Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting (798 Views)

Jonathan Meets Buhari In Closed Door Meeting In Abuja ( Photo) / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting by feedthenation(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
“All I am telling is that Oyinlola in the face of the law remains the authentic secretary of the PDP.”

Perhaps buoyed by its performance in the Ekiti governorship election, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has begun moves to resolve the crisis in its Osun chapter with a view to winning the coming governorship election in the state.

As part of the strategy, President Goodluck Jonathan on ‎Tuesday held a closed-door meeting with a former Osun State governor, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Although the agenda of the meeting was not disclosed, PREMIUM TIMES learnt that it is part of efforts by Nigeria’s ruling PDP to win the August 9 governorship election in Osun.

The PDP’s candidate in the election, Iyiola‎ Omisore, is the major challenger to the incumbent governor, Rauf Aregbesola, of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Mr. Oyinlola was accompanied to Tuesday’s meeting by the National Chairman of the PDP, Adamu Muazu.

The former governor, who was controversially removed as National Secretary of the PDP, and is challenging his removal and eventual replacement in court, is believed to wield a major influence in Osun.

Mr. Oyinlola was a member of the New PDP which was formed when some PDP governors fell out with the former party chairman, Bamanga Tukur.

When the New PDP eventually merged with the APC, Mr. Oyinlola decided to remain in the PDP but to fight for his position.

Mr. Oyinlola, a known loyalist of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, is believed to have also been courted by the incumbent Osun governor.

While addressing journalists after Tuesday’s meeting, the Okuku-born politician and retired Brigadier General would not disclose details of his discussion with Mr. Jonathan, but said he was determined to reclaim his position as National Secretary of the PDP.

‎He said anyone occupying the office of the Secretary of the PDP is a pretender.

Mr. Oyinlola had after a PDP meeting on Monday said he was a rallying point to record victory for the party during the Osun governorship election and the 2015 general election.

“I was taken to the villa by the chairman of the party PDP, and we had some discussions as to how to move the fortunes of the party forward,” he said on Tuesday.

“All I am telling is that Oyinlola in the face of the law remains the authentic secretary of the PDP. Anybody in that office for now, is a pretender.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164215-%E2%80%8Eosun-election-jonathan-oyinlola-in-closed-door-meeting.html

I know eventually GEJ will start to beg all those people he has annoyed previously, next is OBJ.
It's all about the 2015 election.
Re: Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting by texaco1: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
One thing I have come to respect gej for is his sense of political timing. He knows when to fight and when to retreat all in order to achieve his goals and objectives

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting by Redoil: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
texaco1: One thing I have come to respect gej for is his sense of political timing. He knows when to fight and when to retreat all in order to achieve his goals and objectives
that is the hallmark of a wise and intelligent person
he also knew when to visit all the kings in nigeria and pay them their due respect.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting by Firefire(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
is ok
Re: Osun Election: Jonathan, Oyinlola In Closed-door Meeting by biafransoul: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
I know eventually GEJ will start to beg all those people he has annoyed previously, next is OBJ.
It's all about the 2015 election.

Gej beg? You better go and get your facts right. The last time I checked, it was Tinubu and other leaders of the political wing of boko haram (APC) that went to beg Oyinlola to join their evil party. Still wondering who in his/her right senses will associate or join the Janjaweedians

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

DETAILS: Why President Jonathan Remains Nigeria’s Number One Enemy – APC / NNPC Now Supplies Crude To Warri, PHC Refineries By Boats / Where Is Nigerian Vice President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.