Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,221 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

An Open Letter To Lasusu President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Lasusu President (1092 Views)

Lai Ibrahim Emerged As New Lasusu Sug President / Lai Ibrahim Emerged As New Lasusu Sug President / Lai Ibrahim Emerged As New Lasusu Sug President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Lasusu President by tall2ce(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mr.President(NURUDEEN YUSUF) we all know that in Nigeria today that what ever that goes up in price never comes back to the previous amount.The fuel subsidy saga that occured in 2012 when government increased fuel pump price to between 140 to 150naira from 65naira,we all knew what happened it was reduced to 100naira and never reversed to 65naira.ASUU general went on strike last year for about six months last year and they never got their fill demands and they did compromise with FG because they knew that it was indirectly affecting the students by prolonging their demands.I am not a political fan or political member of any political party in Nigeria but Mr.President you have achieved a good feat with your struggle on the school fees issue,many have commended you Mr.President for your unrelenting efforts during this struugle against the bourgeoisie and arbitrary school fees imposed on Lasu by the Governor and Lagos State Government but the local press and students and stakeholders in the educational sector have commended you for your achievements.
Mr.President you submitted a proposal to the State Government for 46,500 and 65,500 for both returning and fresh students respectively.the State Government responded by reducing the fees between 34 to 60 percent ranging from facaulties to facaulties and different levels.This was a commendable effort by the State Government.Now Mr.PREasident you are agitating for total reversal to 25,000naira after you had submiitted a proposal to the State Government for both 46,500 and 65,500.The question now is Why reversal? when you submitted a proposal before which was higher than that reversal you are agitating for now.The local press would ask questions,students would also question your stand and also criticise you about this.
Even those paying fees ranging from 191000 to 350000naira have started paying their school fees so whats the point of you continuing to disrupt our academic calendar.This year 2014 we have been in school for only 6weeks(jan 6th to jan21st)three weeks before exams proposed exam in january and (april 7th to april 29th)which was exam peroid.Many students have started criticising you knowing fully well that you had a first degree before in who knows what University,many students have started criticising you that you have affiliated links with PDP(peoples democratic party) in Lagos.We all know that the Lagos State University students Union now have 2 factions,one faction are bent on resumption while your faction is still bent on still pursuing the impossible reversal,ask Adams Oshiomole he could not achieve a reversal of fuel pump price during Obasanjo's era,this shows that when resolving conflict you give and take to reach a compromise and not this unnecessary impasse.Please do not turn Lasu into a political campaign tool.Lasu is an institution of learning and not a political campaign tool.
In conclusion if we do not resume before who knows NUC might cancel the 2013/2014 seesion and we start 2014/2015 where present 100level would be merged with incoming 100level and please do not be deceived by ASUU LASU because they cannot fight for school fees it is not a recognised as a trade dispute for ASUU LASU to do so.Mr.President am speaking the minds of 95% 0f Lasiutes please all we need is vote for resumption and non resumption by qualified students of this school of learning.Lasuites are tired of this saga,we want to resume.

YOURS FAITHFULLY
IBRAHIM SHEHU
Re: An Open Letter To Lasusu President by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Human being! That guy will think he's doing the students a favour nt knwing they've turned against him. I knw lasu will neva reduce d fee again, i can bet with nokia 1600.
Re: An Open Letter To Lasusu President by realkendy(f): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
@op,pls I'm confused,is lasu resumption forestalled by lasusu or ASUU/ssanu strike?if it's the former I think d sug is not doing well cos I was against Lasg b4 the reduction of the fees,I think d sug should just give up and let the students go back 2 school,a whole academic year is gone n lasu is loosing the little glory remaining,no one wants to be admitted in a school known for incessant strikes n closure,6months of ASUU general,2months of aimless closure,now ASUU/lasu strike,na only lasu waka come?,what about nysc n law school this year?d funniest part is that majority of the students have paid the fees and they are tired of this back n forth.
Re: An Open Letter To Lasusu President by realkendy(f): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
LARRYDKING: Human being! That guy will think he's doing the students a favour nt knwing they've turned against him. I knw lasu will neva reduce d fee again, i can bet with nokia 1600.
Bros even lasusu knows that it's impossible to reduce it.WHat they are doing now is not favorable to students who are already loosing their academic session besides nobody discussed total reversal but reduction.

(1) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Post Utme 2014/15 Is Out...follow D Procedure Below For Jambite / 8 Easy Ways To Save Money As A Nigerian Student / Australia Student Visa- Strealined Visa Processing In 4weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.