Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? (2452 Views)

What Symptoms Are You Experiencing That You Feel Like Sharing? / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! / Reasons Why You Should Sleep Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
I have been suffering from this condition since I was 6 years old.As I sleep,I find myself suddenly semi awake, not able to move or shout.As I googled this phenomenon they seem to make light of it by denying the spiritual side to it,calling it sleep paralysis and is a result of the way I layed on the bed bla blah..!I do feel this evil presence and only when I manage to call the name of JESUS do I feel relief.Anyone else ever experience such
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by shakazuldadon: 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
I used to have that kind of thing some years back. Its hard to say the cause but i beleive its a spirituaal attack, like some kinda force pressing you down when you want to get up. It might also be some kinda of stimuli like your brain bursts alive but your body dosent act as fast so u feel d weight. Pray about it and also fast.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by phantomm: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....yeah in our society its regarded as a spiritual attack. i dont think so.it happens to me alot and i think its the generalized hypotonia that occurs during sleep thats part responsible. a part of your brain is already awake while the part that controls your muscles is still basically asleep.thats my best explanation. grin grin
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by shakazuldadon: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
Leave that thing u dey talk... if that thing hold u for 3-5 mins, na go be that ooo... direct express to up or down or 72 virgi..
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks man.well said.
shakazul da don: I used to have that kind of thing some years back. Its hard to say the cause but i beleive its a spirituaal attack, like some kinda force pressing you down when you want to get up. It might also be some kinda of stimuli like your brain bursts alive but your body dosent act as fast so u feel d weight. Pray about it and also fast.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Bro thanks for your input but I am more than convince it's spiritual.
phantomm: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....yeah in our society its regarded as a spiritual attack. i dont think so.it happens to me alot and i think its the generalized hypotonia that occurs during sleep thats part responsible. a part of your brain is already awake while the part that controls your muscles is still basically asleep.thats my best explanation. grin grin
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by temi4fash(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
I tink its more of sprirtual than physical.. Pls pray yoke destroying prayers and fast too... God will give you victory in Jesus name... And wat kind of dreams do u have...
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by kandeyc(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2014
Im sure TCMs can help your conditions. 100% Natural. You'll pee them away.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2014
Horrible deams.like y'day, semi awake I heard humming, buzzing sound on ears and call on Jesus the sound stoped and some how I felt the evil presence depart.
temi4fash: I tink its more of sprirtual than physical.. Pls pray yoke destroying prayers and fast too... God will give you victory in Jesus name... And wat kind of dreams do u have...
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2014
And how do I get it.
kandeyc: Im sure TCMs can help your conditions. 100% Natural. You'll pee them away.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by temi4fash(m): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2014
Injera: Horrible deams.like y'day, semi awake I heard humming, buzzing sound on ears and call on Jesus the sound stoped and some how I felt the evil presence depart.
bros its a spiritual thingy... If dat is wat u experience... Try find better church go and do deliverance... And I can't guarantee u victory will by urs... If I can recommend go prayer city or go and buy prayer rain by DR D.K Olukoya. Check the sections their and find the one dat deals ur case and pray them well though it will require u to fast.. And u will c changes in Jesus name...
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by geniewilliams(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. It is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions, such as an intruder in the room, to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed to be a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation. When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neurological sleep disorder narcolepsy.The two major classifications of sleep paralysis are isolated sleep paralysis (ISP) and recurrent isolated sleep paralysis (RISP). Of these two types, ISP is much more common than RISP. ISP episodes are infrequent and of short duration, approximately one minute. Sleep paralysis might even only occur once in an individual's lifetime.As the name suggests, recurrent isolated sleep paralysis is a chronic condition. The individual suffers from frequent episodes throughout their lifetime.[2] One of the major differences between ISP and RISP is duration. RISP episodes can last for up to an hour or longer, and have a much higher occurrence of perceived out of body experiences—while ISP episodes are generally short (usually no longer than one minute) and are typically associated with the intruder and incubus hallucinations. RISP episodes can, however, persist for up to half an hour.[2] With RISP the individual can also suffer back to back episodes of sleep paralysis in the same night while this is unlikely in individuals who suffer from

It can be difficult to differentiate between cataplexy brought on by narcolepsy and true sleep paralysis, because the two phenomena are physically indistinguishable.[2] The best way to differentiate between the two is to note when the attacks occur most often. Narcolepsy attacks are more common when the individual is falling asleep; ISP and RISP attacks are more common on awakenin
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thank ve..ry much.How do I go about deliverance?
temi4fash: bros its a spiritual thingy... If dat is wat u experience... Try find better church go and do deliverance... And I can't guarantee u victory will by urs... If I can recommend go prayer city or go and buy prayer rain by DR D.K Olukoya. Check the sections their and find the one dat deals ur case and pray them well though it will require u to fast.. And u will c changes in Jesus name...
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thanks
geniewilliams: Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. It is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions, such as an intruder in the room, to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed to be a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation. When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neurological sleep disorder narcolepsy.The two major classifications of sleep paralysis are isolated sleep paralysis (ISP) and recurrent isolated sleep paralysis (RISP). Of these two types, ISP is much more common than RISP. ISP episodes are infrequent and of short duration, approximately one minute. Sleep paralysis might even only occur once in an individual's lifetime.As the name suggests, recurrent isolated sleep paralysis is a chronic condition. The individual suffers from frequent episodes throughout their lifetime.[2] One of the major differences between ISP and RISP is duration. RISP episodes can last for up to an hour or longer, and have a much higher occurrence of perceived out of body experiences—while ISP episodes are generally short (usually no longer than one minute) and are typically associated with the intruder and incubus hallucinations. RISP episodes can, however, persist for up to half an hour.[2] With RISP the individual can also suffer back to back episodes of sleep paralysis in the same night while this is unlikely in individuals who suffer from

It can be difficult to differentiate between cataplexy brought on by narcolepsy and true sleep paralysis, because the two phenomena are physically indistinguishable.[2] The best way to differentiate between the two is to note when the attacks occur most often. Narcolepsy attacks are more common when the individual is falling asleep; ISP and RISP attacks are more common on awakenin
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by phantom(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nigerians will spiritualise every damn thing. that's why a woman will be in labour for 3 days at a prayer house because they think its a demonic attack (since it is biblical to have a normal delivery like the Hebrew woman ) but eventually ends up on the doctors operating table in the teaching hospital with a ruptured uterus.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by Injera(f): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
My bro!It is not as you think o..Remember that this is Africa!
phantom: Nigerians will spiritualise every damn thing. that's why a woman will be in labour for 3 days at a prayer house because they think its a demonic attack (since it is biblical to have a normal delivery like the Hebrew woman ) but eventually ends up on the doctors operating table in the teaching hospital with a ruptured uterus.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by phantom(m): 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: My bro!It is not as you think o..Remember that this is Africa!
leave that thing.we Africans are backward in everything. epilepsy used to be called a spiritual attack until people started carrying out researches and found out that indeed a multitude of things can cause it.
Re: Anybody Else Experiencing Sleep Paralaysis? by temi4fash(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: Thank ve..ry much.How do I go about deliverance?
Go to prayer city on a monday morning fasting.. Its usually for 4 days.. Monday to thursday night.. Or 3rd friday dai do weekend deliverance.. Hold money to pay for accomodation..

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Heart-symptoms Of Heart Attacks And Lifestyle Modificatn To Help U Adapt / 6 Simple Ways To Help Your Vagina Smell Good / Pls Doctors In The House I Need Your Help . Herb Sellers Pls Stay Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.