Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: (3069 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles or your club: which would you pick if you had to choose?

Super Eagles: 52% (19 votes)
Your Favorite Club: 47% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Proper To Give Testimony In Church On Your Club Winning A Trophy? / . / Match Between Nigeria’s Super Eagles And The Black Stars Of Ghana Has Been Cance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by yommys01(m): 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2008
If you had to choose, what would you pick? Your national team, or your club? And why?

I prefer Arsenal more than the Super Eagles Because Arsenal play better and entertaining football and because of the inconsistency of the football body here in Nigeria.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Okijajuju1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hmm!!

How does my club's football affect me??
I am not from england, neither do I reside in liverpool.
I dont have any relation playing in anfeild neither do I own shares in the merseyside.
How does being a Kopite put food on my table or pay my bills??

F. this.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Tatase(f): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2008
That's tough. Like lets say Manchester United vs. Super Eagles? Hmmmmmm, I think I would remain neutral because it would be a win-win situation for me. I would be fine with any result.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Walexdinho(m): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2008
ha ha ha ha. My club of cos.Barca 4life.Die hard fans.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by doyin13(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2008
My club can go to blazes. . . .

I live and die with the eagles. . .even with all their self defeating shenanigans

Nothing hurts me like a Eagles defeat. . . .Kapish
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Cristalz(f): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2008
doyin13:

My club can go to blazes. . . .

I live and die with the eagleseven with all their self defeating shenanigans

Nothing hurts me like a Eagles defeat. . . .Kapish

shocked shocked shocked

Youz no longer a ''Brit''? grin
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by doyin13(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2008
Cristalz:

shocked shocked shocked

Youz no longer a ''Brit''? grin

yeah yeah yeah

Sue me. . ,

Bloody Pedants angry angry tongue
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Cristalz(f): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2008
Hypocrisy at its best tongue
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by A40(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2008
I would support the Super Eagles when they where still super but now i don't think so
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
Super Eagles
Super Eagles
Super Eagles
Super Eagles

. . . then comes Manchester United!!!
i no be Dayo wey dey support Germany. A country he hasnt gone to more than once in many years!!!!
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2008
I stopped supporting the Super Eagles a long time ago. Between 2002 since Onigbinde took over I left them.

I still support the age grade teams cos I feel those are still sensible lads not those over rated players in the Super Eagles.

Bayern Munich, Mannschaft, Nigerian age grade teams then maybe Super eagles.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by shilling(f): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2008
This is difficult. But, I think I'll stick with my club.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by favcom(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2008
Nigeria is my country and I'm patriotic cool
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Raimond(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2008
1.Naija for Life!!!
All the way with the Eagles!!!
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by savesoul(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2008
Simple! My Country
A Club can relegated or be disbanded, but country? Hell no!
Super Eagles for Life tongue
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by BOSS7: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2008
Okija_juju:

Hmm!!

How does my club's football affect me??
I am not from england, neither do I reside in liverpool.
I don't have any relation playing in anfeild neither do I own shares in the merseyside.
How does being a Kopite put food on my table or pay my bills??

F. this.

No one says it better than you. I guess you'vge not been inflicted by the disease of many so-called Nigerians (and I'm not pointing at anyne in particular), as most NIgerians would rather fdie for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U etc and they have no affiliations and even if you live in Manchester (like I do), how does that still affect me because I still carry the green passport anyway, so why the hell would I be dying for a British club? I read on BBc also that 10 Nigerians dies when Man U went to play Portsmouth in Abuja, I pity my country!!!

Yeah, support your club and make them richer at the end of the day, they don't give two bleeps about you, it's still known as a British Club,

:-)
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by ukukaegbu(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
It's Super Eagles for life. After that, it's Enyimba.
Then others.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by bigfather(m): 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2008
dayokanu:

I stopped supporting the Super Eagles a long time ago. Between 2002 since Onigbinde took over I left them.

I still support the age grade teams because I feel those are still sensible lads not those over rated players in the Super Eagles.

Nigerian age grade teams then maybe Super eagles.

Same here too !
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by oYaTo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
I love Super Eagles no be small. .but na Utd dey move me pass. . wink
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Okaakoko(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2008
Yeah its my country first, the no other. Infact when our SUPER EAGLES are playing i can hit my legs on anything in front of me because of the love i have and will always have for them. I support the so foreign clubs because of our SUPER EAGLES players. Like chelsea- mikel, everton- mainly because of my favourite player YAKUBU, Yobo, Victor then pouthmoth- our king kanu, utaka and many other clubs like that. Hull city then because of my best player PROF. J J OKOCHA. To me i have no special club its the GREENS for life.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by dyabman(m): 5:27am On Oct 17, 2008
Eagle bawo , kan yiwo si oun jo ! CHELSEA FOR LIFEY!!
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by chessguru(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2008
arsenal for life, eagles for eternity!!

Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by eldee(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2008
Okija_juju on October 06, 2008, 10:02 PM:

Hmm!!

1. How does my club's football affect me??
2. I am not from england, neither do I reside in liverpool.
3. I don't have any relation playing in anfeild neither do I own shares in the merseyside.
4. How does being a Kopite put food on my table or pay my bills??

F. this.
1. It affects me so much . . . I don't eat after Arsenal losses
2. I live in London
3. I've spent more money on Arsenal tickets, memoribilla and magazines than on any other habit cheesy
4. Nigeria does not put food on my table too . . . neither does Y'aradua pay my bills

C'mon . . . the Super Eagles have not won anything since 1994, I'll rather support the 'U-17' team
I missed Nigeria's match in the 2006 Nation's Cup to watch Arsenal draw with Newcastle
I was patriotic, I kept checking BBCi for latest scores every 30minutes cheesy
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by oladele80(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
Super Eagles first, then Chelsea Second! It will always be like that till i die.
Chikena!
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Jaytee67(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2008
We should be patriotic. Why are we then blaming those of our boys who failed to honour national assignments due to their preferences for club assignments? And these are people whose whole living depends on their clubs.
UP SUPER EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPER EAGLES FOR LIFEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by tjadeba(m): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
as i used to say to my friends and people when they ask me which of the teams i support, i simply tell them its Super Eagles.
its after super eagles that i think of Liverpool or man u or all dem english/European club sides.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Robotnik: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2008
Una Nigerians are very Unpatriotic, why should you trade your loyalty to your beloved country for another club, that is what the Americans can never do and that is what is making them stronger day by day (PATRIOTISM)
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by dyabman(m): 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2008
Im not suppose to post on here cos i dont support super eagle in any competition. . . . Dutch for life , Chelsea for eternity.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by abes(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2008
First arsenal, then arsenal, after that, super arsenal.
arsenal all the way
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by Tgirl4real(f): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2008
Hmm . . .

Super Eagles don fail me big tym. Nontheless, I love watching Super Eagles and the Golden Eaglet anytym anyday esp if its d world cup or Youth Championship. With dat Up Naija. My home is my home.

But when talking about superb football, i go with my Club. Blues 4 lyf.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by nazzyon(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2008
It is obvious that the weakest club in the premier league can beat most if not all National teams.
Re: If You Must Choose Between The Super Eagles And Your Club: by RuuDie(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2008
My football club most def. . . . . . the last time i supported naija's national team was at Senegal 92 ACN. Nowadays, i only support the national teams of Cameroon, Egypt, Argentina, USA, Denmark and any other that tickles my fancy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Neymar Officially Joins FC Barcelona For €150m / Does Anyone Else Think Michael Phelps Is A Phony? / The Gunners' First Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.