Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! (1620 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / Who Need Modem When You Can Use Your Mobile Hotspots / Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:30am On Jul 05, 2014
Many people have been wondering which modem to buy.. some have been wondering whether mtn na best..abi na glo ni..some say airtel...
The real way to enjoy internet on your pc is to use your phone...yeah your android phones... your phone can be used as yur modem..irrespective of the dataplan on it ..(for mobile or for pc) ...but make sure the data is much sha.its very easy to use.
procedures
1. connect your phone to ur pc with usb cable
2. goto settings on your phone
3. goto wireless settings
4, goto tethering and portable hotspot
5. choose usb tethering.. lobatan enjoy your internet

1 Like

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2014
see this

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2014
and this

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2014
then

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2014
so... uhmm choose usb tethering..
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by fr3do(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2014
You can still use wifi hotspot you know!
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2014
fr3do: You can still use wifi hotspot you know!
yeahh. i wonder why people buy modems
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2014
wifi hotspot will drain your battery...if its tethering you use ur phone will be charging at the same time ure using it

1 Like

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by fr3do(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: yeahh. i wonder why people buy modems

to give their phones a break!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2014
fr3do:

shebi with tethering they will just connect the phone and leave it...the phone is on break already na
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by cirmuell(m): 8:38am On Jul 05, 2014
duh! grin
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2014
cirmuell: duh! grin
undecided
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by cirmuell(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: undecided
first off, pple know...well unless those dat buy Android just to make calls and watch movies, second, it's not ewrybody dat needs a modem owns an Android! gerrit?
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by femi4: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: shebi with tethering they will just connect the phone and leave it...the phone is on break already na
With the battery working x2, how is the phone on break?

Modem is better anytime, no call interruption/interference,

No battery getting hot

1 Like

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by bobojoshua(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: Many people have been wondering which modem to buy.. some have been wondering whether mtn na best..abi na glo ni..some say airtel...
The real way to enjoy internet on your pc is to use your phone...yeah your android phones... your phone can be used as yur modem..irrespective of the dataplan on it ..(for mobile or for pc) ...but make sure the data is much sha.its very easy to use.
procedures
1. connect your phone to ur pc with usb cable
2. goto settings on your phone
3. goto wireless settings
4, goto tethering and portable hotspot
5. choose usb tethering.. lobatan enjoy your internet
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by jibrinseidu: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2014
it is more easier using modem
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by parrotibaba(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2014
jibrinseidu: it is more easier using modem
gbam!!!
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by chinedumo(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2014
I dislike this method because of transfer speed.

With usb cord the maximum i get is 3mbps.

It limits download speed.

Moderm can give you up to 20mbps
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by OCTAVO: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2014
fr3do:

femi4: With the battery working x2, how is the phone on break?

No battery getting hot
Una head correct no be small!
Anyone that receives or makes a lot of calls will end up being frustrated while trying to tether with an android phone. Modem is the best alternative in this case!
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
femi4: With the battery working x2, how is the phone on break?

No battery getting hot
the battery is always charging while tethering na... i dnt get you sir..
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
cirmuell: first off, pple know...well unless those dat buy Android just to make calls and watch movies, second, it's not ewrybody dat needs a modem owns an Android! gerrit?
bruv because you knew the info being passed doesnt mean everybody knows... in omawimi's voice* sharing is caring grin and caring is sharing grin
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by femi4: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: the battery is always charging while tethering na... i dnt get you sir..
The battery get hot. Not good for the battery life
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
femi4: The battery get hot. Not good for the battery life
okayyy... i don hear... i thought make person wey no know no... na another thing i collect untop am... hmm
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by femi4: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten: okayyy... i don hear... i thought make person wey no know no... na another thing i collect untop am... hmm
I use it too but not for long like I will use modem 7hrs non stop

1 Like

Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
I can't remember the last time I used a modem I'm steady on my wifi tether using my galaxy phone and in all honesty it doesn't get hot besides the battery drainage is considerably okay for me..... My download speed is just so awesome even more than what modem offers.
NB: when you hear Android phone please don't try using your techno phones with low ram.
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by ahkenaten(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
colly227: I can't remember the last time I used a modem I'm steady on my wifi tether using my galaxy phone and in all honesty it doesn't get hot besides the battery drainage is considerably okay for me..... My download speed is just so awesome even more than what modem offers.
NB: when you hear Android phone please don't try using your techno phones with low ram.
tecno too is working with tethering..i wonder why people hate tecno...because its cheaper than your own phone doesnt mean it wont work..or that its not good
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by bumdish: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
ahkenaten
What happens if you have to leave the house while someone else needs the internet? Do you leave your phone with the person?
Re: Why Buy Modem When You Can Use Your Android!!! by Oahray: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
A modem is better in every way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus / Help Me Win An Iphone / I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.