Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) (48717 Views)

My True Life Story On Finding An 11-Year-Old Lost Child - Chocolateme (Pics) / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Lessons To Learn From The Life Of Bode Thomas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Rainmaker69(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
It gives a more factual account. Not like the op's highly speculative story. Let's not adapt tales from folklore to alter history. The man was a hero. Very few alive now are privy to the ACTUAL FACTS of his demise.

1 Like

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by WinsomeX: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Rainmaker69:
It gives a more factual account. Not like the op's highly speculative story. Let's not adapt tales from folklore to alter history. The man was a hero. Very few alive now are privy to the ACTUAL FACTS of his demise.

I agree with you.

Your post here however did not tell clearly the circumstances surrounding his death. Can you tell us? Did the king truly kill him?

2 Likes

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Rainmaker69(m): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
WinsomeX:

I agree with you.

Your post here however did not tell clearly the circumstances surrounding his death. Can you tell us? Did the king truly kill him?

The King did not kill him. I have information from the Thomas family to that effect.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by WinsomeX: 12:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Rainmaker69:

The King did not kill him. I have information from the Thomas family to that effect.

OK. Thank you for the information and I believe you.

Incidentally, what led me to this thread was a post I saw on Facebook. The same as the OP. I was intrigued by it but it had no source. I planned to open a thread on it on nl but decided to Google first. The search engine threw up this thread; I was the one that then restored the discuss as you will see in page 0.

Now, sir, if the king did not kill him, two questions:

1. What where the circumstances around his death?

2. Why was the king deposed after he died?

My original post:

WinsomeX:

Please how true is this story? What is the source of the OP? Do we have older people here who can confirm it? Did any paper tell the story then? Why are we depending on some kind of oral tradition?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Dejavubt: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Its so Funny the Way some people just Open their mouths and talk.especially when they talk about other peoples family.reason because they come from a no name family.why would you say such about the late Bode thomas.and am sure the family would be looking out for the jobless set of people that started this story and i Pray they are caught so that theycan face the .
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Dejavubt: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tianry or wat Ever you call your self can you prove wat u poseted?and i am so sure you are from a useless family with no name to have written such.the family are looking for you and i Pray you are Caught so that you can spend the rest of your life in prisión for deformation of character
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Dahkogrin007(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2015
WinsomeX:
^^^

so which part ov ur writeup spoke bou cause ov his death I stick to d version that he barked to death jor
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Pidggin(f): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
What lesson is to be learnt here?The potency of socery and voodoo or what? A simple question was asked by Bode thomas, although rude it shouldn't have led to the loss of his life.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by gemale(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
Bootybuttchic:
the tongue is indeeed powerful........heard a similar story once,policeman slapped an old man,and the man told him he will keep slaping till he dies,and the man kept slapping the tarred road ,u knw the rest .. ...

It was a nollywood movie osuofia starred in very long ago. I can even rmbr his name in d movie "Sergeant anwurru".

1 Like

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by GreatManBee: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2017
How true is this tale? I guess it's just some oral tradition passed down.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Dollyak(f): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2018
In view of the nl front page news, i must say this has been an Interesting read indeed.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by donnie(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
armyofone:
Yes, I do. There are scientific explanations for every illness.

Interesting, and the illnes took effect immideitedly the king spoke right? undecided
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by nlPoster: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Things can be arranged. If you've been under observation for a while and people associate you with a particular habit, it's not that hard to put ducks in a row.

Eg all these "some certain state is known for anger" threads and discussions that keep popping up, they are going somewhere with it.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by armyofone(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
Possibly undiagnosed Tuberculosis in advanced stage? esp in 1950s....Words spoken by the king had nothing to do with it.

donnie:

Interesting, and the illnes took effect immideitedly the king spoke right? undecided

1 Like

Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by mysticgal(f): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2019
I thought so too
WinsomeX:
^^^ So he was not so much a villain after all.

The account of his death in the report above does not seem to contradict the OP. Does it?
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by LordAzubuike(f): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2019
sod09:
wat I heard was bode Thomas entered d king room without knocking and met him(king) naked.....its a taboo to see a king naked,even his wives can't
His wife can't? How do they have sex and bear a successor to the throne then grin
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by wink2015(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
shocked
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by APCNig: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
simpleseyi:
Unfortunately the above story seems to be true, but I heard it was Fani-Kayode that barked to death. I think there is a mixed-up somewhere.

It was Bode Thomas that barked to death. Remi Fani-Kayode was abducted by the January 15, 1966 boys before he was rescued by federal forces.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Brunicekid(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2020
Lucasbalo:
Growing up at Bode Thomas street in surulere, I heard about it. It's sad to waste what was supposed to be a great life for not being able to show humility. Humility goes a long way in life.
Hmmmnnn...Humility pays in Life.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by SpeediTrix(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
WinsomeX:
^^^

I want to believe that the reason people associate his illness and death to the Oba's pronouncement was due to the existing altercation between the two at the time. He may not have barked at the time of death or before but since the monarch had been reported to have said, "keep barking", it was easy for people to gullibly say he did back afterwards, given the details are sketchy and the Oba's words believed powerful. It is even possible the illness didn't commence right upon Thomas's return from the meeting as is being portrayed.
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Atk1nson(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
sod09:
wat I heard was bode Thomas entered d king room without knocking and met him(king) naked .....its a taboo to see a king naked,even his wives can't

Really? How do the king wives get pregnant?
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by SonugaMike: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
This article should be updated please. The King late of (Alaafin Adeyemi III) has joined his ancestor
tlanry:
A Lesson on humility to learn from the story of Bode Thomas...

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.
Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918. Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.
Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very arrogant. Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.
On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.
Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"
At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's. The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)Bode Thomas responded by shouting some english sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... "MA GBO LO" (continue barking). The confrontation happened on November 22, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started barking.
He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23, 1953.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo. So, when next you drive on Bode Thomas street in Surulere, remember that man, who cut short his own life because of his arrogance and naughtiness.

@Moderator, kindly put dis post in the right section because i dont knw which section exactly it should be and i also recommend it as a front page material so that people will knw pride comes before destruction, that humility will take them to high places no matter what!!![email][/email]
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by kinglumidee(m): 5:25am On May 01, 2022
WinsomeX:
^^^

lmao this isn’t what we’re asking, how did he die?
Re: DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) by Nobody: 11:32am On May 01, 2022
armyofone:
Yes, I do. There are scientific explanations for every illness.

Scientific explanation for every illness?

this is a pure lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Baby Back? Pls Help Me Guys / Delta Man Cries Out For Help Over Wife Allegedly Assaulting Him Repeatedly / Wife Burns Husband's Car Over Divorce, Women React (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.