will not aspire for any elective position in the country, but some people thought I was joking,” Obi said.

“Some have even been speculating that I will be contesting for senate for Anambra Central in 2015 or for another elective position at the national level and I want to say here that I have no such ambition.

“However, I am prepared to make myself available for the service of my country in non-elective position.

“I believe that after serving as governor for eight years, I should allow other people go for political offices meant for the state. There is therefore no truth in the rumour that I want to contest for senate next year.”

Obi however said he would remain in All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, no matter the nature of assignment he is carrying out for the nation, adding that deliberate efforts would continue to ensure that the party becomes stronger in the country.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/i-will-never-contest-election-again-peter-obi.html
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
I love people who keep their word
I love people who believe politics is a call to govern
I love people who are not power hungry
I love people who are leaders not rulers
I love people who are competent.
I love Mr.Peter obi
Ride on sir.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Peter Obi is one of a kind.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by biafranqueen: 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
We are happy for that and wish the rest would follow your lead.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by mike404(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
biafranqueen: We are happy for that and wish the rest would follow your lead.
YOU MEAN PROPHET BUHARI

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by biafranqueen: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
mike404: YOU MEAN PROPHET BUHARI
grin
Among others the list may crash NL so lets know at least 95% need to be sacked!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by FreeGlobe(f): 12:07am On Jun 30, 2014
Nonsense. Literally begging for ministerial appointment. Nobody can take Anambra central from Ngige, he simply knows this. Let him go and finish the billions he stole from Anambra

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by 500GPA: 12:14am On Jun 30, 2014
WHO CARES?
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by funshint(m): 12:22am On Jun 30, 2014
The guy knows he can never win any other election in Nigeria again...face-saving gesture after all the billions of state money stolen mtchww!
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2014
i wish buhari will learn from this man

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

VICTORCIZA: i wish buhari will learn from this man

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Nnewi1stSon: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2014
FreeGlobe: Nonsense. Literally begging for ministerial appointment. Nobody can take Anambra central from Ngige, he simply knows this. Let him go and finish the billions he stole from Anambra
Lol, nwanne tell me what did this man do to you? I also dislike him but not to the level you do... He has left na... Biko let byegones be byegones gringringrin
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Nonybb: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Lol, nwanner tell me what did this man do to you? I also dislike him but not to the level you do... He has left na... Biko let byegones be byegones gringringrin
Peter Obi Stole Billions. His conscience is telling him not to go for it again. Only a FOol wouldnt know Obi. I live in Anambra State
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
FreeGlobe: Nonsense. Literally begging for ministerial appointment. Nobody can take Anambra central from Ngige, he simply knows this. Let him go and finish the billions he stole from Anambra
calm down joor! whats with your ranting? what if he is interested in ministerial appointment, anything wrong with it? that he is not contesting is actually good news to ngige or anyone hoping to go for Anambra central cos if he is to contest, it will be a landslide for him, and stop this your baseless accusations.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Lol, nwanne tell me what did this man do to you? I also dislike him but not to the level you do... He has left na... Biko let byegones be byegones gringringrin
dont mind her, let her carry on with her senseless tirade on Obi, its because he has always kept her man ngige at bay in anambra politics
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nonybb: Peter Obi Stole Billions. His conscience is telling him not to go for it again. Only a FOol wouldnt know Obi. I live in Anambra State
shut up and dont be myopic, only a fool will not know that every governor stole or is stealing, the difference is did you perform? in Obi's case YES, he performed!

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
VICTORCIZA: i wish buhari will learn from this man
lol...that one is a serial election loser. He promised in 2011 that it will be his last, if he loses he wont contest again, but all we see is a desperate old man seeking to be president by all means

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by Tittos: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
In other words, he wants to be a minister....its all good tho.
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by FreeGlobe(f): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
shizzle11:
calm down joor! whats with your ranting? what if he is interested in ministerial appointment, anything wrong with it? that he is not contesting is actually good news to ngige or anyone hoping to go for Anambra central cos if he is to contest, it will be a landslide for him, and stop this your baseless accusations.
ok, go ahead and tell him to contest. He knows Anambra will reject him anytime like Ekiti rejected Fayemi. Landslide my foot
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
FreeGlobe:
ok, go ahead and tell him to contest. He knows Anambra will reject him anytime like Ekiti rejected Fayemi. Landslide my foot
Anambra will reject him yet he completed two terms (defeating your beloved Ngige in 2010) and his anointed candidate became governor by succeeding him, yet you undermine him and his scope of influence. How did you actually come up with this your warped analysis? You let your sheer dislike for him becloud your sense of reasoning. If he is such a bad man, why is it that you and indeed majority of Anambrarians are singing Obiano's name already for his wonderful blue print and initiative so far on assumption of office?.

Nne, i wouldn't want to argue with you on this, just try to be less emotional on matters concerning Obi.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by donphilopus: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
shizzle11:
lol...that one is a serial election loser. He promised in 2011 that it will be his last, if he loses he wont contest again, but all we see is a desperate old man seeking to be president by all means

Guy, you seem to be a sadist. I don't know why semi-illiterates were allowed to register on Nairaland. I believe if they were denied registration access, a certified illiterate like you wouldn't be here ranting.

Fyi, I never wanted to dignify you with a response in sport' section. I'd advise you never to quote me with insults on Nairaland again. Because, if you do.... Only God knows what would happen.

I don't know why these kids can't do without insults. Anyways, I won't blame you, reason being that you don't know that everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. I never expected a jonathanian to be different from his master though!
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by ojimbo(m): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
evidence of smoking wet weed
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
donphilopus:

Guy, you seem to be a sadist. I don't know why semi-illiterates were allowed to register on Nairaland. I believe if they were denied registration access, a certified illiterate like you wouldn't be here ranting.

Fyi, I never wanted to dignify you with a response in sport' section. I'd advise you never to quote me with insults on Nairaland again. Because, if you do.... Only God knows what would happen.

I don't know why these kids can't do without insults. Anyways, I won't blame you, reason being that you don't know that everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. I never expected a jonathanian to be different from his master though!
And what if i do? for that singular statement your and an iddiott. You took your stewpidity to sports and you expect a kind response. FOOL! go back there and see how many people called you out for your iddiotic and irrational comment, yet you come here to spew garbage, not your fault, its obvious you have a non functional brain.

less i forget when you get home, call your father an illiterate.
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by donphilopus: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
shizzle11:
And what if i do? for that singular statement your and an iddiott. You took your stewpidity to sports and you expect a kind response. FOOL! go back there and see how many people called you out for your iddiotic and irrational comment, yet you come here to spew garbage, not your fault, its obvious you have a non functional brain.

less i forget when you get home, call your father an illiterate.

Guy, I only quoted you to inform you that you should desist from quoting peole who ain't of the same opinion with you because you might not know who you're quoting. Besides, if you think I want to start throwing tantrums with you here, then you're just joking. Try and know that you beneath me!

You can look for lowlives like you to do that. Thanks!
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by shizzle11(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
donphilopus:

Guy, I only quoted you to inform you that you should desist from quoting peole who ain't of the same opinion with because you might not know who you're quoting. Besides, if you think I want to start throwing tantrums with you here, then you're just joking. Try and know that you beneath me!

You can look for lowlives like you to do that
. Thanks!
And what manner of delusion is this? Any ways for certain considerations, i'll overlook this and spare you
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by FreeGlobe(f): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
ojimbo: evidence of smoking wet weed
God punish you... peter obi e-thug angry
Re: I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi by ojimbo(m): 6:00am On Jul 04, 2014
FreeGlobe:
God punish you... peter obi e-thug angry
ok

(1) (Reply)

ATTN: Threat To Life / 2015 FIRST LADY - The Mother Of Revolution! / Shock And Terror: Islamic State Boasts Mass Executions In Iraq (GRAPHIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.