Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (27351 Views)

States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report / The List/names Of The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by fweshyboi(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2014
See The List/Names Of The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB

Are you Aware the CONFAB already Agreed to Change the Name of Nigeria as a Country to “Airegin”

The CONFAB also Approved that New States should be Created, See below:-

List Of new States approved by the ongoing National Conference:
Apa from Niger State,
kainji from Kebbi,
Katagum from Bauchi,
Savannah from Borno,
Amana from Adamawa,
Gurara from Kaduna,
Ghari from Kano,
Etiti from South East,
Aba from Abia,
Adada from Enugu,
Njaba from Anambra and Imo,
Anioma fror Delta state,
Ogoja from Cross River State,
IJebu from Ogun State and
New Oyo State from the present Oyo State.

Do you think this is What Nigeria needs right now

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Is Isale Eko not coming on board again?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Taeewo(m): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Craze dey worry dem,y lagos state nt included

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Redoil: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2014
Neyoor: Is Isale Eko not coming on board again?
land of crazy, stu.pid and mad people

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by spenca: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2014
Bad idea bad idea , the present ones ain't functioning yet to optimum , why create more problems

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wallbuilder(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Gurara is southern Kaduna state. Good move there. It will liberate the southern Kaduna people from the shackles of the Hausa Fulani

6 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by size38: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2014
They can even create up to 100 more states if they want. But the truth remains that there will be true Federalism where every resources found in any state will be 100% owned and controlled by that state and tax will be paid to the federal govt. because resources from few states cannot be use in sustaining all these unviable states they are planning to create here and there.

15 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yenex1(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2014
this people never allow nursery schools children to cram 36 States n capital them wan add more....I wonder how it will sound though

25 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Godwinsilas(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
All these are just to bypass the problem at hand.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Idrismusty97(m): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2014
wallbuilder: Gurara is southern Kaduna state. Good move there. It will liberate the southern Kaduna people from the shackles of the Hausa Fulani
Not only that. More revenue would also be allocated to southern Kaduna. Most projects are done in northern Kaduna. As for that "kainji from Kebbi" i don't know how they would do this because kanji is initially in Niger state. Maybe they want to cut it out and fuse it with some part of kebbi. That means my hometown would no longer be Niger state. All the benefit of being an indigene of Niger state would be gone...Interesting

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by oduastates: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Create one million states, that will not does stop them from stealing their state funds ,shitting all over their states and sending their poverty to Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by oduastates: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Create one million states, it does stop them from stealing their state funds and sending their poverty o Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by s3nn2x(m): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2014
I don't see the possibility of creating additional states. I was even expecting that the number of states in Nigeria should be reduced. State creation is not our problem in Nigeria.
Nigeria to be renamed "Airegin".... grin grin grin....what does that even mean, I guess the the name was spelt backwards.... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Ruq: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2014
If it eventually materializes, they ain't creating the states for easier development of those places. It's being done for easier and delegated syphoning of funds.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by millionaireman: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2014
For the sake of justice and equity, this is the second time in less than ten years that Nigerians sat and decided that a sixth state should be created in the southeast area, first and foremost. This time, people from the southeast need to face reality in the choice of the location for a sixth state in the southeast, instead of manifesting greed in the choice of the location. Present southeast area is former East Central State which was first divided into Anambra and Imo states in 1976. Anambra state was further divided into Enugu and Anambra states at the same time Imo state was divided into Abia and Imo states. Ebonyi state which is the fifth and last state in the southeast was derived from Abia and Enugu states in 1996. Thus, considering the foregoing, as well as considering the factors of VIABILITY, POPULATION, CULTURAL AFFINITY AND EQUITY, the next state to be created in the southeast area has to be carved from Imo West and Anambra South senatorial zones, (ANIM STATE) or from the 12 local government areas of Imo West senatorial zone (NJABA STATE). This group was the first to make request for new state before the NATIONAL POLITICAL REFORMS CONFERENCE during the OBJ administration. Southeasterners can no longer create a situation whereby the baby is thrown away together with the bath tub, as was done after the last political reforms conference.

3 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by vedd: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
What about the Afemais in Edo? We have nothing in common with the Binis!

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by GreyBlood: 11:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Savannah State from Borno; that sounds sexy. I like the name.

Hope they won't take me away from Anambra State and annex me to all these mean states
embarassed

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Meringe(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2014
I support the creation of Aba State. This is the most viable of all the proposed states. That city needs govt presence to unlock the potentials of the industrial city.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Idrismusty97(m): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Grey Blood: Savannah State from Borno; that sounds sexy. I like the name.

Hope they won't take me away from Anambra State and annex me to all these mean states
embarassed
During babagida regime they took us out of kwara and push us to Niger state. Now they are pushing us to a new state again. I wonder where next they would take us to. All these states creation is too much joor.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by passion007: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2014
millionaireman: For the sake of justice and equity, this is the second time in less than ten years that Nigerians sat and decided that a sixth state should be created in the southeast areaaa, first and foremost. This time, people from the southeast need to face reality in the choice of the location for a sixth state in the southeast, instead of manifesting greed in the choice of the location. Present southeast area is former East Central State which was first divided into Anambra and Imo state in 1976. Anambra state was further divided into Enugu and Anambra states at the same time Imo state was divided into Abia and Imo states. Ebonyi state which is the fifth and last state in the southeast was derived from Abia and Enugu states in 1996. Thus, considering the foregoing, as well as considering the factors of VIABILITY, POPULATION, CULTURAL AFFINITY AND EQUITY, the next state to be created in the southeast area has to be carved from Imo West and Anambra South senatoril zones, (ANIM STATE) or from the 12 local government areas of Imo West senatorial zone (NJABA STATE). This group was the first to make request for new state before the NATIONAL POLITICAL REFORMS CONFERENCE during the OBJ administration. Southeasterners can no longer create a situation whereby the baby is thrown away together with the bath tub, as was done after the last political reforms conference.

The Southeast delegates have long decided on Adada State as the surest bet. The area consists the northerly half of present Enugu State, a population in excess of 1.5M, already has a Federal University, a capital city at Nsukka, the largest indigenous community in black Africa ie Enugu Ezike, illimitable agricultural and tourism potentials from Isi Uzo to Uzo Uwani (Adarice) producing exotic products: honey, ose Nsukka, palm oil, rice, a Federal College of Education at Isi Uzo, a School of Health Technology, a School of Agriculture, indigenous manufacturing companies, the former capital of the palm oil trade ie Obollo, a place where the late Zik of Africa adopted as his home owing to its naturalness and serenity, that has also hosted Princess Alexandria of Kent etc So, Adada has a long and beautiful history.
Moreso, the new state will share boundaries with Benue, Kogi, Ebonyi, Anambra, and what will remain as Enugu. So you see, Adada is strategically located.

Support Adada State creation!

3 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by kokoA(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2014
Op stop lying.. Apa is from Benue not Niger.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
This ediots should not touch my lovely Anambra, we are not interested in their useless state creation!

No part of Anambra is interested in their silly state creation. It feels great being an Anambran!

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by maestroferddi: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Why all the quest to proliferate states? All that was asked for was an additional state for the South East zone to bring her number of states in tandem with other geopolitical zones in the country. Why, then, are all the distractions? The South East have since resolved on the location of the expected sixth state. The said state would be NJABA state to be carved out from parts of Imo and Anambra states. I was expecting the Conference to refer to previous commissions on state creation and then do the needful. This present charade, therefore, looks like a deliberate ploy to scuttle the legitimate demand of the South East zone for equity and fairness in the Nigerian project.

4 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2014
We Anambrans are not interested! They should dare not touch any part of us. We do not need to be divided nor take any part of us out. Anambra was created to be just the way it is now!

Proudly Anambran!

4 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Lanceslot(m): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: We Anambrans are not interested! They should dare not touch any part of us. We do not need to be divided nor take any part of us out. Anambra was created to be just the way it is now!

Proudly Anambran!
Chino plz what's the ogbanu that I saw on that pix/theme?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
That is a typo. It is called Ogbaru not Ogbanu!

Lanceslot: Chino plz what's the ogbanu that I saw on that pix/theme?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Lanceslot(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: That is a typo. It is called Ogbaru not Ogbanu!

ok... That's where I came from and I wasn't happy seeing the error... @Topic we Anambrarian don't want anybody to touch our land, we're ok , don't create any stupid state out of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Good a thing another great Anambran is confirming what all of us holds dear, that no part of our great and powerful state be touched in whatever guise, either state creation. I repeat we are not interested in their silly state creation, we don't want to be any part of it!

@ Lancelot your LG (Ogbaru) is very rich in Hydrocarbon (Oil/Gas) deposits.

Lanceslot: ok... That's where I come from and I wasn't happy seeing the error... @Topic we Anambrarian don't want anybody to touch our land, we're ok , don't great any stupid state out of Anambra.

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by millionaireman: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
passion007:

The Southeast delegates have long decided on Adada State as the surest bet. The area consists the northerly half of present Enugu State, already has a Federal University, a capital city at Nsukka, the largest indigenous community in black Africa ie Enugu Ezike, illimitable agricultural and tourism potentials from Isi Uzo to Uzo Uwani (Adarice), a Federal College of Education at Isi Uzo, a School of Health Technology, a School of Agriculture, indigenous manufacturing companies, the former capital of the palm oil trade ie Obollo, etc
Moreso, the new state will share boundaries with Benue, Kogi, Ebonyi, Anambra, and what will remain as Enugu. So you see, Adada is strategically located.

Support Adada State creation!
Adada brothers/sisters, be your brothers' keepers, be real for once. Will it not pain you, sound absurd, if not completely outrageous, to still mass up 48 local govt areas with more than ten million people in today's Imo and Anambra states, just to divide Enugu state of 17 local govt areas with less than 3 million population in order to create an Adada state of 7 local government areas with less than 2 million population? Why still rely on that hotel room illegal meeting in 2006 or so by some disgruntled southeat legislators for Adada? By the way, the meeting was immediately condemned by Ohaneze Ndigbo as illegal. @chino, you have only a vote during any referendum, if any, for ANIM STATE. But note: Political leaders from Anambra south senatorial district, including former Anambra state governor, Mbadinuju and other prominent politicians from Anambra south joined in signing the demand for a new state carved from Anambra South and Imo West senatorial zones way back in 2005, and still pursue the demand till today. So chill out. Anambra south has suffered serious development setbacks since then, including Anambra legislators hurriedly relocating main campus of Anambra state University from Uli in Anambra south senatorial zone. Imo west senatorial zone has been suffering from similar denial of infrastructures all these years. Finally, the 12 lgas in Imo West senatorial zone are large, populated and viable enough to merit the propsed sixth state.

5 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nwanne I know how you feel but they should not touch any part of us (Anambra). Imo state can go ahead and divide itself to create another state but we are not interested.

No part of Anambra is lagging behind either in development! Our government is carrying all of us along. My town is Uga but anyday they carve me out of Anambra I will claim my wife's town Nnewi. They should go and create Adada, we Anambrans are not interested!

It feel great being an Anambran!

millionaireman: Adada brothers/sisters, be your brothers' keepers, be real for once. Will it not pain you, sound absurd, if not completely outrageous, to still mass up 48 local govt areas with more than ten million people in today's Imo and Anambra states, just to divide Enugu state of 17 local govt areas with less than 3 million population in order to create an Adada state of 7 local government areas with less than 2 million population? Why still rely on that hotel room illegal meeting in 2006 or so by some disgruntled southeat legislators for Adada? By the way, the meeting was immediately condemned by Ohaneze Ndigbo as illegal. @chino, you have only a vote during any referendum, if any, for ANIM STATE. But note: Political leaders from Anambra south senatorial district, including former Anambra state governor, Mbadinuju and other prominent politicians from Anambra south joined in signing the demand for a new state carved from Anambra South and Imo West senatorial zones way back in 2005, and still pursue the demand till today. So chill out. Anambra south has suffered serious development setbacks since then, including Anambra legislators hurriedly relocating main campus of Anambra state University from Uli in Anambra south senatorial zone. Imo west senatorial zone has been suffering from similar denial of infrastructures all these years. Finally, the 12 lgas in Imo West senatorial zone are large, populated and viable enough to merit the propsed sixth state.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by missdebs(f): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
instead of comin together, we keep dividing...knowin fully well sme godfathers just want more power, i weep 4 naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Presidency React To US List Of Countries Which Practice Religious Intolerance / Buhari: Local Government System Has Been Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.