Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,898 members, 7,863,092 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Onazi Forgives Matuidi!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onazi Forgives Matuidi!!! (489 Views)

Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite / See Matuidi's Tackle On Onazi And Its Aftermath / Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onazi Forgives Matuidi!!! by RoyalBlak007: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi has forgiven Frenchman, Blaise Matuidi for the horror tackle he unleashed on him during the Nigeria versus France Round of 16 game at the World Cup on Monday.
Onazi was stretchered off after the shocking challenge, and was driven straight to the hospital for treatment.
Assurance
The Lazio midfielder has reportedly assured directors of the Serie A side that there are no fractures.
However, Onazi has posted a picture of his leg in plaster, so the situation remains unclear.
Matuidi has apologised in public and private for the challenge.
- I didn’t go in to hurt him and I’m disappointed, as I’m not a bad player. I apologise. I went into their dressing room to apologise.
Forgiveness
As for Onazi, he forgave Matuidi via Twitter:
- Hi @MatuidiBlaise thanks for your support and concern. Let the game go on.
- Thanks to you guys, my friends and fans for your love, support and encouragement. Hoping to do much better next time

(1) (Reply)

More Trouble For Aminu Maigari! Whisked Away From The Airport By Security Operat / Question For Sport Bettors( Check In Pls) / It Is Declared By Me, Arsenal Will Win The Champions league

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.