Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? (936 Views)

The Era Of Indigenous Coach For The Super Eagles Is Over - Amaju Pinnick / South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Keshi Is The Best Indigenous Coach Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2014
NFA should opt for a foreign coach this time because there is presently no indigenous coach that would deliver more than Keshi.
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by steve10(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2014
Carlos queros is the man for the job if you ask me
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Rendezvou: NFA should opt for a foreign coach this time because there is presently no indigenous coach that would deliver more than Keshi.
Seconded!
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by halmeyd(m): 10:46am On Jul 01, 2014
Which yeye foreign coach? Sunday oliseh shld take over jor, #teamnoforeigncoach
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 10:52am On Jul 01, 2014
steve10: Carlos queros is the man for the job if you ask me

what are his outstanding football achievements. Lets start screening nominees here on NL
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 10:56am On Jul 01, 2014
halmeyd: Which yeye foreign coach? Sunday oliseh shld take over jor, #teamnoforeigncoach
Oliseh is a man I love n admire so much but I say a capital no to him on this. He is a gentleman; gentlemen no go fit do this job oo!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by halmeyd(m): 11:12am On Jul 01, 2014
Rendezvou:
Oliseh is a man I love n admire so much but I say a capital no to him on this. He is a gentleman; gentlemen no go fit do this job oo!
d guy had been longing 4 d job even b4 keshi waz employed nw,he said it sumtyms last year dat he would like to coach d eagles in future...D guy don get hin coaching certfificate tey-tey na,let him put it into use koz d certificate has started gatherin dust.
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
halmeyd:
d guy had been longing 4 d job even b4 keshi waz employed nw,he said it sumtyms last year dat he would like to coach d eagles in future...D guy don get hin coaching certfificate tey-tey na,let him put it into use koz d certificate has started gatherin dust.
He should start with the flying eagles with his Phd in Football Coaching.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by halmeyd(m): 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rendezvou:
He should start with the flying eagles with his Phd in Football Coaching.
d guy wants to start 4rm the biggest stage,he thinks it is easy....Maybe he has been playing too much football manager of late sha
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Bash92(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
steve10: Carlos queros is the man for the job if you ask me
Too defensive for my liking
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
Football coaching is not rocket science

the exact same squad that won AFCON for us would have got to Quater Final or even Semis

I dont understand Keshi's squad selection and why he was blind to the fact that some of the players he chose are not world cup material

However it must be said that in some ways we were unlucky. Echiejile's injury, Onazi's injury, Oboabona injury, These players are the heartbeat of the AFCON gold medalist. if they did not get injured our story would have been different.

That said NFF should stick to an indigenous coach. Lets start building for Russia 2018 from now! Lets look for another Nigerian coach to carry on the good job Keshi started. More youths and players home and abroad should be given a chance.
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ mikeansy pls list those persons you would like to recommend
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sunday Oliseh

Football is not rocket science. Let us appoint one of our own and let him build the team

At the end of the day whether we win the World Cup or not depends on the quality of players and the team we take to World cup

Carlos Queroz left in group stage, his team is not good enough

Vicente Del Bosque left in group stages because his players did not turn up

Ottmar Hitzeld and his Switzerland will not win the World Cup, his team simply not that good

No matter the manager you have they will not play on behalf of the players!
I want a Nigerian coach to carry on, otherwise we will never have a coach good enough.

We have a premier league in Nigeria, let's appoint one of the coaches of the local league if necessary

Mutui Adepoju is an ex international and currently a coach in our league. So too is Garba Lawal or Eguaveon

If we don't give Nigerian coaches a chance who will?
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by cheguevera: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
FRANK RIJKAARD FOR THE JOB
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Rendezvou: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ mikeansy- you have a good point but I personally don't think Oliseh will be able to instill discipline in the team. He appears too gentle for such role. For the others, do you think they would deliver more than Keshi?
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rendezvou: @ mikeansy- you have a good point but I personally don't think Oliseh will be able to instill discipline in the team. He appears too gentle for such role. For the others, do you think they would deliver more than Keshi?

Forget Oliseh good looks and clean jersey when he was a player. He is a stubborn idealist.

Personally I wish Keshi carry on and correct his mistakes but if he goes let's appoint another Nigerian coach and send him on coaching courses overseas if necessary and improve his scouting programme.

What we need is continuity and stability and a long term agenda targeted towards improving our own.

All these berti Vogts and lars lagerback we appointed what value did they add?
Re: Foreign Or Another Indigenous Coach After Keshi? by isalegan2: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
No country has ever won the World Cup with a foreign coach. Or did I miss that?

It is really "colonialistic" for any African to beg for a foreigner to come save us. Did we as a people just start playing football? WTF is wrong with you mofos?!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Glorification Of The Odemwingie! / FIFA Extends Deadline For Nigeria / Argentine President Didn't Watch Any Of D Nation's World Cup Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.