|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,638,584 members, 6,173,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 February 2021 at 07:52 PM
When Will Uwazurike Understand That He's No longer Relevant To Massob And Ipob? / So Bola Tinubu Is No Longer Relevant ? Feast Your Eyes / Cramjones exiting, No Longer Relevant On Nairaland - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)
|Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by PhockPhockMan: 3:58am On Jul 05, 2014|
A Lagos-based lawyer and activist, Mr. Fred Agbaje, has said that the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is no longer relevant in the South-West politics.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by jeffizy(m): 4:10am On Jul 05, 2014|
Agbaje, your 1 minute of fame starts now!
Use it well.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:18am On Jul 05, 2014|
Tinubu was never popular in SW. Tinubu was popular because of fashola and people like amosun. Nobody likes the minute that much. We jes respected his guts wen he stood up against PDP
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by reedbam: 5:36am On Jul 05, 2014|
Every Individual figure became irrelevant in Nigerian politics since 2011, ask obj how bankole and iyabo obasanjo lost even in their constituencies.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by PaulJohn1: 5:40am On Jul 05, 2014|
A guy that has the governors of the three most viable states economically & most populated (Lag, Ogun, & Oyo) in SW as his allies and four of the Six SWtern states gov. is no longer relevant?!
Agbaje, wake up!!
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 05, 2014|
Paul John: A guy that has the governors of the three most viable states economically & most populated (Lag, Ogun, & Oyo) in SW as his allies and four of the Six SWtern states gov. is no longer relevant?!
Bros u know de understand simple grammar? He means Tinubu no longer has any influence in chosing political leaders for the SW zone as the voters no longer regard his opinion when voting for candidates!!! By Feb 2015,we will see how many of these states you mentioned that APC will win.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by PaulJohn1: 6:06am On Jul 05, 2014|
He wouldn't know if voters of SW no longer regard Tinubu's opinion in electing their governors, because no stats or election is there to prove it. Using Ekiti's election outcome as yardstick is delusional. Not until after next year's election, no certainty.
Osun's(my state) next month election should be a pointer though.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 05, 2014|
The wool has been pulled out of the people's eyes,they now realized that Tinubu is a grandeur of deceit,lies,and cheat..all his political stooges are for his personal benefits..the people are wise,I want all SW to be wrestled from his monopolised grip.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by fitzmayowa: 6:25am On Jul 05, 2014|
And fred agbaje is relevant
Ogbeni Fred Agbaje use your 15 minutes of fame well...you might not get another shot again...
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by MidaxPhoenix(m): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2014|
Errors of opinion can be tolerated where reason are left to combat it..
As Ekiti indigenes seek succour in Fayose and repelled JKF, the APC and the progressives at large, i will opine that the real winners in this elections are Adamu muazu, Bode George, Buruji kashamu and the PDP inner caucus and cimulatively President GEJ.
The collective decision to vote Fayose is a pure political move rather than developmental, that yorubas are vindictive, attention seeking and unforgiven cannot be over emphasised. The so-call political sophistication is borne out of the individualistic tendency in decision making.
The yorubas pride itself in its ability to repel oppression and make individual decision and that it took PDP so long to realise this is really gawking.
History has shown this over time, Awolowo was well loved but lost election serially, Abiola was voted en masse during election but was sent to the guillotine by the silence of some citing that shouted that he betrayed awolowo s reasons.
APC---- the long road to penury in south west
1) The “Man of the year” Bola tinubu announced in lagos after 2011 election that ACN will be joining mainstream politics as a national opposition party, well nothing bad in that except that our local hero now want to go national.
2) He reiterated this by asking Ganiyu solomon to step down for George akume as minority leader and rallied for a standing committee chairman for solomon after vests showing PDP umbrellas hovering above Solomon sufficed in lagos.
3) As election results streamed in, APC jubilates as babafemi ojudu was elected senators, a friend in The news, pm news would not allow me rest, chairman has won he kept shouting. The political gurus in APC opined otherwise, scolded against the choice of ojudu but the man of the year remained adamant, he has to pay him back for his support against fawehinmi. The losers in that election were Fayose and opeyemi bamidele ( he was left in the cold), kayode alufa merely represented PDP. That was the genesis, they were short changed, Fayose shouted to the heavens that ACN promised not to field a candidate against him while opeyemi was perplexed, her served The man and worked assidouly to make fayemi emerge, even stepped down in primary.
4) The local government elections across the states was characterised by anointing of candidates by croonies of the man, political appointment was based on lineage, how connected you are to the man around the man. His attention was in abuja, he left his house to his men and frolick with baba akande around the north.
5) The principle of internal democracy is a taboo in ACN, to qualify as the man;s choice, you just need to have a sterling CV, speak good grammar and plegdge loyalty to the lion of boudillon., which was good initially but a the party becomes bigger, it became the bane of implosion. The choice of aketi in ondo was a political suicide, the think-thank warned but the man stuck to his gun... the fashola experiment worked he kept saying and akeredolu has paid his dues. He kept recruiting technocrats as flag bearers believing that his popularity is enough to win votes..... the grandeur of invisibility.
6) The grand master of political gimmick in south west, Lord mimiko had called the bluff of ACN sequel to his election by telling the man that they were squared. The man helped him with salami know-how to get rid of Agagu and he in turn provided the fund and logistics to prosecute court cases in oyo and ekiti.
Hence he detest Aregbe and sees him as a beneficiary of his political strategy.... and when his friends deserted him to APC, he turned to his friend, FAYOSE and anyanwu for support from abuja, the foolhardy decision to field aketi paid mimiko and the rest is history. But nevertheless another politician felt short changed and oppressed.
7) Across the niger, a man of the people, Chris ngige lost an election due to his affiliation to the man”s party, the personality of the man was the bullet point of the manifesto as i refuse to believe that igbos will not vote for any party except PDP , yes they will, afterall they voted orji kalu party and apga but the character and antecedent of the man remains a clog in the wheel.
Now that the party is national and our hero has gained national prominence, the man even went to united state as a democrat smiling like an agbero, seats were won without casting a ballots, governors defected, some even turned to drivers (our brother that stays in the port), others self appointed publicity secretaries (bros Nyako) etc. Yes, the man is now a national name.
9) As elections are staggered in southwest, he suddenly remember that the party has election in two states. The think-tank had relocated to abuja, the normal one year preparatory excercise was done in five months. His return from abuja met a divided party, osoba was fighting amosun, Epes already have a governorship candidate that wiil not step down and the lagos and ikoyi country club boys have annointed one of their own, not negotiable afterall we have done his wish so far, they muttered, badagry is seething and lagos mainland guys have started getting ideas . Ajumobi was fighting poverty, nurtw dissident memebers and akala in oyo, and accord, LP party kept gaining grounds... they now have a slang “no more baba sope” it means no more, the father said” a slogan agianst imposition.
10) The man kept calming party loyalists, the magic wand is still intact. As ekiti approaches, opeyemi voiced his dissenting opinion and was sent packing. A former comissioner under the man, a grass root politician, he left and mimiko provided the platform to contest, not win. The PDP was still shopping for a candidate, the election looks secured for APC and the man kept opening his stained teeth.
11) The recent bashing of PDP home and away jolted the party back in shape, we don't need to win election muazu reminds them, we just need to gain the majority back. And that means apc must not win, support the third party and present a lackey on PDP platform. And it worked like magic, Ondo and anambra was wrestled from APC.
12) But the Ekiti case presented a different formation, the third party is not strong enough and the candidate is a former APC memeber, hence the PDP needs a strong candidate. A man that can mobilise the people, someone that felt short changed and one name kept appearing ..FAYOSE.
13) Muazu gave the go-ahead, George provided logistics, buruji channelled the funds and the magic rice and the national office have to pull the federal might. Polls have shown that fayose will win fayemi in a free and fair election, therefore no rigging. I have always opined that
APGA/LP - RIG
APC --- RIGGER
PDP --- RIGGEST
14) Infact PDP is the largest party in Africa with the most effective rigging mechanism in the world'' but on this occasion, it has no reason to rig, they have presented the better candidate.
15) They don't mobilise voters, they mobilise election officials and the police.
16) APC has the monopoly of intellectual thugs, the newspapers and social network.
17) AN AGRREGATION OF THE OPPRESSED IS AN HEADACHE TO THE OPPRESSOR
The man turned to the last resort, lets buy the votes. A PDP styled modus operandi shows frustration from APC but the PDP have bought the votes before election, they paid with well packaged rice. Feedbacks were bad but the man kept pulling strings, called his new national buddies to come help him fight in his backyard, an admission of failure. He tried the last roll of the dice in ibadan on Friday at arisekola burial but it was too late and too little and THE MAN FAILED AGAIN..
18) This has shown that we need to build party structure around ideology and principles, though we cannot shy away from the servitude of the main core of any party and the tendency to exert influence in the running of events, the voice of the members should not be drowned by the alpha presence of a leader.
19) The people of ekiti respects fayemi but loved fayose. Fayemi represents the elites, well bred gentleman, hence was disconnected from the people. His agenda was elitist to the common man, he doesnt ride bike, talk loudly and campaign in markets, the teachers were intimidated by his CV, his cronies made life unbearable for the common man, not nelecting the lagos factor. Hence the majority settled for the man of the people, FAYOSE, his sins were forgiven.
20) Politics is not a fair game and morals have no place.
21) Congrats to FAYOSE, BURUJI, south west PDP and president Jonathan , you guys outdone the APC.
22)the hasty congratulations and concession of defeat by the APC is a good thing for democracy and a ploy to save face towards Osun, hence the visit to oyinlola on Sunday. The Man has gotten the message and responded accordingly... he has to keep his party intact to have a influence in national politics...even if it means dining with arch enemies like oyinlola to send warnings to omisore.. a show of political capabilities..
The man is likely to go back to his default setting, match PDP thug for thug, bribe for bribe, equal number of inec officials and rice for rice....as he battles the Awo effect...
Awo effect... a phenomenon in Nigerian politics where a man is well loved as a local or regional. Hero, respected for his political sagacity but cannot win a national election.
To the yorubas, “demo mo wa, bi o ri owo mi, o ri inu mi”
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by OwoLee(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2014|
There we go again, Nigeria. Always suffering from
amnesia and never really showing that they know what
they really want. All of a sudden, Tinubu has become
the bad guy of politics. What a pity! Was it Tinubu Ekiti
people voted against or what they considered as ‘aloof
governance’? Where were all these noise make
politicians when Tinubu stood alone, as an AD
governor, for the principles and ideologies he believed
in especially when all other politicians were decamping
to the ‘happening’ party? For me, Tinubu might not be
the best guy around but the fact that he resisted the
temptations and overtures of the multitude should earn
hi a measure of respect. If majority of Nigerians were
people who stood for ideologies they believed in,
Nigeria would not be in this sorry state. But
unfortunately, many of them are only after what they
can put in their stomachs. If APC should win elections
at the federal level today, majority of the people
denigrating Tinubu will suddenly see start seeing him
as a ‘God-sent politicians who rescued Nigeria’,
honouring him with unimaginable awards here and
there. Fair-weather politicians!!
The whole tragedy in the whole thing is the inability of
Nigerians to really read between the lines. Politicians
have their own agenda but unfortunately, ordinary
Nigerians seem to have difficulties understanding that.
No wonder the country is struggling so hard. Now,
Tinubu is the problem, in the warped view of Nigerians.
Too bad, when we can’t think deeply. No wonder they
say ‘a people deserve the kind of leaders they get’.
Lastly, I am not an ethnic chauvinist but I find it hard
not to share that sentiment now. Is something not
wrong with Yorubas? As of the last time I checked, if the
northerners or easterners have someone in the mould of
Tinubu who represents their brand (building their
regional party to a national one) would they be
denigrating the person as much as Yorubas are doing? I
doubt! Why not scold the guy within and present a
United front without?
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Randerl: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2014|
WTF..... Are Kidding Me?
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Firefire(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2014|
Yomieluv: The wool has been pulled out of the people's eyes,they now realized that Tinubu is a grandeur of deceit,lies,and cheat..all his political stooges are for his personal benefits..the people are wise,I want all SW to be wrestled from his monopolised grip.
Firefire: "The Tinubu Dynasty: Yes, it is true that Oluremi Tinubu, his wife, is in the Senate. It is true that Hon.Oye, his son in law is in the House of Representatives and it is true that his daughter, Mrs Shade Oye is the Iyaloja -General of Lagos".
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2014|
Tinubu the thief.
Stealing SW blind since '99
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by 5gpa: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2014|
also shows that the President could not be sure
of re-election in 2015 if he does not meet up
with people’s expectations. Incumbency is
nothing when the people’s will is strong.
#HISROYALHARDNESS, NA YOUR PAPA MONEY HE STOLE
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by texaco1: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2014|
To be candid ,ttinubu has never been a deciding factor that could be reckoned with ,although he wielded much influence in apc . What made tinubu popular and somehow strong then was the achievements and programmes of fashola ,ppl in the south west voted for apc with the assumption that apc will give them governors and leaders like fashola who will turn their states around,I don't think yorubas voted for aoc because of tinuubu,but tinubu was the one dictating who gets anything Withing apc.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Ayorh4you(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2014|
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by VAQAXY: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2014|
The frog-eyed sold the entire "sophisticated" region to the ordinary almajiris!
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Ayorh4you(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2014|
BABA JUST DEY USE OLD FORM DEY SCAM PEOPLE. IV ALWAYS KNOWN HE'S DEAD AND GONE. RIP TO THE supporter of APC SH!TS
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by VAQAXY: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2014|
Obinoscopy is the NL sanest mod! He is unbiased and mentally matured for modship!
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by 1stola: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2014|
I'm not a fan and will not be a fan of tinubu but, the question is
Is he agbaje Relevant?
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by doncaster(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2014|
chukwudi44:Even if APC wins them, the governor must come through primaries and when that happens their will be no tinubu to dictate to them since he did not select them. That is to say his Godfatherism stops at Ekiti state. That is good for democracy.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2014|
I'm happy he was never relevant to me before but only to south west people, but since they understand the fact now that tinubu is not only a BIG THIEF but also a deceiver I said congrat to all the south west people....
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by otijah(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2014|
everybody's eyes is beginning to open little by little
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by LMAyedun(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2014|
Obviously, Tinubu is out of the game with his failed APC.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Dymaco(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2014|
All said but tinubu have an objective he wants to achieve.
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by shizzle1: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2014|
Yomieluv: The wool has been pulled out of the people's eyes,they now realized that Tinubu is a grandeur of deceit,lies,and cheat..all his political stooges are for his personal benefits..the people are wise,I want all SW to be wrestled from his monopolised grip.well said bruv! well said.
his grip and influence on SW politics is dwindling gradually and has started already in ekiti, osun is next in line
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Busuyib(f): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2014|
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Innodon(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2014|
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2014|
SLIDE waxie: Tinubu was never popular in SW. Tinubu was popular because of fashola and people like amosun. Nobody likes the minute that much. We jes respected his guts wen he stood up against PDPTinubu popular because of Fashola? That indeed funny!Firstly I am no fan of Tinubu but there is no signature project in Lagos that Fashola can claim credit for . Whether it is the BRT project or the Housing schemes,refurbishing Balogun market ,the Metro project,the Badagry expressway etc .These were ALL initiated under Tinubu.More importantly the revenue collection (IGR) which Fashola enjoys were also initiated under Tinubu who had to endure the withholding of LG funds by Obasanjo and several other acts of hostility from the FG. Everyone who knows anything about Lagos knows when the construction of the concrete barriers for BRT lanes happened.
Tinubu as a person is probably the main reason we are not in a ONE PARTY state today.
Having said that he has overreached himself with certain actions; installation of his wife as senator,his daughter as Iyaloja and his recent pronouncement on Obas in Yoruba land. These have revealed a very dangerous side to the man.
Democracy is not all about political parties.The people have a role to play. WE do not need to have one "good" and one "bad" party let us work to improve both parties and encourage positive competition. What we are seeing with Tinubu so early on is that he can be just as bad as PDP or even worse if there are no alternatives and so the voter must be vigilant. Still Tinubu is successful because he knows a lot about politics.Ekiti shows he does not know everything
|Re: Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. by Firefire(m): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2014|
Goodbye Tinubu, goodbye APC
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186