Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State (2379 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / Odili Bridge Collapses In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by NewNigeriaMind: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
The popular Igwu bridge linking Ndi Ebe Abam to other towns collapsed yesterday July 1st when a 25 tons tipper carrying gravel plied on it. Fortunately no life was lost but now the villagers say they have been cut off from other towns as a result of the collapsed bridge which served as the only motor-able road through which the indigenes used to connect with other towns.

They sent me the photo and asked that we appeal to the Arochukwu L.G.A. Chairman and Abia State government to come to their aid, saying people residing in the town have been adversely affected by this mishap.

They are appealing to the authorities concerned to help them rebuild the bridge in a modern form that will last longer than the former one which was made with irons and planks and maintained by the indigenes for many years. They also implored the government to help them construct the road which has been neglected for years.

Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by NewNigeriaMind: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Alicia says... said...
Fool, we know you were employed by Orji to vomit lies on this blog.
July 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Anonymous said...
Abia State is the worst governed state in the whole of Nigeria. There is simply no government presence anywhere in the hinterlands. Even the largest commercial city-Aba in the state is an eyesore. As for this daft Ada Kalu singing Orji's praises may Kamalu strike you with Thunder for choosing deceit over truth. The truth is-that bridge exists and connects Ndi Ebe and Idima Abam to some other parts of Abam. I am an indigene of Idima Abam the most populous of the Abam villages with over 80,000 inhabitants and but for the fact that my village has other access point to it through Amaeke Abam and Bende, Idima would have been completely cut off as it were. The annoying thing is that Abam (I know you must have had of the famous Abam Warriors) is steeped in cultural history having as it were a glorious past. In other climes, the whole of Abam would be a tourist hub attracting millions of visitors due to its rich history, it's caves and the Igwu River which is the historic river that great merchants like Omenuko of Aro Chukwu traversed in those days. How can a bridge in this day and age be so archaic? That bridge was constructed by the industrious people of Abam eons ago. The government, local and state has not deemed it fit since then to construct a proper bridge. Yet Idima and the remaining 21 villages of Abam has won them a lot of elections due to our population. The last time I checked the Speaker of the House is an Ozu Abam man the idiot has not deemed it fit to engage in reasonable political horse trading to get the govt to fix our roads and this eyesore of a bridge. Ditto for my Idima Uncle SCOURJ Commissioner for Industry Abia State who is a scourge on Idima People. Special condemnation is also reserved for another Uncle Chief Jones who was one time Arochukwu LGA Chairman. Bombaklats in power. Licking dirty executive asses and lining their pockets while their people suffer! Kamalu gbukwa unu dum!7
July 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Anonymous said...
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by NewNigeriaMind: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Anonymous said...
ABIA STATE IS THE WORST STATE IN NIGERIA(FOR THE PAST 16YEARS ORJI UZOR KALU TO T.A ORJI. WHEN YOU TALK OF LAWLESSNESS, NO INFRASTRUCTURE,E.G ROAD, ELECTRICITY, NO GOOD DRAINAGE NETWORK, NO SECURITY, NO GOVERNANCE,NO BASIC AMENITIES,NO INDUSTRY, NO EMPLOYMENT FOR THE YOUTH, DIFFERENT TOUTS COLLECTING MONEY FOR THE GOVERNOR ALL IN THE NAME OF TAX, ETC.
THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. THOSE WHO STAY IN ABIA STATE AND ITS ENVIRONS ESPECIALLY ABA WILL AGREE WITH ME. THE GOVERNOR DOES HIS ON WORK ON T.V AND RADIO STATIONS BY ADVERTISING HIMSELF. I THOUGH MEDIA REPRESENT THE PEOPLES INTEREST, THESE DAYS ITS THE OTHER WAY ROUND. IT'S HIGH TIME TO CHECK THE AFFAIRS OF THE GOVERNOR IN EACH STATE ESPECIALLY THE APPROPRIATED INCOME FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO STATE.
MY ADVISE AND PRAYER FOR ABIARIANS IS TO VOTE WISELY, NO SENTIMENT. MAY GOD HELP THEM. LIN LIN HELP THE PEOPLE OF ABIA, LET NIGERIANS KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, THE MASSES NEED HELP.
LIN LIN NO FOLLOW THEM OOOO PLEASE POST MY COMMENT. THANKS.

July 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Michael Godwill said...
So I no go travel go villa again ni abi wetin?
Linda for your info, we don't have LGA chairman. T.A Orji have refused to conduct local govt election since 2011 general election. No officials
July 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Anonymous said...
liberator of abians,pls com a there aid o
July 3, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Anonymous said...
Please learn how to use punctuation when you write. Thank you razz girl ..
July 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by NewNigeriaMind: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
those PEOPLE comment on that blog.... it can concluded that only few Igbo people on Nairaland say the truth about their states.

Yesterday I posted pictures of Lagos roads, like I said we should all realize this is not a thing of west or east or north or south.

The ruling class are failing us.

The problem is the sycophants that will not say the truth about situation of things online.....too much lies.
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by horlah005: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Truth s revealin itself gradually7

APC states r d best, if u like go n die.!
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by sCun: 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Theodore Orji is a failure and no Igbo on Nairaland has ever said otherwise.
We are not like Yorubas who live in a world of delusion.
There is nothing you can say about T.A. Orji right now that an Igbo man has not said here on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
i support you on this only if you will maintain and keep to your words without first drifting the tribal and ethnic poles.

our leaders have failed us, we in South, am not saying anything about Northerners because if you criticize their leaders they will start seeing you as a personal enemy.

NewNigeriaMind: those PEOPLE comment on that blog.... it can concluded that only few Igbo people on Nairaland say the truth about their states.

Yesterday I posted pictures of Lagos roads, like I said we should all realize this is not a thing of west or east or north or south.

The ruling class are failing us.

The problem is the sycophants that will not say the truth about situation of things online.....too much lies.

Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by khamas19: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

wonderment...it is actually a new design called

reverse suspension bridge
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by Fesco: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is highly pathetic that a wooden bridge is the only available motor-able road through which a community in our dear country, Nigeria, could link with other towns for many years. Whereas, N10 billion was spent by NNPC in chartering aircraft for the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Alison-Madueke. There’s God O!
Re: Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State by meforyou1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
TA Orji is a failure and a fraud

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu PICTURED With Ghana's Former President John Kufuor / Is Corruption = Stealing ? Lets Trash It Out For Good. / Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.