Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? (5542 Views)

2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Between Lexus Rx300 2001 And Toyota Highlander 2001 Model Which One Is Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2014
I had in mind of acquiring a T. corolla (2004), buh while browsing through the auto section, I got to come across, T. Matrix (same 2004) n fell in love with it, as well. So ryt now am in a fix,
Pls I want experienced Nairalanders, to help me explain the good fixtures of both cars, n which is better, in terms of fuel economy, maintanance cost n durability...

Honest answers pls,I'll really appreciate.

(Just to add; both are about same market price)
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Am going through this too am in fix T corolla sport or T matrix someone help us plz.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by atilla(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
The Toyota matrix is a good car for a single woman getting her second car. I find it's a bit fragile, more made for a woman.

The toyota corolla is a good car for anyone wether first or second car.mis quite strong.

Both are chap to maintain but the corolla will last longer.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Eyop: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Raymondenyi: I had in mind of acquiring a T. corolla (2004), buh while browsing through the auto section, I got to come across, T. Matrix (same 2004) n fell in love with it, as well. So ryt now am in a fix,
Pls I want experienced Nairalanders, to help me explain the good fixtures of both cars, n which is better, in terms of fuel economy, maintanance cost n durability...

Corolla and Matrix engine are the same,they also share same mechanical parts. The only thing different about both cars is the design so go for the one you love.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Eyop:
Corolla and Matrix engine are the same,they also share same mechanical parts. The only thing different about both cars is the design so go for the one you love.

Tnx boss; 4 ur time in going tru, n giving me ur thoughts; my issue is; colleaagues, strongly discouraged me 4rm getting matrix; I was told its a feminine car, for ladies, dat corolla is d better ride 4me; so I 'm tending 2wrds dat...
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Eyop: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Raymondenyi:

Tnx boss; 4 ur time in going tru, n giving me ur thoughts; my issue is; colleaagues, strongly discouraged me 4rm getting matrix; I was told its a feminine car, for ladies, dat corolla is d better ride 4me; so I 'm tending 2wrds dat...
Are you buying the car for your colleagues to appreciate it If you love the Matrix,go for it but if it's the corolla you want,good and fine. But i will suggest you go for Corolla sports but if that's not available,then LE will be OK.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Kashif(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2014
When it boils down to emotion and appeal when buying a car, the only one whose opinion matters is the one paying for, and gonna use the car! What is feminine about Matrix? Have you not seen women driving full range SUVs?? Don't you see women driving MPVs?

There is no feminine car bro! If you are buying to please your colleagues then, you have missed it.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Kashif: When it boils down to emotion and appeal when buying a car, the only one whose opinion matters is the one paying for, and gonna use the car! What is feminine about Matrix? Have you not seen women driving full range SUVs?? Don't you see women driving MPVs?

There is no feminine car bro! If you are buying to please your colleagues then, you have missed it.
Ok bosss tnx.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 04, 2014
The only feminine cars are custom mod vw beetles with pink paint job having eyelashes vinyl adorning their headlamps. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by sultaan(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Man up try something bigger
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Kashif(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2014
sultaan: Man up try something bigger

I guess you drive Mercedes Scania bus as a private car? LOL! 'Bigger' is subjective. There is nothing like 'manning' up with a boxy vehicle.

The world's most expensive automobiles hardly seat more than four people so, what are we talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by sultaan(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kashif:

I guess you drive Mercedes Scania bus as a private car? LOL! 'Bigger' is subjective. There is nothing like 'manning' up with a boxy vehicle.

The world's most expensive automobiles hardly seat more than four people so, what are we talking about?

If you can get a Corolla or a Galant at the same price buy the Galant.

Cars are made with sizes you can compare this is why it is sometimes difficult when you see people actually comparing between different size of cars eg Accord and Avalon.

There is subcompact, compact, and midsize full size;

For Toyota there is Yaris,Corolla,Camry, and Avalon

Honda has Fit/Jazz,Civic,Accord, and Legend
Ford has Fiesta,Focus,Fusion, and Taurus
Nissan has Versa, Sentra, Altima, and Maxima

Sub compact is ideal for students, compact for women, midsize for men and full size for grown men grin
Comparing across segments is not ideal.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Raymondenyi: I had in mind of acquiring a T. corolla (2004), buh while browsing through the auto section, I got to come across, T. Matrix (same 2004) n fell in love with it, as well. So ryt now am in a fix,

They are both evenly matched and mostly differ from a design viewpoint. The matrix may sit a bit higher.

Life is short, enjoy yourself. Buy the car that makes you feel good. If you change your mind later, sell it and buy another.

What you're going through is what is called "first world problem".

If it were me I would buy the Rav4.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
sultaan:

If you can get a Corolla or a Galant at the same price buy the Galant.

Cars are made with sizes you can compare this is why it is sometimes difficult when you see people actually comparing between different size of cars eg Accord and Avalon.

There is subcompact, compact, and midsize full size;

For Toyota there is Yaris,Corolla,Camry, and Avalon

Honda has Fit/Jazz,Civic,Accord, and Legend
Ford has Fiesta,Focus,Fusion, and Taurus
Nissan has Versa, Sentra, Altima, and Maxima

Sub compact is ideal for students, compact for women, midsize for men and full size for grown men grin
Comparing across segments is not ideal.
Men re different I think dats wat creates diversity; I happen to like compact vehicles; I dislike Big automobiles (e.g : big daddy corolla, avalon e.t.C) smiley. , maybe cus Ikm a simple man
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by abatically(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
I would personally choose the corolla over matrix. They both share the same engine, but the interior of the corolla is better. Toyota matrix has one of the worse interiors I've ever seen. The control knobs will come off in no time. The only scenario where I will pick the matrix is if it is the 4wd version.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Eyop: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
abatically: I would personally choose the corolla over matrix. They both share the same engine, but the interior of the corolla is better. Toyota matrix has one of the worse interiors I've ever seen. The control knobs will come off in no time. The only scenario where I will pick the matrix is if it is the 4wd version.
Corolla design is unique. The Matrix having 4WD won't the change the fact that it's still Matrix except for the XR or XRS trim.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by abatically(m): 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Eyop:
Corolla design is unique. The Matrix having 4WD won't the change the fact that it's still Matrix except for the XR or XRS trim.

Yes u are right. 2004 Toyota matrix radio looks like something from the 80's
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Eyop: 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
abatically:

Yes u are right. 2004 Toyota matrix radio looks like something from the 80's
grin grin Except for the 2004 but the 2007 i bought has a fantastic sound system(6 loader CD with good speakers) but not my kind of car.
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2014
Ok; tnx 2 u all, den corolla it is;
Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Ikenna351(m): 6:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Raymondenyi:

Don't take it the wrong way, but its high time you became your own man. Seeking colleagues opinion on issues like this is the last thing I would do. I Don't revolve my whole life in my office building.

The way I see it, some cars would make ladies very sexy or "You can try your luck". While some cars would make ladies behind their wheels "I am taken or Save your strength".

So, yes, some car designs gives women that feminine touch men find attractive, no matter how you want to argue it. Because some cars look Teddy Bears to me.

Notwithstanding, don't take my opinion as your choice. It does not mean I know better. Because what I like would always appear better to me. It doesn't mean its a better option. It's left for you to find yours.

Go out there, spend few minutes and watch cars pass your street. Imagine how you would feel or be seen sitting behind the wheels of the two cars you are interested in, as they pass by. Check out the colours and think which color appeal to you on which car. Then, ask "What are the cons and pros of Vehicle A". Or you google it. If you can live with the cons and find the pros interesting, then you have find the car to buy; you have made the choice.

The topic should been "What are the pros and cons of vehicle A and Vehicle B", and not "Help me make a choice between vehicle A and Vehicle B" or "vehicle A vs Vehicle B, which one is better". Peoples definition of reliability, durability and economical differ. So find out from the pros and cons your own definition of these terms and make that choice yourself.

Ikenna

8 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by sultaan(m): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ikenna what are doing?

The man trying to pick between a lipstick and high heels is definitely not looking for something masculine grin

Just kidding people put too much effort in here say so one question for Op

Which car have you been in that you liked the most, and which one do you wish to own no one ever mentioned anything about corolla

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix And T. Corolla 2004 Model,which Is A Better Ride? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Tnx y'all I appreciate ur responses n coment; I have made my choose; sticking with d corolla; it suits my want; tnx all dsame..

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Tasks Motorists On Proper Vehicle Registration / My First V6 ....pure Joy / Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.