Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Reps Recommend 42.5mpa Grade Cement To Check Building Collapse - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reps Recommend 42.5mpa Grade Cement To Check Building Collapse (632 Views)

Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reps Recommend 42.5mpa Grade Cement To Check Building Collapse by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
[b]The House of Representatives has recommended the usage of 42.5mpa grade cement for standard
construction works in Nigeria.
Federal lawmakers say the recommended 42.5mpa grade cement is less susceptible to misapplication
compared to 32.5mpa.
The House took the decision on Wednesday(july 02,2014) after adopting the report of Hon. Yakubu Dogara-led
investigation into the high incidence of collapsed buildings in the country.
The adopted report urged the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) to ensure that all cement
manufacturers in Nigeria retool and upgrade their production lines to start producing the 42.5mpa grade
within a reasonable time.
It also recommended that government should create a cement fund from contributions of N10 per 50kg bag
of cement produced in Nigeria and N20 only per 50kg of imported cement for the establishment of state-of-
the-art laboratories in all the geo-political zones within the period of three years.
The report said the fund should be managed by a task force to be set up by SON, the Council for the
Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), the Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) and
the Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB).
The lawmakers also recommended that the passage of the National Building Code Bill should be expedited
and strictly enforced when passed into law to check quackery, use of substandard building materials and
to serve as a tool for the regulation of the informal downstream sector of the industry.
Other recommendations are that all cement packages must clearly and boldly indicate their grades, uses
and expiry dates with tamper proofing on the packages to guard against repackaging by middlemen; SON
should ensure that all cement distributions withdraw expired cement from their warehouses and markets
and destroy them.

Cheers
Samuel.[/b]

source:qwikgist.com/reps-recommend-42-5mpa-grade-cement-to-check-building-collapse/?related_posts_page=3

1 Like

Re: Reps Recommend 42.5mpa Grade Cement To Check Building Collapse by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 10, 2014
[size=60pt]I give glory to God for counting me among the living today and praise his holy name as I ADD ONE YEAR TO MY AGE.

MY BIRTHDAY IS TODAY.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

2 bedroom flat / Mr Biggs With A Spacious Hall Upstairs / Set Of Settee For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.