Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,749 members, 7,837,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

You Need A Job? Do This......... Get One. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Need A Job? Do This......... Get One. (685 Views)

Having A Hard Time Finding A Job? Do Something Different. / Fed. Govt 1:1 Scholarship For A 5 Year Compulsory Lecturing Job. Do Or Don't Do? / What Job Do I Stand To Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need A Job? Do This......... Get One. by Appswheel(m): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
You are a job seeker, you spend 90% of your time on facebook sharing photos, chatting, you do not have a linkedin account.You will get a job with you learn to use the online resources productively - #Appswheel.

The HR Manager of the company i work for has over 4000 Connections on http://linkedin.com/ He says his target is to make the number up to 10,000 direct connections in the next one year. I see him read his connections profiles regularly. My interaction with him revealed that he employs the linkedin platform to drive the companys recruitment process for entry level and management job positions.

If you are seeking to get a job, linkedin.com should be more important to you than any other social media platform. I "patronize" linkedin more than other social media plaftforms owing to the availability of insightful career, entrepreneurship article written by successful company managers, entrepreneurs like bill gates, Richard branson etc

For those who already have a profile on linkedin; It is not enough to be on linkedin.com, build your connection with people who can assist you. Make connection with human resource managers of company's you like to work with, and individuals who work with such company's.

Make your profile presentable by providing background information about your skills and capabilities. Also make time to read insightful articles on linkedin.com

Linkedin.com is more than a job search portal, it is also a platform to expand your business frontiers as an entrepreneur - if you sell products and offer services. All you need do is connect with decision makers in organisations that consume your product/service and demonstrate your capability.

Linkedin did not pay me for this, I wrote it for you, all I ask of you is to make the best of the opportunity that linkedin represents. Make the best of the tool available to you. Make the best of your time online, make the best of your internet data, your phone..... Thank you as you sign up on linkedin and make the best of the opportunities it represents.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan MD Unjustly Sack Of Over 168 Nigerians From Nigerian Bottling Co. Ltd / What Administrative Certification Do We Have In Nigeria / Please Who Know Where I Can Get A Swimming Certificate/passport In Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.