Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face (839 Views)

Africa Needs Atheism But It Will Never Happen | I Hate Muslims / Adeyeye-Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife To Face EFCC / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by CongoleseQueen: 12:18am On Jul 03, 2014
Are we going to keep pretending it doesn't exist within our regions or accept it exists and find a way to deal with it?

I am tired of seeing homosexuals being treated like animals and being jailed. I am Christian. I believe in God. If we are going to go with the homosexuality is a sin approach, how did Jesus treat sinners? Additionally, aren't we all sinner? What makes our sins better than theirs?

According to the Bible, divorce, unless due to extramarital affairs, is a sin?

Do you know that once you are divorced, you can't remarry because it is a sin?

African men are marrying multiple women -- when the Bible says a man is to have one wife, who is stoning them? Who is throwing them in prison? Who is killing them?

You don't have to agree with homosexuals and how they choose to live their lives, but why treat them like outcasts? That is so cruel!

Instead of trying to play God by deciding their fate, why not pray for them?

#ProgressiveAfrica
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by derrick333(m): 12:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Isn't stealin ,rapin n killin sin? So de shud b Scot free cus we all r sinners?? Bro ,b4 God mayb all sin r equall nt b4 man o ,u sabi bible well well o ,u Neva read reach sodom n gomorah??
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by CongoleseQueen: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2014
derrick333: Isn't stealin ,rapin n killin sin? So de shud b Scot free cus we all r sinners?? Bro ,b4 God mayb all sin r equall nt b4 man o ,u sabi bible well well o ,u Neva read reach sodom n gomorah??

Point of correction, rapists, thieves and murderers are in prison because they committed crimes against the law. If people were arrested for committing a sin, all of us would be in jail.

Homosexuality is not a crime against the law. You want to talk about Sodom and Gomorrah? But ignore the fact that sex before marriage is a sin. Why aren't you asking that fornicators be thrown in prison?

I am afraid to break it down to you, but in the eyes of God, you are not better than the homosexual, murderer, liar, fornicator etc. In God's eyes all sins are equal.

I am not here for a religious argument. I am simply standing up for human rights and a progressive Africa. No person should be killed for choosing to live their lives as they please. Homosexuals aren't hurting anyone by living their lives. Just like fornicators aren't hurting anyone by having sex before marriage. Live and let live!

#ProgressiveAfrica
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by derrick333(m): 4:54am On Jul 03, 2014
CongoleseQueen:

Point of correction, rapists, thieves and murderers are in prison because they committed crimes against the law. If people were arrested for committing a sin, all of us would be in jail.

Homosexuality is not a crime against d law ? Homosexuals aren't hurting anyone by living their lives. Just like fornicators aren't hurting anyone by having sex before marriage. Live and let live!

#ProgressiveAfrica
. O boy u funni die! 9jà gvmnt jus sign it2bill n u r sayin is nt a crime against d law?in 9jà homosexualism is a crminal ofence! N again u talk abt hotin no body, wt do u tink wil b d out com of does yung kids de wil adopt?cus forsure de cnt gv birth, de is diversity in blives,homo is so worst dat its d only tin ,all religion kickt against ,oboy if u need more reason y u shud stay away from such practice? Hit me up n I will gv u 99reasons
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by CongoleseQueen: 5:33am On Jul 03, 2014
derrick333: . O boy u funni die! 9jà gvmnt jus sign it2bill n u r sayin is nt a crime against d law?in 9jà homosexualism is a crminal ofence! N again u talk abt hotin no body, wt do u tink wil b d out com of does yung kids de wil adopt?cus forsure de cnt gv birth, de is diversity in blives,homo is so worst dat its d only tin ,all religion kickt against ,oboy if u need more reason y u shud stay away from such practice? Hit me up n I will gv u 99reasons

English please.
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by derrick333(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2014
Jus notice u ar nt a nigerian(9jà)well in Nigeria homosexualism has bin pass to law its a criminal ofence dat attract 14yrs imprisonment. , and again u said ,they(homo) shud b allow. To liv there lives cus de hot nobody, my dear ,wat do you tink will hapen to the yung kids de wil adopt,cus for sure de can giv birth , there's diversity in religious bliv, but homo is the only tin all religion kick against, so my dear ,if u stil want more reasons why u shud stay away from such. Practices,vhit me up ,AMA giv you 99reasons, perception
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by PAPAAFRICA: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Homosexuality made illegal in Nigeria, mean while your power is still out. Lol.
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by CongoleseQueen: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
derrick333: Jus notice u ar nt a nigerian(9jà)well in Nigeria homosexualism has bin pass to law its a criminal ofence dat attract 14yrs imprisonment. , and again u said ,they(homo) shud b allow. To liv there lives cus de hot nobody, my dear ,wat do you tink will hapen to the yung kids de wil adopt,cus for sure de can giv birth , there's diversity in religious bliv, but homo is the only tin all religion kick against, so my dear ,if u stil want more reasons why u shud stay away from such. Practices,vhit me up ,AMA giv you 99reasons, perception

Why aren't we fighting against fornication and adultery the same way? African men continue to marry multiple women in the name of culture. Isn't that wrong as well? Isn't that a bad example for young people as well?
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by CongoleseQueen: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
PAPA AFRICA: Homosexuality made illegal in Nigeria, mean while your power is still out. Lol.

Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by derrick333(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
CongoleseQueen:

Why aren't we fighting against fornication and adultery the same way? African men continue to marry multiple women in the name of culture. Isn't that wrong as well? Isn't that a bad example for young people as well?
. U dnt compare same sex wit ani of does stuff uv listed ,so culture or religion dnt discriminat dem but same sex? All ethnic groups ,religion n culture does
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by anonymous6(f): 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
CongoleseQueen: Are we going to keep pretending it doesn't exist within our regions or accept it exists and find a way to deal with it?

I am tired of seeing homosexuals being treated like animals and being jailed. I am Christian. I believe in God. If we are going to go with the homosexuality is a sin approach, how did Jesus treat sinners? Additionally, aren't we all sinner? What makes our sins better than theirs?

According to the Bible, divorce, unless due to extramarital affairs, is a sin?

Do you know that once you are divorced, you can't remarry because it is a sin?

African men are marrying multiple women -- when the Bible says a man is to have one wife, who is stoning them? Who is throwing them in prison? Who is killing them?

You don't have to agree with homosexuals and how they choose to live their lives, but why treat them like outcasts? That is so cruel!

Instead of trying to play God by deciding their fate, why not pray for them?

#ProgressiveAfrica

I don't think africans pretend it doesn't exist, The fact is majority of Africans personally whether it's cause of religion or social issues and etc don't agree with the practice which you have mentioned. For me I don't agree with it but I don't hate them however I am neutral when it comes to how each african government handles it, and I feel that's how most africans feel when addressing the issue. So as a result, at this point of time, most africans accepts it exist but many either don't agree with it and stay passive with it or many don't agree with it and are completely against it, which is how many governments are responding to it. Although that's the case their are some africans against this, and they either try to speak against it and get hurt or some which is the trend I have seen in the media leave the country entirely, which I don't blame them. So in a way you answered your own question.

The way I see it, some societies accept homosexuality and are against polygamy(western world) and some societies accept polygamy and are against homosexuality(Africa, Middle East). However it is becoming and has become a grey area cause with in some of those societies your seeing in some segments of those societies go against it.
Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by BarryX(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is a stale argument that has been done and dusted in Nigerian laws and Ugandan laws too I suppose.
14 years in the gallows await any culprit.

If you're trying to argue FOR homosexuality and its spin-offs, be Clear about it.
But you trying to argue it using "sinners and non-sinners religious angle to buttress your points sounds rather unconvincing and wack.

Homosexuality, Gayism and all tabooistic tendencies are not human from the African perspective and we as Africans stick to our guns in the situation.
If not for anything let's respect our popular opinion and culture and not some imperialist outburst against it.
Be reminded- They brought the same "bible" to Africa !

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face by jjk24(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
This miss is actually very smart,. D rest? O well thinking mentality dey different...!!!!

(1) (Reply)

pls delete / Life In Uk Is Not Easy For Us...we Want To Come Home, Lease Help!!! / If Only Our Ladies Will Adhere To This Advise Marriages Would Be Saved.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.