Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? (1722 Views)

How Best Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pad / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by simiolu1(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
I woke up two days ago with a strong urge to defecate.
I proceeded to fetch water from the well & patiently waited for my female neighbor to come out of the toilet (My room shares a toilet with 2 other rooms).
When she came out, I entered the toilet & opened the toilet cover.
I was shocked to see her sanitary pad which she had just disposed into the toilet.
I was so annoyed that I went to another neighbors' room (which was a self-contain) to use his toilet.
Flushing the stuff inside the toilet causes blockage of d soak-away; I hav shouted several times but this lady wouldn't listen.

Which brings me to the question: what is the best way to dispose a sanitary pad?

Women on Nairaland, over to you?
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by krisCh(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
i don't knw, am a boy
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by simiolu1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
krisCh: i don't knw, am a boy
Thanks... But I wasn't asking "boys"
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by Gboliwe: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
simi_olu1: I woke up two days ago with a strong urge to defecate.
I proceeded to fetch water from the well & patiently waited for my female neighbor to come out of the toilet (My room shares a toilet with 2 other rooms).
When she came out, I entered the toilet & opened the toilet cover.
I was shocked to see her sanitary pad which she had just disposed into the toilet.
I was so annoyed that I went to another neighbors' room (which was a self-contain) to use his toilet.
Flushing the stuff inside the toilet causes blockage of d soak-away; I hav shouted several times but this lady wouldn't listen.

Which brings me to the question: what is the best way to dispose a sanitary pad?

Women on Nairaland, over to you?
Did she remove the nylon part of the pad? If she did, it won't block the sewage
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by simiolu1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
Gboliwe: Did she remove the nylon part of the pad? If she did, it won't block the sewage
I don't know o... I don't think that's something I want to inspect
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by santakris(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Gboliwe: Did she remove the nylon part of the pad? If she did, it won't block the sewage
Nawa for ur question o. How would he have known? grin grin
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by Gboliwe: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
santakris:
Nawa for ur question o. How would he have known? grin grin
by looking at it well tongue
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by simiolu1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
Gboliwe: by looking at it well tongue
Shuo! Look WELL at a used sanitary pad (with blood on it) that has been dumped in the toilet on a Sunday morning?
Chai!!!
Re: How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? by Gboliwe: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
simi_olu1:
Shuo! Look WELL at a used sanitary pad (with blood on it) that has been dumped in the toilet on a Sunday morning?
Chai!!!
Assuming it was dumped on a Friday evening, will it make any difference?

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Name Of This Sickness? / My Lupus Story – Help Solve Lupus Mystery! (Part 1) / This Sleep Paralysis Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.