Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). (26160 Views)

6 Surprising Ways Being In Love Affects YOUR Health / 10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed / How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by lepasharon(f): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
I had a heart problem scare once cry...Infective endocarditis
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
doyouknowjohnny:
Dude try to read and assimilate before jumping into conclusion..The Doctor never stated for a fact that lack of circulation to the hair follicles was the cause of heart diseases but might be a "WARNING SIGN" that the heart might not be as healthy as you think as inferred in his statement

"Dr. Alvarez says lack of
circulation to the hair follicles "MAY BE"
related to heart circulation, although
other factors may play a role in the connection"

So Bro it might be foolhardy to just disprove his findings without making proper research yourself, because you might need this piece of information someday that could eventually save a fellas life..

Male pattern baldness has nothing to do with poor circulation. That is a fact that does not need "additional research".
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
pheesayor: I've been suffering from sleep apnea which I discovered in 2007, lately it got worse with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and even weakness in the left side of my body. Diet change has brought slight relief but I still need help

Are you overweight?
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by assana: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
undecided Mbok park well joor
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Yemlizzy(f): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nice tips. The issue on baldness most times is hereditary anyway. Headache leads to heartache.....sounds so plausible.

1 Like

Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by timsbee(f): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
My hubby snores very often but i dont think dat one na symptom of anytin o
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by pheesayor(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
BMI is around 30/31 but I wasn't overweight when I started having the symptoms (falling asleep during classes in early junior secondary)
davidylan:

Are you overweight?
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by zurine(f): 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
interesting
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by armyofone(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2014
Start adding garlic to your meal. One glove daily. Peel, chop and leave it for 10 minutes. Then add to your dinner. Don't warm it with your food... just chop, leave for 10 mins then add to meals.
Stop eating white rice...especially at night time. Eat brown rice more than white rice. Eat more fish too...
Again start adding garlic to your daily meals, it helps.
Don't forget to walk, jog or run at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes.

pheesayor: I've been suffering from sleep apnea which I discovered in 2007, lately it got worse with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and even weakness in the left side of my body. Diet change has brought slight relief but I still need help
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Doubleoo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Heart attack is itself not a disease but a deadly and suddenly occurred condition that arise as a result of several factors that deteriorate the healthy living of the heart arteries leading to narrowing and clogging of the arteries thereby obstruct blood flow in the heart. As you know that the heart is a pumping organ that uses pressure to trasport blood round the body, it's functions can be compromised by any factors that affect the blood vessels in the body and this is the reason why arteriosclerosis is a major contributor to heart problems. Whichever conditions that lead to irregular blood pumping by the heart, certain discomfort is accompanied either fatal or just little discomfort that can be easily managed. Several other things to be known about the risk has been posted at http://www.bodychemist..com/p/despite-what-you-may-believe-heart.html?m=1
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Alenkakent(m): 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Feedmemore: 3. Migraines Headaches may lead to heartaches as well. Women who experience migraines with visual or sensory disturbance at least once a month are twice as likely to develop heart disease, says a study published in June by the American Academy of Neurology. Dr. Alvarez says circulation irregularities that cause the severe headaches may contribute to heart problems. "If you find a vascular abnormality in one territory of the body, you're likely to find it in another," he says.

Do this. Mind the warning sign. Talk with your physician about what a migraine may mean for your heart. Circulatory problems anywhere in the body should stimulate doctors to look for other areas of the body affected as well, Dr. Alvarez says.

4. Eating and drinking plastic Toss your plastic water bottles into a recycling bin. According to a University of Cincinnati study, the chemical bisphenol A (BPA) found in hard plastic food and beverage containers can produce an estrogenlike molecule that mimics estrogen's effects, creating a heightened risk for heart disease in women. Dr. Alvarez says BPA "could create too much estrogen or block the effects of its benefits." And that's not all--check out these 5 Crazy Things BPA is Doing to Your Body for the full list of health risks.

Do this. Replace # 7 plastic food containers and water bottles--that's the type likely to contain BPA--with stainless steel, glass, or ceramic ones. If you're not ready to banish other types of plastic containers, be sure you never heat them up, since this can cause other chemicals to leach into their contents.

I guess d only means of getting across to u is now here... *smiles
I wann reach u but its clearly stated that ur email aint accessible, thsu pm won't do...
Endeavour to drop me a hi infotechdave@gmail.com or betteryet, bbm 28aea5b7
I'd wait patiently
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by pheesayor(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thanks a lot, I'm looking at the discomfort of smell of garlic, especially with colleagues at work. I will stop white rice, I've replaced white bread with wheat bread, whole cream milk with skimmed milk (mostly dano slim), sugar with honey. I can't jog due to fatigue and palpitations but I've very comfortable with cycling. My meal now constitute mainly of blended fruits (most time pineapple and water melon), am I on the right track?

armyofone: Start adding garlic to your meal. One glove daily. Peel, chop and leave it for 10 minutes. Then add to your dinner. Don't warm it with your food... just chop, leave for 10 mins then add to meals.
Stop eating white rice...especially at night time. Eat brown rice more than white rice. Eat more fish too...
Again start adding garlic to your daily meals, it helps.
Don't forget to walk, jog or run at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes.

Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Alenkakent(m): 1:02am On Jul 12, 2014
Alenkakent:

I guess d only means of getting across to u is now here... *smiles
I wann reach u but its clearly stated that ur email aint accessible, thsu pm won't do...
Endeavour to drop me a hi infotechdave@gmail.com or betteryet, bbm 28aea5b7
I'd wait patiently
@feedmemore, This is the comment I'm referring to
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by armyofone(m): 5:31am On Jul 19, 2014
You are. Don't forget to add cucumber and banana to your daily food too.
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by asodeboyede(m): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2014
Really?

1 Like

Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=asodeboyede

Expectiiinnng........

Thanks[/quote]

Got it
Re: 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them). by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 02, 2019
Lavender. Contrast. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Should I Worry About Passing Too Much Gas? / What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House / 10 Unbelievable Coma Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.