Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year (1190 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / My Cabinet Will Be Ready Before End Of Month, Buhari Promises / Enugu Govt Promise All Rural Communities Electricity Before End Of Tenure In2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by gratiaeo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
OSOGBO—All is now set for the mining of the first gold in Ilesha, in the State of Osun as the Governor Rauf Aregbesola, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an Australian mining firm, Andalusian Mining Industry.
This came as the leader of the mining firm, Colin Miller, told the governor that his company would present the first raw gold to the people of the state before the end this year.
The signing ceremony took place at the Government House, Osogbo yesterday with a moderate ceremony with the governor in attendance.
The governor said the Australian mining firm had conducted a geological survey which confirmed that there was a huge deposit of gold in Ilesha.
Aregbesola said the discovery had presented the state with a wonderful opportunity to partner with Andalusian in the breakdown, exploration and mining of gold in the state.
He said the people and the state look forward to having maximum advantage of the mining firm’s presence in the state
The governor described gold mining in state as a major breakthrough to the government and a business opportunity for the state.
He said the government looked forward to speedy operation and intervention in the prospecting for gold before the end of the year.
The governor expressed hope that the state has joined the league of mining of non-oil mineral producing states in the country.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/osuns-first-raw-gold-end-year/

1 Like

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Firefire(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congratulations to people of Osun State

2 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
I'd be happier if an osun state indigene owned the company

3 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pls I cant wait, all of us must share the dividends just like oil....

1 Like

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congratulatons to Osun people.

2 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by RedReact: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
MOBJECTIVE: I'd be happier if an osun state indigene owned the company
Don't think any Nigerian is in mining business at present, due to our natural resources not being tapped or looked into, but maybe it can happen in the nearest years. My only fear is the use of Chinese miners instead of the locals.
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by PapaBrowne(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
And the propaganda continues. . . . . . .

Please go and pay salaries! The civil servants are waiting or August 9th will be your day of judgement!!

9 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by rozayx5(m): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
RedReact:
Don't think any Nigerian is in mining business at present, due to our natural resources not being tapped or looked into, but maybe it can happen in the nearest years. My only fear is the use of Chinese miners instead of the locals.

true

PapaBrowne: And the propaganda continues. . . . . . .
Please go and pay salaries! The civil servants are waiting or August 9th will be your day of judgement!!

grin grin grin
APC shivering since they lost Ekiti

2 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
RedReact:

You share my fears. If that happens then we haven't learnt anything from the oil curse.
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Folksyharry(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
this is a very good news. I just hope our greedy govt will not misuse the money we will make from this resource like they are doing to crude oil.
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Yoritshekiri: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
Election propaganda.
I wonder where they get all these foreign partners in crime from.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Brimmie(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
smiley
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by ichidodo: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Gold kó platinum ní...All these propaganda sef.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Gclan(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thats another plus to the national cake, i hope and pray that the people of Osun should benefit of this development
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
APC AND SENSELESS PROPAGANDA!!?

3 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by raphead: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
why is this suppose to be news. load of peeps have been mining gold illegally in Ilesha for eons.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by eaglechild: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
I hope this will give them enough money to add meat and vegetables to the free beans given to pupils.

2 Likes

Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
CHESSBOARD: Pls I cant wait, all of us must share the dividends just like oil....
Re: Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
raphead: why is this suppose to be news. load of peeps have been mining gold illegally in Ilesha for eons.

I wonder o.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Kayode Fayemi: My Ekiti Election Story / BBC BREAKING - Nigeria Kano Blast: Boko Haram Blamed For Six Deaths / “boko Haram Is Funded Through CBN” – Australian Hostage Negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.