Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam (13967 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia / Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Tyche(m): 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2014

The family of Mubarak Bala, who is on admission at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), Kano yesterday reacted to media reports sugges-ting that he was being held against his wish for denouncing the existence of God.

A statement issued by Audu Bulama Bukarti, solicitor to Mubarak’s family, said his condition was purely medical as revealed by the results of medical tests which necessitated his admission at the hospital.

Mubarak took to twitter to say his father and brother had put him in detention at the Hospital’s psychiatric ward. He called on different international organizations and the public to come to his aid.

“Before any issue of belief came up, Mubarak had shown abundant signs of abnormality subsequent to which competent medical professionals have diagnosed him with a chal-lenging psychiatric condition (details withheld to protect patients confidentiality, as contained in the hospital’s press release),” said the family statement.

It said as an enlightened family, it “understands and respects individual human rights” and that as an adult, Mubarak is free to “believe and practice whatever he chooses” in accordance with the Nigerian and international human rights instruments.
The family requested the public to respect its privacy and that of the patient as he continues with medical treatment saying no one could love him more than his family.

“Should the hospital certify Mubarak medically fit, he shall not spend moment longer than necessary on admission in the hospital,” the family said.
Management of AKTH last Friday issued a statement also denying holding Mubarak captive at the hospital.

It said Mubarak was suffering from a “challenging psychiatric condition which needed close treatment and supervision”. The hospital also clarified that a lawyer hired by an organisation was around to see and talk to him. “The lawyer is in contact with Mubarak and has had discussions with him. His stay in the hospital is purely on medical grounds and with the consent of his family. We have no reason to keep him beyond necessary,” the hospital’s statement said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/27967-family-denies-holding-son-captive-for-renouncing-islam

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Ishilove: 4:33am On Jul 03, 2014
Wonders upon wonders. So the guy is truly a mental case? He wasn't been held against his will? shocked

Lmao! It means some of these Nairaland atheists need to have their heads checked... lipsrsealed

iKid iKid! cheesy cheesy

Front page please. We gast to calm all the foaming in the mouth atheists who have been raging about Mubarak's issue. It seems their brother in atheism is actually a nut case and NOT a prisoner. grin cheesy cheesy

Wow, FTC. Wonderful tongue grin

14 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 4:43am On Jul 03, 2014
^^^^

What is the diagnosis of the mental case?

Be careful before you rush into judgement

6 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Ishilove: 4:59am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
^^^^

What is the diagnosis of the mental case?

Be careful before you rush into judgement
They haven't reached a final verdict, but prior to his admission he has been displaying abundant signs of kolomentality.

9 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 5:07am On Jul 03, 2014
Ishilove:
They haven't reached a final verdict, but prior to his admission he has been displaying abundant signs of kolomentality.

like what?

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by 3Dimension: 5:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Mubarak took to twitter to say his father and brother had put him in detention at the Hospital’s psychiatric ward.
. Mad people now use twitter..

And he go get followers o.

This thing get k-leg jare..

13 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by hydeka: 5:20am On Jul 03, 2014
ok
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by oyatmicah(m): 5:20am On Jul 03, 2014
smh. 9ja u must hear something sha undecidedsmh.
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Macelliot(m): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Well! Well! Well!
Mercy shall be shown upon the people of Sodom and Gommorah than the people of these Days on the Day of Judgement
I rest my case!
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by reedbam: 5:29am On Jul 03, 2014
Mubarak took to twitter to say his father and brother had put him in detention at the Hospital’s psychiatric ward. cheesy I said it! There are trully Mad people on twitter cheesy cheesy
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Macelliot(m): 5:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Online Barber supposed decorated that im brain....

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by NickiRoman: 5:30am On Jul 03, 2014
So what should we say or do about it #irrelevant things undecided
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Innodon(m): 5:31am On Jul 03, 2014
dis pple self.

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Dharyhor: 5:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Pls read d content of message carefully b4 commenting
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Coolboi05(m): 5:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Mad person dey twEet sef....na y I no dey wonder if I c som posts here!

2 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Ishilove: 5:34am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

like what?
How the frog am I supposed to know?

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 5:35am On Jul 03, 2014
Ishilove:
How the frog am I supposed to know?

You dont know and you are already judging him to be mental......arguing from ignorance...smh

5 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Ishilove: 5:35am On Jul 03, 2014
Coolboi05: Mad person dey twEet sef....na y I no dey wonder if I c som posts here!
ROTFL!!! WORD! cheesy cheesy

That's why some comments on NL shouldn't surprise you. There might be some underlying causes wink

2 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Ishilove: 5:37am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

You dont know and you are already judging him to be mental......arguing from ignorance...smh
I didn't see you disagreeing when he accused his family of holding him captive. Now the family have come out with their own side, so don't blow a gasket. grin

2 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by NewsINigeria(m): 5:37am On Jul 03, 2014
hmm
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by blacktoy(m): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2014
In kano, kastina and jos am expecting something of such, bcuz the way youths abuses drugs and smoke india hemp is too much and consequency of it is either sudden death or mental disorder manifestation.
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 5:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Ishilove:
I didn't see you disagreeing when he accused his family of holding him captive. Now the family have come out with their own side, so don't blow a gasket. grin

I kept quiet as i didnt know the facts. That is what I am telling you to do.

I havent supported any side. So SHUT UP

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by englishmart(m): 5:41am On Jul 03, 2014
I don't expect them to tell the truth.
Smh4bloodyliars

3 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by usba: 5:43am On Jul 03, 2014
I remember stating in the other thread that something could be genuinely wrong wit the boy and people were simply making their hateful comments out of their ingrown hatred for Islam. There is a high probability that he might be suffering from schizophrenia, who knows. At 29 he still squatting with his parents, that is a tell tale sign something is wrong. Poor atheist though, the boy detention had it been true, meant the world to them as it seemed to validate their discomfort of atheism.

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 5:45am On Jul 03, 2014
usba: I remember stating in the other thread that something could be genuinely wrong wit the boy and people were simply making their hateful comments out of their ingrown hatred for Islam. There is a high probability that he might be suffering from schizophrenia, who knows. At 29 he still squatting with his parents, that is a tell tale sign something is wrong. Poor atheist though, the boy detention had it been true, meant the world to them as it seemed to validate their discomfort of atheism.

SHUT UP.

You just came here to defend islam. No one knows the truth yet.

When doctors come out with a diagnosis, then we will know the truth. A diagnosis can be proven false.

6 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Techwriter: 5:55am On Jul 03, 2014
“Should the hospital certify Mubarak medically fit, he shall not spend moment longer than necessary on admission in the hospital,” the family said.
Management of AKTH last Friday issued a statement also denying holding Mubarak captive at the hospital.
[size=18pt]The problem is that any Doctor who certifies him medically fit for renouncing Islam will be the next to be on detention.

I keep hearing that the Koran says there is no compulsion in religion and i wonder what about all the opposite cases that even a woman was sentenced to death for converting to Christianity. Someone would say its a competent court of law (like the competent doctor mentioned above)and they forgot that they are compelled by their faith to be biased in reasoning.

I keep hearing its a religion of peace but everyday people die in the name of Islam.

Muhammad, who you are speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you are saying[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by GogetterMD(m): 5:56am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

SHUT UP.

When doctors come out with a diagnosis, then we will know the truth. A diagnosis can be proven false.
Dude could you please stop ranting? The post said the hospital already released a press statement stating the obvious, that Mubarak has psychiatric issues, and the only reason they refrain from releasing his diagnosis is for patient confidentiality cause of the stigma associated with psychiatric illnesses. What explanation you want again?

7 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by TheBigUrban2: 6:00am On Jul 03, 2014
GogetterMD:
Dude could you please stop ranting? The post said the hospital already released a press statement stating the obvious, that Mubarak has psychiatric issues, and the only reason they refrain from releasing his diagnosis is for patient confidentiality cause of the stigma associated with psychiatric illnesses. What explanation you want again?

Bullsheit.

What difference does it make? Others already are saying that he is mad....telling them his diagnosis wont make a difference.

I can not accept that a person has mental issues when there is no diagnosis.

ALSO REMEMBER THAT ANOTHER DOCTOR HAD ALREADY SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM- ACCORDING TO SOME REPORTS

3 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by cannonnier(m): 6:08am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

SHUT UP.

you just dEy tell everybody make em shut Up angry you shut up Yourself

8 Likes

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by yousee(m): 6:09am On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

SHUT UP.

See wahala o! Family, you no gree, comments, you no gree, now doctors? You are here saying it could be false...nna, na wa o.

Na so e dey start fa...

1 Like

Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by yousee(m): 6:12am On Jul 03, 2014
Techwriter:
[size=18pt]The problem is that any Doctor who certifies him medically fit for renouncing Islam will be the next to be on detention.

I keep hearing that the Koran says there is no compulsion in religion and i wonder what about all the opposite cases that even a woman was sentenced to death for converting to Christianity. Someone would say its a competent court of law (like the competent doctor mentioned above)and they forgot that they are compelled by their faith to be biased in reasoning.

I keep hearing its a religion of peace but everyday people die in the name of Islam.

Muhammad, who you are speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you are saying[/size]
@5:55am, you should be brushing your teeth not ranting
Re: Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam by Techwriter: 6:13am On Jul 03, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.