Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,624 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani (573 Views)

Juve Want Gotze, Vidal To Bayern / The Paradoxical Arrival Vidal To Manchester United / Vidal To Manchester United Is OFF! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by valweez(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2014
The Red Devils could turn their attention back to £37m-rated Sporting Lisbon defensive midfielder William Carvalho after being quoted a huge fee by Juventus for the Chilean

Juventus have told Manchester United they will have to pay £45 million for Arturo Vidal - and include Nani in a player-plus-cash deal - if they want to sign the Chile international, we understand that.

United are in the market for a central midfielder this summer, with Louis van Gaal a known admirer of Vidal.

But the £45m fee quoted to executive vice chairman Ed Woodward's camp could prove to be too much for the Red Devils after already signing Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera for a combined total in excess of £55m.

Instead, United look likely to turn their attention back to Sporting Lisbon defensive midfielder William Carvalho.

Both Manchester clubs have been monitoring Carvalho for several months and, while he would prove a cheaper option for Van Gaal, the Portugal international would still cost the Red Devils £37m.

Sporting director Augusto Ignacio recently revealed that Carvalho could leave the club but hinted that they would receive a substantial transfer fee for any sale.

"It's not like the old days when players left Sporting at any price," Ignacio told the Portuguese club's official TV channel.

"We are not concerned with William Carvalho because we have alternatives who will want to play as well.

"The termination clause ensures a great deal to Sporting. I am very pleased with the negotiations.

"It is not easy to negotiate for players - you need to be very shrewd - but Sporting have a president who knows how to negotiate with anyone and what is best for the club."
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by kamikaze2458(m): 10:19am On Jul 05, 2014
In as much as i have not seen much of william Cavarlho in action, and juventus are demanding a huge fee for vidal, i think manutd should be looking at other options. I saw Gustavo played for brazil and i am impressed.
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by valweez(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2014
Yah..gustavo is good
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2014
Some reports are saying Shehu Abdulahi may move to sporting Lisbon as replacement for William carvallho
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by valweez(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Yeah true
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by kgbd(m): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
If Pogba and Vidal are as good as been hyped, (£60 and £45 plus a good winger like nani) why couldn't they conquer europe? With the beasty and ever green Pirlo backing them up in the middle.... If pogba is worth £60 then James should be £120.
Re: Vidal To Cost Manutd 45million Plus Nani by valweez(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
James is too good.. But cannot b 120mill

(1) (Reply)

Important Question: Where Will The Germans Sleep Tonight? / Iheanacho Scores On Man City Debut / Giggs: Van Gaal Is 'infectious'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.