Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Where Is God When You Need It ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God When You Need It ??? (2306 Views)

Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
Now listen up "people-of-God", before you'll crucify me for using "it" for the big "G". I read somewhere in the Bible that: "I AM NOT A MAN that I should lie"; so what I call him don't matter in this context.

Back to the main talk.

No long story; I go straight to the point.

Truth is, He has let me down more than the Federal Government of Nigeria.

At 27, He refuse to bless me.
As a fine boy, He won't let me have a girl friend let alone a wife.

I gave 3 solid years of my life to the service of the Lord, what did I get in return Lack, want, poverty, hatred, regrets of missed opportunities to explore good life.

When I was sick, no healing came through personal prayers, anointiing, despite my huge level of faith, believing & all. Many thanks to my sister, mother & the hospital for not letting me die.

I'm one of the most brilliant child at home & in school. After WAEC, I wrote & passed JAMB 2 times but no admission, even when I make special donation for it in God's house.

Most of my wrong moves came as a result of listening to "Divine Directions".

I'm not a Pagan yet, but don't know what to believe, anymore.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by mstik(f): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
'divine directions' from who exactly? And what exactly were you told to do?
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by emeraldlife: 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
DikSin: Now listen up "people-of-God", before you'll crucify me for using "it" for the big "G". I read somewhere in the Bible that: "I AM NOT A MAN that I should lie"; so what I call him don't matter in this context.

Back to the main talk.

I gave 3 solid years of my life to the service of the Lord, what did I get in return Lack, want, poverty, hatred, regrets of missed opportunities to explore good life.

When I was sick, no healing came through personal prayers, anointiing, despite my huge level of faith, believing & all. Many thanks to my sister, mother & the hospital for not letting me die.

I'm one of the most brilliant child at home & in school. After WAEC, I wrote & passed JAMB 2 times but no admission, even when I make special donation for it in God's house.

You complain of your problems but failed to acknowledge that His has been working to keep u alive.
You complained of writing waec and jamb, have u ever thought of those who couldn't write the jamb? Those who died as a result of accident or ill health before they could even reach the venue of their exam?

You complained of not getting admission, I had a bright first class female friend who could not complete her 300L as a result of illness.

You complained of when u were sick, have u thought of those who died from it? Have u ever considered why your families, doctors and nurses were there to support u?

Let me remind u, "u have been declared free" as result of the death of Jesus on the cross. You are a winner. Keep your dreams alive. God cannot lie. Don't give up on God.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: 'divine directions' from who exactly? And what exactly were you told to do?

Not to let no deacon, pastor, & ordain workers get on topic. angry
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
DikSin: Now listen up "people-of-God", before you'll crucify me for using "it" for the big "G". I read somewhere in the Bible that: "I AM NOT A MAN that I should lie"; so what I call him don't matter in this context.

Back to the main talk.

I read your story, i'v had worse than you, bt I still keep my faith strong, this is the falling away, preparing the way for the man of sin , SO WHAT ON YOUR MIND? I WILL SAY THE SAME THING JESUS SAY TO JUDAS, WHAT YOU MUST DO,DO IT QUICKLY .

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by jayriginal: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
DikSin

If you ever want something in life, strive to get it. Try not to hurt others in getting it.

When you get it, feel free to thank whatever deity you subscribe to. If you dont get it, try again (maybe) or move on.

Either way you will be more successful and less frustrated if you take your destiny in your hands and take responsibilities for your actions. It wont matter which deity you believe in, you will be contented.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
emeraldlife:
You complain of your problems but failed to acknowledge that [b][/b] His has been working to keep u alive.

Sure! He owe me that, at least. Btw I don't want to contest or break Methuselah's 969 years record.

...It is not in the number of days; shoki lobe oge.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
malvisguy212: I read your story, i'v had worse than you, bt I still keep my faith strong, this is the falling away, preparing the way for the man of sin , SO WHAT ON YOUR MIND? I WILL SAY THE SAME THING JESUS SAY TO JUDAS, WHAT YOU MUST DO,DO IT QUICKLY .

who's this one again?
what is he talking
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
jayriginal: DikSin

If you ever want something in life, strive to get it. Try not to hurt others in getting it.

When you get it, feel free to thank whatever deity you subscribe to. If you dont get it, try again (maybe) or move on.

Either way you will be more successful and less frustrated if you take your destiny in your hands and take responsibilities for your actions. It wont matter which deity you believe in, you will be contented.

Cheers.
undecided
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by NoProphecy: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2014
It is obvious that you are worshiping the wrong god. I suggest worshiping Hanuman. I have been a faithful follower of Hanuman for many years and I can say:

I am in perfect health. I have never had an injury greater than a few light scratches.

I have five girl friends and will marry when I am good and ready.

I have successfully completed university and have a very well paying job. I have more money than I need and am donating to worthy causes as well as putting a large amount into my retirement fund monthly.

Anyone who tells you to keep praying to a deadbeat god who does not deliver is a filthy liar. The value of a god has to be assessed continuously. If you wait until you are dead, you will have wasted your life. You need to send the god you have been worshiping a message. Put out or get out. Hanuman gives many blessings.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 12:42am On Jun 30, 2014
NoProphecy: It is obvious that you are worshiping the wrong god. I suggest worshiping Hanuman. I have been a faithful follower of Hanuman for many years and I can say:

I am in perfect health. I have never had an injury greater than a few light scratches.

I have five girl friends and will marry when I am good and ready.

I have successfully completed university and have a very well paying job. I have more money than I need and am donating to worthy causes as well as putting a large amount into my retirement fund monthly.

Anyone who tells you to keep praying to a deadbeat god who does not deliver is a filthy liar. The value of a god has to be assessed continuously. If you wait until you are dead, you will have wasted your life. You need to send the god you have been worshiping a message. Put out or get out. Hanuman gives many blessings.

What! That image is scary.
Despite the fact that me & God get some misunderstanding, we still dey agree on somethings just that He has refuse to MADE ME who I want to be.

Anyways, I can give your god a chance in my life, only if He/She can give me f@st result; real good money, perfect health, fine-fine girls, cars, great power of intuition, protection, fame and power. All these without any side-effect for eternity. Then you and your god will sign it physically and spiritually (and we must have withnesses) DEAL? undecided
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by kuss: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD NEEDED YOU
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by kuss: 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD NEEDED YOU

Proverbs 1:24-31 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
If God fails, consult your brain

3 Likes

Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
kuss: WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD NEEDED YOU

In the church. Evangelising, distributing tracts, attending midweek services, doing 1st and 2nd service every Sunday, assisting the church in the home cell secretariat, hating evil, rebuking every suggestion of immorality, washing my pastor's clothes, car, ironing his family clothes, reading daily devotion; Open Heavens, Bible, Christian literature... always at His service cry

And what did I get in return Nada
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
kuss: WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD NEEDED YOU

Proverbs 1:24-31 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

You weren't there, friend. Don't judge me if you don't want to see my nasty side of life; ask Simply_me. she know a little bit of me undecided
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
FOLYKAZE: If God fails, consult your brain

Some folks be like father to God.
Must you comment, undecided
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by simplyme3(f): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
DikSin:

You weren't there, friend. Don't judge me if you don't want to see my nasty side of life; ask Simply_me. she know a little bit of me undecided

Yes. I know u as a spineless mofo.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
simply_me:

Yes. I know u as a spineless mofo.
There she goes cheesy
I'll have ur time after the second half.
The outcome of the game 'll determine what happens next. 4Q for now, byegrin angry
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by simplyme3(f): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
DikSin:
There she goes cheesy
I'll have ur time after the second half.
The outcome of the game 'll determine what happens next. 4Q for now, byegrin angry

Dïdnt i say u r spineless
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
simply_me:

Dïdnt i say u r spineless

Never mind...
Jst pray, pray that france don't win. Okay?
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by simplyme3(f): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
DikSin:

Never mind...
Jst pray, pray that france don't win. Okay?

so 2 - 0.

What u gonna do now.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
simply_me:

so 2 - 0.

What u gonna do now.

Ignore u for a moment, come back later when my nasty me is really back and and activated. Now you know!
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by lastmessenger: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
One thing. that christains must settle is that of motive.why are u serving God? Is it for material gains or for the love that you have for him?Job made a very touching statement and he said Eventhough He(God) slay me,yet will i trust him.i remember the prophets of the old.these holy men of God suffered for God but still remained faithful.Jesus said that in the world christains will suffer tribulation but that they should cheer up because He has overcomed the world.
The problem now is that the present day penticostal movement have carried the prosperity gospel over its boundry promising men that faithful tithe payers and seed sowers will be rich.in the end the people that christ died for begin to doubt when they dont see the result of their effort coming.we must preach a balanced gospel.
@Op worship God wether He bless you or not.christainity is beyond money and material things. Even Jesus christ did not gain material things apart from the fact that He did the will of the Father by saving us.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
IT's not helping cos IT's busy watching terrorists while they kill xtains
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
lastmessenger:
@Op worship God wether He bless you or not.christainity is beyond money and material things. Even Jesus christ did not gain material things apart from the fact that He did the will of the Father by saving us.

But He gave me a mandate to serve Him so He would bless me.

Exodus 23:25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
Now add Joshua 1:8, then come back & yarn me, bro
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
DEVA1: IT's not helping cos IT's busy watching terrorists while they kill xtains

Not funny. Go away (no offence though)
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
DikSin:

Not funny. Go away (no offence though)
I wasn't cracking a joke
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by lastmessenger: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
DikSin:

But He gave me a mandate to serve Him so He would bless me.

Exodus 23:25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
Now add Joshua 1:8, then come back & yarn me, bro
you dont get it.Jeremaih suffered,yet he was faithful to God and he knew about the promises of God.Even Christ suffered for the things He never did.The test of christain maturity is the ability to overlook those blessings and still worship God.The great Apostle of the old are what they are today not because they had money but because they served God and even died serving God.stop listening to all these sweet Gospels of how to be a millionair.it does not work that way.Only God know why he choose to bless people.i have seen sinners having money to the extent that they dont know what to do with the money.Christainity is beyond money.if you want money,go work for it.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
lastmessenger:
.The test of christain maturity is the ability to overlook those blessings and still worship God

Says who??
I don't want u to feel guilty about having this conversation in the first place.

Truth be told, I'm not in the class of folks who thinks suffering, sickness, poverty & shame are the combined password to loging in into the "Heavenlies".

Don't blame me, I'm just a simple youngman with two eyez trying to be wise. Wisdom is better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard" (Eccl. 9:16).

A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: BUT MONEY ANSWERETH ALL THINGS.
(Eccl. 10:19)

Jus Show me the MONEY! Sekem!!
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by chieveboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
@dikin...l'll be very candid with you! whether u like it or not...know it or not their will be time you, everyone else will outgrow anything of spiritual importance in your life or in a lifetime. These will definately include things like parentage, locale, religion,prayer etc. When these things happen, you are at a cross-road, you pray and dont get answers or some religous practices cease to make sense or affect and control you...thats when you should seek God 'personally'. In seeking God, you'll save yourself wear and tear from the poverty, deceit and confusion about God by seeking it within yourself.

There is prayer and there is prayer. unfortunately the problem we face is not largely hindged on prayer. But for starters, and to cut the how-to and lectures short...all the things you listed on your wanted list is yours for the getting. But first you must recognize that you were the author of your present predicament. No jupiter hangs from a corner and messes with your life. Secondly you dont need to quit your chrisian faith ( if you are satisfied with its teachings) for another religion ,cult etc. You might have heard of this motivational :'the answer is inside you'times without number, l can explain it a bit to you later if you so wish.

Now comes the ultimate, if prayer didnt work for you ,try singing HU the most beautiful and powerful prayer. It is not neccessarily the 'final' cure-all for the ills that plague you. But i can assure you that you that it will spur and empower you to actively find solutions to your ills. I cannot emphasise it potency or benefit enough, but the God you seek help from through christian prayer will manifest it self in a way you can accept through what in christianity you term the Holy-Spirit.

To sing HU. Before sleep, lie comfortably and let your mind drift to a happy time in your life or think of something or someone you love, be it father, girlfriend, pet ,city, game ,etc...the idea is to be in a loving or happy mood. No matter your religion or what you do, Love is the passkey to God or nothing else. Next sing HU ( pronounced 'hue') in a long drawn-out manner like HUUUU as long asyour breathe takes. Do this for 10-15 min, max 30minutes. Just before drifting to sleep, make a request on any matter like "dear God why am l passing through this"? or "how do l make my finances better"? in the morning you may wake up with answers...you may jot it down immediatley. In my case l actually recieve things l need in my dreams only for the person to actually give me those things in 'real' life. Thats the manner it works. Try and retry if you mean business...compare praying and this one on different nights to see the difference. Till l hear from you, Thanks.
Re: Where Is God When You Need It ??? by DikSin(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
@chieveboy, DikSin is the name not Dikin.

Back to the talk. You sound like it; like the kind of contribution needed here minus the line where you said I am the author of my predicament. How? In what way??
I wash brought up in a christian home where obidience to father and mother is a great virtue . All I can remember now is, back then I never liked going to church on Sundays, but didn't have a say in the family setting as at then. I was inductrinated into this way of life called christianity because of the promises in the Holy Bible, I am what I am today; I was forced to be a christian. Wish I was let alone to live my childhood life believing in nothing...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

"If Abortion Is Murder, Why Do Some Christians Defend It?" / 10 Secret Organisations / Science don't actually exist... Scientist are sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.