Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road (1428 Views)

Gallant Nigerian Female Soldiers On Display (photo) / Benue Apc Youth Leader Looses Right Hand(graphic Photos) / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
The Lagos APC Youth leader Mr. Omotayo Sanyaolu, has strongly condemned the Friday morning carnage perpetuated by men of the Nigerian Army on Ikorodu Road, Lagos.

A terse statement from the office of the APC’s Youth Leader reads, “The destruction of state-owned property by men and women, who ought to be prepared to die while safeguarding our collective existence, is incomprehensible. This has again raised salient questions begging to be answered; who is the Nigerian's military serving? Do they represent the interest of the Nigeria people or a certain section? Is the Nigerian Army serving the interest of those who are bent on ‘capturing’ Lagos come 2015?”

“It’s day 81 today that our sisters have been kidnapped from Chibok, yet there is no hope of bringing them back alive. If men of the Nigerian Army feel the urge to unleash violence, their services is urgently needed in Sambisa forest where members of the Boko Haram terrorists are hiding.

“As much as the Youth in Lagos understand the angst of the soldiers whose colleague was alleged to have been knocked down by a BRT driver, we disagree that the incident excuses the mayhem that followed. The impunity with which those buses were burnt and others ruthlessly vandalised cannot be justified. There are procedures to be followed. In such a case as this, the RULE OF LAW requires that the driver be handed over to the civilian authority for prosecution in a civilian court.

“The Nigerian Army must understand that this is not military regime. They must remain in their barracks except a democratically elected authority request their services in quelling unrest beyond the capacity of the civil law enforcement agencies.

"Therefore, I call on the President, Chief of Defence staff and the Chief of Army Staff to see that justice is done in this matter. A failure to properly and conclusively probe today's events can have devastating consequences on our young democracy. A return to the dark days, which the young are happy to have missed and the old are eager to forget, is in no one's best interest.

"I also want to thank the ever-vibrant and indefatigable youth and people of Lagos for showing restraint in the face of today's unfortunate happening. Those who were physically manhandled and made to perform degrading acts of punishment are encouraged to seek legal redress.

"Ours is the State of Excellence and those uncomfortable with the peace and prosperity we enjoy are free to express themselves, but with less abrasiveness.

"Eko Oni Baje o!"

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
I AM USING THIS MEDIUM TO APPEAL TO ALL GOOD MEANING LAGOSIANS.....

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED BY OBANIKORO WAS HANDED THE ARMY IN LAGOS OR WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID AT ILUBINRIN HOUSING ESTATE.....NOW IT IS SOLDIERS BURNING STATE PROPERTY IN IKORODU ROAD.

WHATEVER HAPPENS PDP WILL NOT WIN LAGOS. IF ANYBODY IN ABUJA THINKS HE CAN INTIMIDATE LAGOS PEOPLE TO SUBMISSION, THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE A RETHINK.

PALMGROVE IS NOT FAR FROM OBANIKORO BUS STOP, MR OBANIKORO ARE STATE MINISTER OF DEFENCE IS A MEMBER OF THAT COMMUNITY AND HIS BOYS HAVE DONE THEIR WORST TODAY.

GOD WILL PUNISH ANYBODY THAT MENTIONS PDP TO ME AGAIN.

5 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
I don't blame the army guys. I blame the FG for granting them such freedom to misbehave. Only in Nigeria shiit like this happens and no one is punished for it.

What a shame!!

3 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by HowFar: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
berem: I don't blame the army guys. I blame the FG for granting them such freedom to misbehave. Only in Nigeria shiit like this happens and no one is punished for it.

What a shame!!

Na today, it didn't occur to you that soldiers have been doing this since independence, no?
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
berem: I don't blame the army guys. I blame the FG for granting them such freedom to misbehave. Only in Nigeria shiit like this happens and no one is punished for it.

What a shame!!

I have not of it in this light before, but I do now.

when Obanikoro was made the minister of state for defense or something and the Nigerian army handed to him, I didn't think it was a big deal. now I understand pdp calculations.

remember soldiers went to ilubinrin on the highland to disrupt the construction work going on there, now add it to the militarization of ekiti elections and todays activities of the soldiers. you see where this is leading abi!!!

yeah it sounds like a conspiracy theory but trust me as 2015 approaches we in the south west are in for a show down.

the police is not enough to threaten and cause mayhem in opposition states, now the military has been recruited on board.

think about it, what gave the soldiers the confidence to destroy those buses if not that they have be given a go ahead from power from their oga on top.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by lakpalakpa: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
By fire by force PDP must conquer of destroy Lagos!!

PDP!!!! Power!!!!

grin

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
lakpa lakpa: By fire by force PDP must conquer of destroy Lagos!!

PDP!!!! Power!!!!

grin
by the special grace of God your children will share out of this injustice

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by whirlwind7(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
That soldiers could behave in such manner in a democratic country, at a time where insecurity has been a challenge, is so mind boggling. I can't just begin to think what could have inspired an institution that professionalism and discipline has been it's mantra, to treat unarmed civilians and public property with such barbarism.

That a soldier died in a road crash is unfortunate, but will such willful destruction and chaos console the family of the bereaved?
Truly, if they are so keen to engage in combat and destruction, the entire nation will cheer them to the high heavens if they decide to mow down the entire sambisa forest. Nigeria's military are always so eager to display their might on unarmed civilians.

If the Commander In Chief, the president, the supposed defender of the masses, keeps mum over this incident, it would be a big shame. For goodness sake, I thought this country is still under a democracy! these military boys are only meant to be seen or heard when their services are needed by the country!

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by lakpalakpa: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
I-pledge:
by the special grace of God your children will share out of this injustice

Same way the injustice has destroyed and permanently dented your pitiable life..

Anyway.... Jona-daft till your mumu cure...

grin

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: I AM USING THIS MEDIUM TO APPEAL TO ALL GOOD MEANING LAGOSIANS.....

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED BY OBANIKORO WAS HANDED THE ARMY IN LAGOS OR WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID AT ILUBINRIN HOUSING ESTATE.....NOW IT IS SOLDIERS BURNING STATE PROPERTY IN IKORODU ROAD.

WHATEVER HAPPENS PDP WILL NOT WIN LAGOS. IF ANYBODY IN ABUJA THINKS HE CAN INTIMIDATE LAGOS PEOPLE TO SUBMISSION, THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE A RETHINK.

PALMGROVE IS NOT FAR FROM OBANIKORO BUS STOP, MR OBANIKORO ARE STATE MINISTER OF DEFENCE IS A MEMBER OF THAT COMMUNITY AND HIS BOYS HAVE DONE THEIR WORST TODAY.

GOD WILL PUNISH ANYBODY THAT MENTIONS PDP TO ME AGAIN.
Funny..is it pdp that burnt the bus or the Nigerian Army? Always trying to attach any wrong doing to pdp..
I'm always baffle at the way you guys tend to craft your stupidity to fit into any situation just to insult pdp..

Anyway na una sabi.... Pls try to be objective,at least if the leaders are not helping matters,the followers should not worsen the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by Randerl: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
Na U Sabi...

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
udemzy_udex:
Funny..is it pdp that burnt the bus or the Nigerian Army? Always trying to attach any wrong doing to pdp..
I'm always baffle at the way you guys tend to craft your stupidity to fit into any situation just to insult pdp..

Anyway na una sabi.... Pls try to be objective,at least if the leaders are not helping matters,the followers should not worsen the situation.

Tell me if I am wrong

Stage 1: Obanikoro was made Minster of state defense ( Invariably the army was handed to him).

Stage 2: Soldiers disrupted Ilubinrin housing estate and Obanikoro was accused of bring soldiers to the place commando style. even the Oba of Lagos was pissed off. He had to apologize to the Oba.

Stage3: Ekiti election was turned to a military operation. There were more soldiers in Ekiti during the election than Sambisa on during the week of that election. to the extent a state governor was prevented from entering the state.

Stage 4: Soldiers without remorse or fear destroyed 6 BRT in broad day light without fear or care.......

Now like I said it looks like a conspiracy theory, but don't you find it odd that just months after the appointment of Obanikoro, soldiers in south west have become worse than area boys.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by udemzyudex(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
This is not a military regime,those soldiers who were involve in this rubbish should be punish..

Their duty is to protect the citizens and not to treat them like sh*t in their country...

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by udemzyudex(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Tell me if I am wrong

Stage 1: Obanikoro was made Minster of state defense ( Invariably the army was handed to him).

Stage 2: Soldiers disrupted Ilubinrin housing estate and Obanikoro was accused of bring soldiers to the place commando style. even the Oba of Lagos was pissed off. He had to apologize to the Oba.

Stage3: Ekiti election was turned to a military operation. There were more soldiers in Ekiti during the election than Sambisa on during the week of that election. to the extent a state governor was prevented from entering the state.

Stage 4: Soldiers without remorse or fear destroyed 6 BRT in broad day light without fear or care.......

Now like I said it looks like a conspiracy theory, but don't you find it odd that just months after the appointment of Obanikoro, soldiers in south west have become worse than area boys.

Is obanikoro serving PDP or lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
udemzy_udex:

Is obanikoro serving PDP or lagos state?

Well he is suppose to be serving Nigerians not pdp, apc or jonathan.

I just wonder why his boys are destroying state property a bus stop before his family house bus stop.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by CyberWolf: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Tell me if I am wrong

Have u ever witnessed the reaction of NA whenever one of their men are killed by civilian, be it accident or in any form?
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
CyberWolf:
Have u ever witnessed the reaction of NA whenever one of their men are killed by civilian, be it accident or in any form?

Last year a soldier was killed on Ijora bridge, although soldiers came to remove his corpse yet there was no destruction of property like this.

Fast forward 6 months later and Obanikoro is Minister of state-defense and soldiers have gone haywire in Lagos. it does not add up. the same soldiers that did not burn a single brt bus some months back when one of them was killed all of a sudden develop the mind to burn 4 brt buses.

You get why I said something is fishy.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by heywhytech1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nigeria army are so useless, they are not angry over hundreds of their colleagues kills daily by Bokoharam. They are not courageous enough to engage Boko boys in Sambisa forest but they can flex their muscle, just because Kama catchup with one of their useless colleague. GEJ,if u kill us all, maybe grasses and goats will decide ur faith comes next valentine .

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
THE NIGERIAN ARMY IS SERVING THE INTEREST OF PDP

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by udemzyudex(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Well he is suppose to be serving Nigerians not pdp, apc or jonathan.

I just wonder why his boys are destroying state property a bus stop before his family house bus stop.

I won't speak ill against him because some soldiers can do silly things without him knowing anything about it.

I didn't read the full story about what happened,i only know that a BRT bus hit the okada the soldier was sitting on.. I believe there are more to this,i pray those soldiers are made to dace to the music.
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by CyberWolf: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Last year a soldier was killed on Ijora bridge, although soldiers came to remove his corpse yet there was no destruction of property like this.

Fast forward 6 months later and Obanikoro is Minister of state-defense and soldiers have gone haywire in Lagos. it does not add up. the same soldiers that did not burn a single brt bus some months back when one of them was killed all of a sudden develop the mind to burn 4 brt buses.

You get why I said something is fishy.
Did you experienced what happened in Oshodi
One certain time when a soldier was killed?
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
CyberWolf:
Did you experienced what happened in Oshodi
One certain time when a soldier was killed?

Please try to name the year..... in fact the last time soldiers did this was in the military regime. even during that time I doubt if they destroyed this much property.
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by CyberWolf: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Please try to name the year..... in fact the last time soldiers did this was in the military regime. even during that time I doubt if they destroyed this much property.
I don't remember the particular year but it was during OBJ's tenure because I'm an eye witness ,...there is another one that happened in 2011 where they killed about 3 policemen because of this same issue..this one happened around badagry..
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by tit(f): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
APC! Wolf!

from all the picture, the only thing i see is soldiers standing guard around BRT bus.
They are protecting lagos property even after Lagos killed their member.

The general who is trained in security has said the fire was caused by area boys.
Now APC youth leader who is king of area boys is accusing army and PaeDoPhile.
who do i believe?
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
tit: APC! Wolf!

from all the picture, the only thing i see is soldiers standing guard around BRT bus.
They are protecting lagos property even after Lagos killed their member.

The general who is trained in security has said the fire was caused by area boys.
Now APC youth leader who is king of area boys is accusing army and PaeDoPhile.
who do i believe?

Did you miss road or just raging mad.....

Now ran along.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
CyberWolf:
I don't remember the particular year but it was during OBJ's tenure because I'm an eye witness ,...there is another one that happened in 2011 where they killed about 3 policemen because of this same issue..this one happened around badagry..

Yeah the badagry incident is quite true....

A police killed a soldier and three officers wanted to go plead with the army guys in the barracks. but on getting there, they were killed by the soldiers boys. it later escalated to a free for all between soldiers and police.

So the question is, when will the ruling class put these soldiers in check.

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by gbeseun(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
All said and said pretty well,soldiers were to protect our territory and not be causing mayhem in d busy township,flexing muscles or showing powers must be directed straight towards releasing our sisters who are trapped in the hands of lame goats in sambisa forest and not on innocent and harp less citizen of Nigerian.
Tax payers moneies were used to feed these lazy brush of uninformed uniformed men for crying out loud,why can't they reason that we are in demo crazy whereby there services were not required here,
Nigerians are another slaves in their father land and it is not a cause to be born here,musiliu obanikoro should be wart of his actions for today because he won't ever progress in life if only he's having bad precept about lagos and south west in general.
Going to ilubirin in a gestapo style and commando form will not bring PDP to marina lagos house,nor he will crown PDP winner of the election.
Knowing fully well that election will be invariably held in feb 2015 there won't be easy access for koro to bring thugs in army uniform to cause mayhem in lagos.let people decide their leader and if there is third term let Babatunde raji fasola continue.
RKO oni name ooo

1 Like

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mr Apc youth leader and apc sympathizers, you guys should stop trying to turn every thing political even when its obvious there is nothing political about it.

What happened in Lagos is very very bad and the actions of those soldiers is illegal but everyone knows that the military still think they are still in power (when most past presidents were all retired generals).

A brt bus hit and killed a soldier, fellow soldiers retaliated and burnt brt buses with collateral damage and am very sure they never received an order to do that, there is a reason why Nigerians from different states say that the Nigerian military is uncivilized and unprofessional, if you fight an army official, they will come for retaliation, if a keke na pepe hits an army official they will destroy all keke na pepe at their reach regardless of the state and the party ruling the state. They are unprofessional bunch of people, it has happened in lots of pdp states so don't turn it into another pdp vs apc war.

Everyone in Nigeria knows that if a soldier is harmed by a civilian they will come for retaliation, one apprentice once fought with a soldier on mofty in a market few months back, the event that followed lead to lost of goods and money to everyone in that market as they all contributed to pay the soldiers off, it is just like a daily occurrence in Nigeria.
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by CyberWolf: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Yeah the badagry incident is quite true....

A police killed a soldier and three officers wanted to go plead with the army guys in the barracks. but on getting there, they were killed by the soldiers boys. it later escalated to a free for all between soldiers and police.

So the question is, when will the ruling class put these soldiers in check.
I think the blame should go the Army executives..
Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by NewNigeriaMind: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
CyberWolf:
I think the blame should go the Army executives..

Well somebody in civilian cloth is the boss of the highest ranked army general in Nigeria. They are not keeping them in cheque.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Youth Leader Statement On Todays Carnage Caused By Soldiers On Ikorodu Road by aj1802001: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
I am so disappointed in a lot of the bloggers on this site. You are now saying that Mr Obanikoro was instrumental to the mayhem raised by the army boys? Why not also say that Apc started the issue by sending one of their buses as a weapon to kill and start the fight. Both of these institutions are funded by taxpayers and at such, both should be held accountable in this situation. The situation is not political but a sign that we humans should learn to respect the sanctity of human life and also the make ourselves accountable to the rule of law. Foolish of Apc to start a blame game.

(1) (Reply)

Factbox: The Effect Of Russia Sanctions On European Companies / High Rate Of Unemployment Plagues Nigeria, What Should Be Done Or Change? / Why Was My Post On Terrorism Hidden???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.