Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! (1045 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
How I long to see the Super Eagles play like they used to in the 90's, with impressive tecnical and tactical awareness.But sadly those days are gone.Tho,we may have won the Afcon '13 which I did not watch except the final in which we did not really look convincing.In the confed cup and the world cup we were an average team.
KESHI tried his best given the quality of players at his disposal and the politics of NFF but is time that OKOCHA becomes the teams manager and coach.
Reasons why I love Okocha for the job
1.He never courted controversy like Oliseh while a player.leaving him with a squeaky clean public image and perception.
2.He is arguably the finest player that ever wore our green and white jersey.
3.He is calm tempered and ooze authority rather than power.remember moyes players didn't just want to play for him.
4Tho inexperience like oliseh but as I listened to his analysis and opinion on supersport I became convince he is our man.
If you like Okocha too as our coach have your say!

1 Like

Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Amadaz(m): 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
We share the same opinion on that

1 Like

Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by abatically(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Being a good player doesn't automatically mean someone can be a good coach. Anyone remember naradona coaching Argentina? Jay jay is one of the finest Nigeria has produced no doubt, but that is not enough to make him a good coach. Personally I think he is too gentle to handle the super eagles. Anybody that can handle the super eagles has to be someone with some degrees of rascality, someone that can make a commanding decision, someone that can enforce discipline. Jay jay is too gentle abeg. We need someone that can face the press, someone that is outspoken and can talk his way into playing mind games. Someone like mourinho, Ferguson, etc. I'm not saying we should employ mourinho, just an illustration.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by jotey(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
k don't like all this kind of topics.... keshi is still our coach....don't fix it when its not broken
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by tuffgongjo(m): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Which okocha no court controversy,the guy that selected d matches that he will play during d failed 2006 failed WC qualifiers,or d one that said he doesn't know d road to Craven cottage when naija had a match there,or d one that punched Agali?
Does he even have a coaching badge?good player doesn't makes a good coach,maradona,van barsten,shearer,platini just to mention a few.
Running a good analysis doesn't mean u will be a good coach.so most of ur points holds no water.

1 Like

Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good to know.I also think we need a replacement for musa,mikelmoses in that team.
Amadaz: We share the same opinion on that
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
When Keshi benches Mikel then will I be convince he is indeed the 'big boss' BTW why is Mikel still in the team? Even tho it's clear to all that he is the weakest link.
abatically: Being a good player doesn't automatically mean someone can be a good coach. Anyone remember naradona coaching Argentina? Jay jay is one of the finest Nigeria has produced no doubt, but that is not enough to make him a good coach. Personally I think he is too gentle to handle the super eagles. Anybody that can handle the super eagles has to be someone with some degrees of rascality, someone that can make a commanding decision, someone that can enforce discipline. Jay jay is too gentle abeg. We need someone that can face the press, someone that is outspoken and can talk his way into playing mind games. Someone like mourinho, Ferguson, etc. I'm not saying we should employ mourinho, just an illustration.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
You call going out to an average French team not being 'broken',struggling with set-pieces and squandering our own not being 'broken'?Keshi has really tried but is time for him to pack up and go.
jotey: k don't like all this kind of topics.... keshi is still our coach....don't fix it when its not broken
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by abatically(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: When Keshi benches Mikel then will I be convince he is indeed the 'big boss' BTW why is Mikel still in the team? Even tho it's clear to all that he is the weakest link.

Yes Mikel is the weak link, bit the truth is there's no one to replace him in the team. Mikel has abilities even though he hasn't shown them recently. He is the most experienced in our midfield and he can hold the ball for other players to run and find space. The problem is he didn't show non of that at the world cup. The bigger problem is other central midfielders in that team are worse. Reuben, uchebo? Don't even make me laugh. Keshi's biggest mistake was dropping Sunday Mba as he would have been a perfect replacement for Mikel. Even John Ogbu would have done better.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by abatically(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: You call going out to an average French team not being 'broken',struggling with set-pieces and squandering our own not being 'broken'?Keshi has really tried but is time for him to pack up and go.

You call France an average team? We can't match them player for player. The problem Nigerians have is expecting too much from an Average team. France has about 4-5 world class players in their team, we have non. Evra, Benzema, Valbuena, Matuidi, Lloris, Kocienly, Varane, Cabaye all are top players playing for top teams. What do we have in Nigeria? Mikel, Moses that are bench warmers. We don't have a single world class player, our best player is Enyeama and he's not even world class yet. France are a far better team than us. We should just accept defeat, afterall USA (a better team than Nigeria) also went down in the second round and they welcomed their team. Algeria, also a better team went down and they cheered their team. Italy, Spain, England didn't even make it to the second round. Mexico, Chile all have better team than Nigeria and they went down in the second round but they get love from their country.

Here in Nigeria, we have an average team that went down to a superior French team and all we do is BLAME BLAME BLAME. Sack Keshi, get another coach.. but u can't force average players to play like a top team.. IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ah! ah!I agree that the SE is also an average team,but disagree the French not being one.At best just a little notch above 9ja.BTW the term 'world class' player is a highly subjective, relative word.French team came in through the back door,losing 2 nil to Ukrain in the play-offs!ah!I wonder what might have been had Onazi been on the pitch.And BTW in this world only few teams really dominated their opponents.
abatically:

You call France an average team? We can't match them player for player. The problem Nigerians have is expecting too much from an Average team. France has about 4-5 world class players in their team, we have non. Evra, Benzema, Valbuena, Matuidi, Lloris, Kocienly, Varane, Cabaye all are top players playing for top teams. What do we have in Nigeria? Mikel, Moses that are bench warmers. We don't have a single world class player, our best player is Enyeama and he's not even world class yet. France are a far better team than us. We should just accept defeat, afterall USA (a better team than Nigeria) also went down in the second round and they welcomed their team. Algeria, also a better team went down and they cheered their team. Italy, Spain, England didn't even make it to the second round. Mexico, Chile all have better team than Nigeria and they went down in the second round but they get love from their country.

Here in Nigeria, we have an average team that went down to a superior French team and all we do is BLAME BLAME BLAME. Sack Keshi, get another coach.. but u can't force average players to play like a top team.. IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Injera(f): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
Don't know how true but some suggested his true age should be 33 like Psquare seem to have alluded when they claim to have ball with him in Jos.Anyways I think youths should be injected in the team.And about his supposed qualities,there is no grander stage for a footballer to display them like the WC,i.e IF still have it.
abatically:

Yes Mikel is the weak link, bit the truth is there's no one to replace him in the team. Mikel has abilities even though he hasn't shown them recently. He is the most experienced in our midfield and he can hold the ball for other players to run and find space. The problem is he didn't show non of that at the world cup. The bigger problem is other central midfielders in that team are worse. Reuben, uchebo? Don't even make me laugh. Keshi's biggest mistake was dropping Sunday Mba as he would have been a perfect replacement for Mikel. Even John Ogbu would have done better.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by abatically(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: Ah! ah!I agree that the SE is also an average team,but disagree the French not being one.At best just a little notch above 9ja.BTW the term 'world class' player is a highly subjective, relative word.French team came in through the back door,losing 2 nil to Ukrain in the play-offs!ah!I wonder what might have been had Onazi been on the pitch.And BTW in this world only few teams really dominated their opponents.

Yes France came through the back door, but no denying they have better quality than the super eagles. Its just like blaming Southampton for losing against Chelsea, or blaming Villareal for losing against Barcelona. Yes in football anything can happen, but most of the times the better team always win. If Southampton beats Chelsea, fans will hail them, but when they lose against Chelsea, all is still fine because they know they don't have Chelsea's quality anyway.
Re: If You Prefer Okocha ,have Your Say Here!! by Amadaz(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Injera: Good to know.I also think we need a replacement for musa,mikelmoses in that team.
definitely! Let's see what happens in the course of time...

(1) (Reply)

Exercise>where Are Nairaland Body Builders And Fitness Experts ? / Manchester United Fans Couldn't Help But Notice Defender Chris Smalling Equallin / Watch The UEFA Champions League Final Live Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.