Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,374 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil (587 Views)

The Veil Of Forgetfulness - Life Before Birth / The Pattern In The Mountain / Jack Straw Versus The Veil Of Aisha Bint Talha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil by BraveGuy: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Brother John releases another article that helps reading the Bible in a fascinating way:
http://brotherjohn.org/the-pattern-the-letter-and-the-veil/

Let me quote him:
The Nonsense That Makes Sense
Have you ever wondered why we have so many Bible professors who have vast knowledge of Hebrew, Greek and Latin, together with the history and archaeological records and all kinds of knowledge about the Books of the Bible, yet have no relationship with God nor have any clue as to the reality of Christ?

There are many people with this level of understanding (intellectual) and have become pastors, preachers, professors and doctors of divinity, yet they have no personal relationship with Christ – their names are not in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Revelation 21:27). They know about God, but don’t really know God.

When you have a congregation that have people snoozing or responding to their mobile phones during a sermon, it is usually because the sermon is boring and full of intellectual exercise. So, the people get their brains worked to the point of fatigue and soon become disinterested or get exhausted in trying to keep up with the intellectual gymnastics.

You must read the whole: http://brotherjohn.org/the-pattern-the-letter-and-the-veil/

I can't wait for him to share the 2nd part.
Re: The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil by Ezedon(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Still expectin a meaningful point
Re: The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil by BraveGuy: 12:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Ezedon: Still expectin a meaningful point

What meaningful point?

Have you seen a simple breakdown of Biblical understanding like that before?
He defined the three levels of Biblical understanding, according to the pattern of the Temple in the Old Testament?

Have you ever seen or read something like that before?

If, from the title only, you can't see what he's saying; sorry, it is not for you and I can't help you.

God Bless
Re: The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil by BraveGuy: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
I can't seem to get enough on this enlightening statement from this man.

Here is an excerpt that blessed me:

[size=14pt]In other words there are three levels of understanding in the comprehension of the Word of God; and if you have it at the back of your mind that there are three levels of understanding to the Scriptures, which is patterned according to the design of the temple, then you will do well.
#1. Intellectual Understanding
#2. Spiritual Understanding
#3. Fullness Understanding
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

When Heaven Opens / Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself / A Question That Have Been Pondering About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.