Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* (2163 Views)

BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby / Photos: Wind Reveals Amber Rose's Bare Bum At BET Awards; Shares Passionate Kiss / Rick Ross & Young Jeezy Fight At BET Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by RealSleek(m): 3:09am On Jul 02, 2014
When I read earlier that tiwa savage and co will be performing at the BET awards,I jumped for joy- finally we are getting recognised this year. Bearing in mind that since all this years when tu-face ,dbanj and other african arts get invited to this events, its really rare to see them show in the main events of the awards.
But alas and alack, our very own tiwatope and sarkodie was doing their thing infront of less than hundred rent a crowd at the mini Bet event in an L.A event. This scenario reminds me about ice prince when he was surprisingly called out to collect his award in 2013, those black americans can't even pretend a little bit and show a brother love... undecided, the hall was as silent as a graveyard...its a disgraceful sight tho ice prince coulnt stop grinnin despite the fact that nobody gives a ratazz who he is (he's no lilwayne or kendricl lamar) ....what a shame!
My point is when will african artists stop appreciating this BET plastic award either given to africans stars seperatly n at times backstage as if we are compelling them to award us.such a category should be cancelled.BET really disrespects us.
Being african/black doesnt make you african american or an equal- isn't that what BET trying to prove indirectly?....
This is jst my own point of view.

Tundesleek

3 Likes

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by jeffizy(m): 3:28am On Jul 02, 2014
While I can admit that your observations are spot on, I will still like to offer a word of encouragement to the African artistes.
Being included in the award is a plus and I believe it will create more awareness for the African talents.
With time, they will start taking us serious.
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Tval(m): 5:42am On Jul 02, 2014
The video of Ice price being given his own award at the front of the crowd was edited, the hall was empty when he was given.

At your suggestion, they shouldn't cancel the category, there's still room for improvement, Africa artistes need to improve.
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by hatux: 6:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Where can I download the video please?
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by RealSleek(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2014
T-val:
The video of Ice price being given his own award at the front of the crowd was edited, the hall was empty when he was given.

At your suggestion, they shouldn't cancel the category, there's still room for improvement, Africa artistes need to improve.

It wasn't edited. Ice prince even called other nominees out from the crowd to receive the award with him

1 Like

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Black Americans are terrible when it comes to Segregation amongst other blacks yet, they are the first to cry foul when they are being racially discriminated.

Black Americans give the word "Ratchet" a run for its money. They are barely educated, classless and we are more Enlightened than Majority of the. I went to Mediatakeout.com to see how ratchet majority of them were looking on the BET red carpet, no wonder Tiwa decided it was cool to stoop to their level.

3 Likes

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
I AGREE.CALLING THEM TO RECEIVE THEIR AWARD BACKSTAGE OR WITH A WITH A EMPTY CROWD IS HIGLY DISRESPECTFULangry

AFRICAN MUSIC HAS COME A LONG WAY,OUR ARTISTS ARE GETTING MORE WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION AND THEY NEED TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT NOT AS IF THEY CAME TO BEG 4 THE AWARD angry

AFRICA HAS PRODUCED GREAT ARTISTS LIKE FELA,MIRIAM MAKEBA AND ANGELIQUE KIDJO.IMAGINE IF FELA WAS STILL ALIVE AND THEY CALLED HIM BACKSTAGE TO RECEIVE THE SO CALLED *BET AWARD* WOULD THAT NOT BE AN INSULT angry

SEVERAL AFRICAN ARTISTS HAVE WON BIGGER AWARDS LIKE THE GRAMMYS AND THEY WERE NEVER GIVEN BACKSTAGE OR IN A EMPTY HALL.SO WHY SHOULD BET AWARD WHICH IS NOT AS HIGHLY RATED AS THE GRAMMYS,TREAT THEM LIKE THAT

TOTAL CRAP angry

1 Like

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
kennygee: Black Americans are terrible when it comes to Segregation amongst other blacks yet, they are the first to cry foul when they are being racially discriminated.

Black Americans give the word "Ratchet" a run for its money. They are barely educated, classless and we are more Enlightened than Majority of the. I went to Mediatakeout.com to see how ratchet majority of them were looking on the BET red carpet, no wonder Tiwa decided it was cool to stoop to their level.
GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
You don't blame them. Nigerians don't know how to speak at such occasions u need to hear what davido was saying even the so called ice prince and nigerians where not the "only" africans there but trust us nau we want everyone to notice us.

I don't blame BET majority of the fans are not nigerian btwn do you watch awards show in nigeria? Dey don't even clap wen sum1 is going to receive an award but u r worried about BET.

B4 dey dint give africans award u guys cried now you are complaining.

1 Like

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by gistyinka(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Not every awards in BET were awarded on stage, even Beyonce, some times ago received from backstage..

Davido New Face of African Music
In may 2011, King of African Music was born. This is spotlight about history of Davido to stardom.

http://gistyinka.net/davido-new-face-african-music/

1 Like

Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by MrRenaissance: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Blacks complain of racism, not knowing we Blacks discriminate amongst ourselves. We hate each other. BET organisers treat us as second-hand citizens. Well, I see our African artistes getting cheered during these awards when we start singing 'sanely' not 'gibberish'. Imagine Wizkid screaming "ginger o.. ginger o" with L.A.X when called to perform. Dafuq is that? angry
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by RealSleek(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mr Renaissance: Blacks complain of racism, not knowing we Blacks discriminate amongst ourselves. We hate each other. BET organisers treat us as second-hand citizens. Well, I see our African artistes getting cheered during these awards when we start singing 'sanely' not 'gibberish'. Imagine Wizkid screaming "ginger o.. ginger o" with L.A.X when called to perform. Dafuq is that? angry

True....but I still believe dey cn deliver on stage gibberish or not....the audience won't understand either ways
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ms_Steph: You don't blame them. Nigerians don't know how to speak at such occasions u need to hear what davido was saying even the so called ice prince and nigerians where not the "only" africans there but trust us nau we want everyone to notice us.

I don't blame BET majority of the fans are not nigerian btwn do you watch awards show in nigeria? Dey don't even clap wen sum1 is going to receive an award but u r worried about BET.

B4 dey dint give africans award u guys cried now you are complaining.
Thank u very much. SECONDED
I thought i was the only one that noticed
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2014
RealSleek:

True....but I still believe dey cn deliver on stage gibberish or not....the audience won't understand either ways
just watch any show where any naija artist is performing. Only their entrance will make u throw up in your mouth
Re: Disgraceful BET Awards( Beneath The Gold Surface). *MUST READ* by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Werrin consign me? Btw where is xoxochick

(1) (Reply)

Fans Blasts BBA Host Ik's Wife Over Twitter Post. / Ice Prince Shares Rare Bedroom Selfie With His Hot Ghanaian Girlfriend / Ronaldo Named In Kim Kardashian’s Sex List (SEE Other Celebs On The List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.