Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop (19355 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Electricity Power Restoration Burnt Down His Wife's Shop And He Wants To Sue / Senator Saraki Humiliated On Prayer Ground With Shouts Of Ole...ole (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2014
I miss the chant. Its been very long I heard it. People in my area don't shout 'up nepa'. We r used to electricity supply. Lemme say 20hrs out of 24hrs everyday. Those 4 out-age hours are either in the mornin or midnight
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: I hope you were not programmed to become Shekau's by the same Nigeria.
Gbenu oshi sohun!
What has Shekau got to do with NEPA?
Its your type that GEJ's talking about.
Always quick to mention terrorists.
Last Bullet
Up NEPA is a thing that can be eradicated by training the upcoming generations not to say it & not to get too excited when the Power Holding Companies restore light.
But we can't blame people who scream up NEPA. It's frustrating to see the light taken away for long hours, some areas weeks or months. When its restored, people get relieved & happy. Hence the up NEPA thingy come out.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by begwong: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2014
HOW CAN I TELL MY 3 YEAR OLD CHILD WHO SHOUTS "UP NEPA" ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS TO STOP.
E NO GO POSSIBLE UNTIL POWER BECOMES STEADY MAY BE IN THE NEXT LIFE...lol!

4 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by luluosas(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2014
My dear it's like it is embedded in our psychology already. Imagine my three years old do shout 'nepa' whenever there's power supply, whether from my small gen or from the public supply. So, until Nigeria become a nation of regular power supply, don't expect the shout of nepa to die soon whenever power situation changes. God bless you.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Connoisseur(m): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: What I'm sincerely scared of is the possibility of it becoming generational to the extent that future generations might just continue the habit without meeting the dismantled corporation.

my 14months old twins know the slogan
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by t12tosin: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.

You are such a killjoy, why must it stop? Is it affecting you? If it is, why not relocate go Sao tome
Even if dem rename that usless power regulatory company to ur father name, na NEPA i go still dey call am, or you want all the curses that are due them come unto ur head? So guy watch am.

BTW na dia u dey work abi, stupid NEfA fifful...

Pu'ck NEfA all the way

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Chikasova(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=temzy babe]It is called reflex action.. Sometimes I only realize it after the deed has bn done.. Not our fault

Its indeed a reflex action. Anytime they restore the light,the only thing that comes out of my mouth is 'Ndi araaa' (Mad People)
cheesy
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Chikasova(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by alexleo(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.

Dont worry yourself. It will naturally stop when the epileptic power supply that brought about it is removed and replaced with constant power supply.

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tedrick4u: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2014
Lol it won't stop until we get constant light, I mean it's been ages since we have been promised stable power it's just so sad. cry. Just the other day I put on a rechargeable lamp in my living room and my neighbors 3 year old child hollard UP NEPA lol you won't blame him when he is used to d trend. Change is Needed oooooo

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by material988(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
lol.. It only can stop when nigeria starts experiencin constant power supply..

You hear more of this in our rural areas..

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Bagayouche: 8:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Why won't dey shout up nepa. When we rearly see light. I have not see light in egbeda shasha for long even at surulere or at d cantonement. Abeg if u work with those other companies tell dem to do something

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by emilo26(m): 9:09am On Jul 03, 2014
Op na for nairaland you wan stop the shout of up? Go out there, knock from door to door or better still carry a mega phone maybe you can make it more sophisticated by organizing a seminar or conference just to educate us on you thesis. Tag it *the shout of up nepa in the 21st century: a case study of nigerian people. i bet you while you are still delivering your lecture with Nepa current, they will do what they know how to do best and the chant will then start. Abeg leave up jare. *Sips a bottle of orijin*

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Hostermipo(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2014
that's what makes Nigeria interesting, and that's one of the things we would miss Nigeria for when we travel out.............. I think in this saying alone, all Nigeria are united. Ope ooo, up nepa
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Bigsteveg(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.

Chai, u remind me of my neighbours, mama nkechi's children....dey sabi fool person eh, funny enough dey can do is several times within dat time interval and u'll still be fooled, we don suffer for 9ja o. Darris God sha
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Bigsteveg(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.

Chai, u remind me of my neighbours, mama nkechi's children....dey sabi fool person eh, funny enough dey can do is several times within dat time interval and u'll still be fooled, we don suffer for 9ja o. Darris God sha..
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by killzone(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2014
Guy that's naija for u its already part of us don't think we can't stop besides I also love it
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by clerkent(m): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2014

bro if You are in my comunity that never see light for 3months going to 4.omo anyday you see light you go folow me shout UP NEEPAAAAAAA!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by wizard01(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2014
It will stop when there is constant power supply because in an environment where there is constant power supply, you barely hear Dat.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Pamperme: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2014
I started making an effort to stop shouting: UP NEPA, the day my 2 year old shouted UP NEPA in the Church!

Everyone was quiet as the Priest continued the homily, apparently, they switched to Gen only for my son to shout UP NEPA, everyone was just laughing including the Priest but i was so embarrassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2014
many illitrate delusional nigerians should stop this habbit as a matter of urgency period.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2014
illiterate is a sin of your father
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2014

Stop what Ogbeni, park well o!
Dont ever think it can be stopped till Jesus comes cos its already in our blood as Naijas.... No matter how d name Nepa is being changed, Nepa will still remain NEPA.cheesy
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Rich4god: The first things most infant learn in Nigeria is shouting NEPA whenever the light comes on/off... Whether na gen, phcn or somebody switch on/off, dem go still shout NEPA... Me thinks it run in the blood...

*kisses* A 100 likes for you dear.
Pls, help me tell dem hw it can be stopped wen every child has digested d 'Up Nepa mentality' right from infancy.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by chucky234(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

It will die out the day we have constant electricity.....and not before then.
Legendary
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Chrisx1x(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2014
yokiti: People have been shouting this before the new millenium and I hope "America will know" when it will stop.
NEPA: Never Expect Power Atall
PHCN: Problem Has Changed Name
Naija; shouting up NEPA since 1980!
chai,see creativity
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Aitee1: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2014
The Op is highly related to Patrick Obahiagbon grin
Dygeasy: OP, I'm disappointed.

With all the grammar you just blew here, you're actually this chronically superstitious? lipsrsealed

You're the one who's been Chronologically set back not us the super fans of NEPA. grin
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Rich4god(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2014
Segirl18:

*kisses* A 100 likes for you dear.
Pls, help me tell dem hw it can be stopped wen every child has digested d 'Up Nepa mentality' right from infancy.
*blushing....*

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by oladele17: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Chairman stop being too 'OYINBOISH'. Wake up to reality. This is naija mom amie.

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by engrzion(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2014
DELSU POST UTME 2014/2015 SESSION

JOIN THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY STUDENTS

EVERYONE HAS ATTESTED TO THE FACT THAT OUR SERVICES REMAIN IMPECABLE.
WE ARE DELTA'S BEST FORMS PROCESSING CENTER.

The best place to buy and process your 2014 POST UTME FORMS FOR
DELSU is D'ZION EDUCATION CENTER WARRI, DELTA STATE

ADDRESS: 111 AIRPORT ROAD OPPOSITE DSTV OFFICE
HOTLINE: 08137506467

https://www.facebook.com/dzioneducationcenter?ref=hl#
TWITTER: @zionoshiobugie

N.B. FOR ALL THOSE OUTSIDE DELTA STATE, WE ARE COMMITED TO HELP YOU
PROCESS THE FORMS AND SEND IT TO YOU VIA ANY TRANSPORT LINE OR VIA
EMAIL TO YOUR RESPECTIVE STATES AND LOCATION

....YOU MUST GET YOUR ADMISSION THIS YEAR!!!!.......
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Hostermipo(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2014
Pamperme: I started making an effort to stop shouting: UP NEPA, the day my 2 year old shouted UP NEPA in the Church!

Everyone was quiet as the Priest continued the homily, apparently, they switched to Gen only for my son to shout UP NEPA, everyone was just laughing including the Priest but i was so embarrassed embarassed embarassed
lolzzzzzz
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
I thought this thread was a joke, but OP seems serious. You don't have better things to worry about?

How about you campaign for constant light instead of against shouting "Up NEPA"? Wouldn't that make more sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mega Party Eyes EndSARS Movement, To Consult Jega, Others / Anambra Primaries: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues PDP [video] / Buhari Will Hand Over To ANN In 2019, Party Assures Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.