Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate (2321 Views)

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / EFCC's charges against former Police Inspector-General Tafa Balogun (FYI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by idumuose(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
A mild uproar broke out at the National Conference on Wednesday following a threat by former Assistant Inspector-General of Police, AIG, Ibrahim Ahmed, to arrest a delegate from Edo State, Chris Agbonwanegbe, for challenging the census figure of Northern Nigeria.

Mr. Agbonwanegbe, who was contributing to the report of the Conference Committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government, had challenged the census figures bandied by states in the North.

He called on delegates to address the injustice that led to the creation of more states and local governments in the North as against what is obtainable in the South.

Mr. Agbonwanegbe made a specific reference to the disparity in the number of local governments in Kano and Lagos states.

He argued that while Lagos has the highest number of people in Nigeria, it has only 20 local government areas, while Kano with a lower population has 44.

As the Edo delegate was addressing the Conference, his Northern counterparts shouted and rebuked him for daring to challenge the population of Kano.

But Mr. Agbonwanegbe stood his ground and insisted that sustainable development would continue to elude the country if steps are not taken to conduct reliable census to gather data for national planning and development.

He, however, lamented that Nigeria does not have the capacity to conduct a free and credible census, and suggested that the United Nations, UN, be invited to conduct census for the country.

He noted that if the UN is allowed to conduct a credible census, the country would have correct figures that would finally put the long years of population disparity to rest.

Mr. Agbonwanegbe said, “I did my National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, programme in the North. So, I know what I saw during my service years. I can authoritatively tell you that there is injustice in this country.

“How can a state like Katsina or Kano have more local government areas than Lagos which has the highest population? It is obvious that there is injustice and this should be addressed.

“From previous censuses we have had, it is obvious that Nigeria cannot conduct a credible census. We need to invite the United Nations to help us in conducting a census that will be accepted by everyone and finally put the argument about the region with the highest number to a rest.”

Mr. Agbonwanegbe’s submission did not go down well with many delegates from the North who almost threw caution to the wind in a bid to stop him from speaking further on the matter.

While the Northern delegates screamed and raised a point of order to stop the Edo delegate from continuing to speak, Conference Chairman, Idris Kutigi, ignored them.

But the former AIG, Mr. Ahmed who could not hold back his anger flouted the rule of the house by screaming, “Arrest him! Arrest him now!”

Mr. Ahmed remained on his feet shouting, thereby polarizing the Conference along Northern and Southern lines.

While the delegates raved and ranted, another Kano delegate, Junaid Mohammed, went and met with Mr. Agbonwanegbe and two of them walked out of the chamber, holding hands and talking.

As the duo were leaving the chamber, some Northern delegates castigated Mr. Kutigi for refusing to stop the Edo delegate from challenging the population of Kano State.

Not long after, former governor of Ogun State, Segun Osoba, re-echoed the position of Mr. Agbonwanegbe and called for the reversal of the injustice he said characterized the number of local government councils in some parts of the country.

Mr. Osoba drew attention to Lagos State, which he said contributes more than 80 per cent to the nation’s Value Added Tax, VAT, yet does not have the required number of local government areas unlike states in the North.

“The era of trying to manipulate census figure is over. With the help of Google, we can now get the number of people in a particular area. We can use that to conduct our census. I do not subscribe to the fact that the United Nations should conduct our census for us.”

‎​http://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/164280-uproar-at-confab-as-former-police-aig-threatens-to-arrest-delegate.html

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
honestly before I opened the thread I bet with my self that the so called a.i.g must be from the north and the victim from the south. that mentality is in their blood.

5 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by luvinhubby(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
Until we learn to stop standing the truth on it`s head out of ethnic or tribal sentiments, we will continue to stumble as a nation in the process of development.

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Jbenue: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Haha how do you use google to conduct census.......But ya the North is not nearly as populated as it claims

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by idumuose(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
‎​​
But the former AIG, Mr. Ahmed who could not hold back his anger flouted the rule of the house by screaming, “Arrest him! Arrest him now!”
‎​​grin grin‎​​grin grin

And what has the north achieved?Liars

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Redoil: 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
This stu.pid former AIG thaught that the edo delegate is one of his Yoruba slave not knowing that the delegate is a free born son from edo state the big heart.

12 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by otokx(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Each time we fly across Nigeria and over the Northern states it is so clear that they cannot be so many. The ecosystem just cannot support them.

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by idumuose(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
4bobo: honestly before I opened the thread I bet with my self that the so called a.i.g must be from the north and the victim from the south. that mentality is in their blood.
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by htconeline: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Arrest him arrest him" hahahhhhhhaaa
Funny how nahma think
cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
Reminds me of when obasanjo told the british police man arrest former gov of bayelsa shouting on the phone (hold him o! Hold him o o o )

2 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by idumuose(m): 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
luvinhubby: Until we learn to stop standing the truth on it`s head out of ethnic or tribal sentiments, we will continue to stumble as a nation in the process of development.
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 03, 2014
All these aboki people sef. Dem don nack forehead for ground sotay their brain don dislocate. Tufia.

3 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by OmoLisabi(m): 2:51am On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: This stu.pid former AIG thaught that the edo delegate is one of his Yoruba slave not knowing that the delegate is a free born son from edo state the big heart.
This is the kind of mentality that got you Yheebos into trouble in 67. You are always after the humiliation of Yorubas who are the only one that have never slaughtered you chest beaters in droves for suya.

4 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Enahi(f): 6:00am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: This is the kind of mentality that got you Yheebos into trouble in 67. You are always after the humiliation of Yorubas who are the only one that have never slaughtered you chest beaters in droves for suya.
You are an illiterate guess you weren't taught history in School. Edos are not Igbos. Olodo.

7 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by PenSniper: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: This stu.pid former AIG thaught that the edo delegate is one of his Yoruba slave not knowing that the delegate is a free born son from edo state the big heart.

A display of crass bigotry from a typical biafraudian. You apes are wont to refer to the Yoruba as cowards and slaves of the north but never profer any cogent fact to support the claim. But consider the following- The north denied MKO his mandate and the Yoruba single-handedly fought them to surrender inspite of the timid Chukwumerijes who pandered to them against us. They went on their knees to beg us with the presidency. The only time the north mistakenly killed Yorubas in Kano and Obasanjo said Yorubas should go back home, we chose to relatiate in Shagamu rather than running home and their leaders sued for peace. But each time they slaughter yheebos in the north, their ezes would shout and run to the hausas on their knees begging them to sheath their swords. They slaughtered you in '66, you fled home and they pursued you to your caves to continue the slaughter only for the Yoruba to rescue you and pummelled you to surrender. Since the currrent national conference commenced, i've observed that only delegates from the SW and SS have spoken without fear or favour against the over-bearing attitudes of the north while SE delegates have always spoken sheepishly like houseboys who are afraid of looking their masters in the face. When some SW delegates addressed a press conference in Lagos debunking northern assertion on state creation and the funding of oil exploration in the SS threatening the Yoruba would disengage from nigeria if regionalism,was not allowed, did you not observe the direction of events at the confab ? All this while those from the SE, who were the subjects of the northern document kept mute. Finally, the chief murderer of Gideon Akaluka is well know but the typical representative of sheepish yheebos, Rochas Okorocha, their most popular politician made sure he was the first person to pay homage (worship) emir Sanusi even before any kano indegine to BEG him not to unleash his hordes on the cowed yheeboos. These are facts of history and not fables that are your stock in trade. See your moronic and shameless life ? When intelligent people are debating issues, half illiterate bigots like you should keep quiet and learn because you are yet deseased. You turned a good debate to tribal hatred like a nahma that caused the debate in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Useless Edo that has no place in Nigeria. The state of the lunatics!
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by OmoLisabi(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2014
Fufuhead, face front
Enahi: You are an illiterate guess you weren't taught history in School. Edos are not Igbos. Olodo.
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by kokoA(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2014
Arrest him! Arrest him!! Arrest him oooooo!!! grin Naija don turn comedy film ooo.
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:42am On Jul 03, 2014
NIGERIA is a one fat lie
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by zendy: 8:07am On Jul 03, 2014
@Pensniper. Yet it is this same Igbos that fought a war against the rest of Nigeria to be free. It is this same Igbos that want to opt out of Nigeria and you westerners are crying blue murder! Don't get it twisted,the difference between bravery and cowardice is the ability to step into the unknown. Something you western 'one Nigeria' lovers don't know anything about. Back to topic,I was born in the north and I can say that they have used their phantom population figures to rip where they didn't sow . It's so unfortunate for northerners because I think they are starting to realise that the true economic powers in Nigeria are southern Nigerians and they will never catch up. The military is never coming back to restore them back to power.

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by owobokiri(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2014
It is obvious that these northerners have read the default psyche of the average southern poklitician so well and are now employing some funny antics to more or less bamboozle their ways to their goals. . Since the end of the war, average northerners are seen as savage vandals untamed by their absolute lack both home training and non contact with quality formal education. This appraisal, is always employed when northern contingent in the army makes any contact with southerner. . Now, well aware of this 'fear', you have some empty, fat belleid ex this and ex that threatening to arrest their chi when the only force they now control is their platoons of hagard harems! Funny things! I hope some southern politicians can find ways to force fed these haughty upstRts with that life savinv food called humility!
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2014
Lilliput, don't incite tribal war please
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Enahi(f): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: Fufuhead, face front
ODE dumb and empty brain.

2 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Enahi(f): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2014
tpacalipse: Useless Edo that has no place in Nigeria. The state of the lunatics!
Are you jealous of Edo people? We are the pride of Naija,your history is not complete without us.

1 Like

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Will the issues raised in this confab still be debated at the National Assembly?

If it is, then all its a wasted effort because I don't see a National Assembly dominated by the same Northerners voting in favour of any motion to destablise the current arrangement.
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Mabaleosi(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2014
The best way to go in this country is DIVISION. Justice can never be achieved in nigeria because the north has somuch enjoy superiority that they can not affort to bend down again
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by dustydee: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Is the creation of Local government based on the population of the state, size of the state or both?
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by bright8(m): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
PenSniper:

A display of crass bigotry from a typical biafraudian. You apes are wont to refer to the Yoruba as cowards and slaves of the north but never profer any cogent fact to support the claim. But consider the following- The north denied MKO his mandate and the Yoruba single-handedly fought them to surrender inspite of the timid Chukwumerijes who pandered to them against us. They went on their knees to beg us with the presidency. The only time the north mistakenly killed Yorubas in Kano and Obasanjo said Yorubas should go back home, we chose to relatiate in Shagamu rather than running home and their leaders sued for peace. But each time they slaughter yheebos in the north, their ezes would shout and run to the hausas on their knees begging them to sheath their swords. They slaughtered you in '66, you fled home and they pursued you to your caves to continue the slaughter only for the Yoruba to rescue you and pummelled you to surrender. Since the currrent national conference commenced, i've observed that only delegates from the SW and SS have spoken without fear or favour against the over-bearing attitudes of the north while SE delegates have always spoken sheepishly like houseboys who are afraid of looking their masters in the face. When some SW delegates addressed a press conference in Lagos debunking northern assertion on state creation and the funding of oil exploration in the SS threatening the Yoruba would disengage from nigeria if regionalism,was not allowed, did you not observe the direction of events at the confab ? All this while those from the SE, who were the subjects of the northern document kept mute. Finally, the chief murderer of Gideon Akaluka is well know but the typical representative of sheepish yheebos, Rochas Okorocha, their most popular politician made sure he was the first person to pay homage (worship) emir Sanusi even before any kano indegine to BEG him not to unleash his hordes on the cowed yheeboos. These are facts of history and not fables that are your stock in trade. See your moronic and shameless life ? When intelligent people are debating issues, half illiterate bigots like you should keep quiet and learn because you are yet deseased. You turned a good debate to tribal hatred like a nahma that caused the debate in the first place.

Tale told by an 1diot full of sound and fury signifying zilch!!!

3 Likes

Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by shizzle11(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
gone are those days when these northerners run the show at will, their time is up
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by awodman: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
No wonder they are fighting tooth & nail to occupy Aso Rock come 2015...so that they can continue( & even make more bogus) this lie...

We need to shine our eyes in this country...without an accurate demographic data we ain't going anywhere...You know this data is what determines FAAC allocation...determines state creation etc...and this people are just bent on maintaining the status quo
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Redoil: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Enahi: Are you jealous of Edo people? We are the pride of Naija,your history is not complete without us.
osioshi avu dashi
Re: ‎​uproar At Confab As Former Police AIG Threatens To Arrest Delegate by Enahi(f): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: osioshi avu dashi
What does that mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!! How Can I Find My Way To Government House Alausa Ikeja / How The Bigwigs Describe Jonathan's Presidency / Deputy Speaker Ihedioha,escape As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Owerri(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.