Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. (531 Views)

Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos) / Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. by Sheddy45(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2014
This topic is actually my project topic. Please I need help from you on how to go about it
Re: What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. by smithsammy(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2014
The topic is not well structured. I can't really get the pin idea of the question, even though I want to help.
Sheddy45: This topic is actually my project topic. Please I need help from you on how to go about it
now my question is: did you create this topic yourself, or it was given to you by your project supervisor? Because all environment are meant to be built and developed. How ever, there are some certain part of the environment where no errection should be made. Such are the valleys where should made as provision for canals where water can flow through so to avoid flooding.
Re: What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. by bizngr(f): 8:42am On Jul 03, 2014
Nice topic.
I guess you're in the environmental field.
Let me give you two clues as to what you should be looking at:
1. Poorly planned or unplanned built environment can lead to construction of architectural projects on flood-plains thereby blocking the free flow of surface runoff which will consequently lead to flooding.
2. Construction of paved surfaces reduce infiltration (throughflow) as well as increase runoff velocity thereby resulting to flash floods.
Re: What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. by Sheddy45(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
smithsammy: The topic is not well structured. I can't really get the pin idea of the question, even though I want to help. now my question is: did you create this topic yourself, or it was given to you by your project supervisor? Because all environment are meant to be built and developed. How ever, there are some certain part of the environment where no errection should be made. Such are the valleys where should made as provision for canals where water can flow through so to avoid flooding.
It was actually given to me by my project supervisor, they dont allow us to get our own topic. Thanks for your concern
Re: What Impact Does The Built Environment Have On Flood Damages. by Sheddy45(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
bizngr: Nice topic.
I guess you're in the environmental field.
Let me give you two clues as to what you should be looking at:
1. Poorly planned or unplanned built environment can lead to construction of architectural projects on flood-plains thereby blocking the free flow of surface runoff which will consequently lead to flooding.
2. Construction of paved surfaces reduce infiltration (throughflow) as well as increase runoff velocity thereby resulting to flash floods.
thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Adult Education, Now At Your Door Step! / FUOTUOKE Merit Admission List 2014/2015 Released / edited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.