Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger (57973 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Need Whatsapp Messenger For Nokia Xpressmusic / I Need A Link To Get WHATSAPP MESSENGER For Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by holarid(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
dis sounds really fun, except dat windows phone has no file explorer. so i cnt access my SD card embarassed
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Leonoble(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
acidtalk: Do you know you can be jobless for life spending your entire day on whatsapp?

Do you know while you are chatting your life away on whatsapp hundreds of your mate are out there hustling to better their lives.
lolxxx wish d can read understn wat u rili mean by dat...nyc 1
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by idirect(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice post

1 Like

Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by 25kobo: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
How do you avoid the time stamp on whatsapp?
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by vizier007(m): 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: Lemme change someone's dp first
d change will only be effective on ur own phone.. The person's real d.p will be shown to other people...
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Markenny(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
25kobo: How do you avoid the time stamp on whatsapp?

Option avaliable only on iphone ...
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Markenny(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Markenny:

Option avaliable only on iphone ...

Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Handcuff: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
leisuretym:

Hehehehe! You don't want to go and do your job in chibok?

Those of you police guys harassing boys on the road will henceforth be transferred to chibok, you will arrest all boko member driving with old plate number and expired driver's license! That's not a big deal na? Handcuff? Your salary will be increased!

I will be going on a VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by crowley(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sorry for my poor post

Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Barselonia(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
duni04: nd hw can u delete pple?
and u can block d person if u wish.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by oskaaay(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mrguru: Whatsapp is a great messenger that works as a cross platform mobile messaging app, which allows users to send or exchange SMS to each other with no service charges.

Whatsapp, has covered it's usage to over 500 million active users with billions of messages being sent every day, and over 70% of whatsapp users, are online for daily usage.

Today's stroll, I would highlight the top 5 Things You don't Know about the Whatsapp Messenger.

5 Things You don't Know about the Whatsapp Messenger
1.Do you know you can activate your whatsapp with no sim on your device?
Regarding to some tablet users that makes use of dongle on their device due to no sim slot, it's been comfirmed that whatsapp registration doesn't require sim cards on your device to activate registration.
At normal instict, to have a verified whatsapp account, you've to make clear to them that, you're the rightful owner of that account by slotting your sim into your device to proceed verification. With your sim in your device, your registration process would pass their normal verification procedure, but when your sim isn't in your device, then you would recieve an sms verification code or call verirfication which is another alternative to verifying your whatsapp messenger.
To know more about verification with no sim, check in here.

2.Do you know that you can share files of other format apart from audio and videos?
It's been common to you guys that whatsapp is limited to audios and videos file sharing. Now, you can share other files likePDF, EXE, RAR, APK, and ZIPvia whatsapp. Actually, to perform this fuction, you would need to download cloudsend app on your device, with the cloudsend app, sharing files of other format to whatsapp would be made easy. You just need to link the app with cloudsend dropbox, then allow. Simply share the file to cloudsend and a direct link would be provided in which you can share the link in any messenging platform, then that document, app or file would directly be downloaded by your friends you shared it with.

3.Do you Know that deleted Messages can be recovered?

Normally, whatsapp messenger helps to save all our chats on SD cards, so that we can be on the safer side.
Maybe, due to some reasons, your messages on whatsapp got lost, here are some useful tips to recover them:
Go to whatspp SD >> Card >> Database. In the database, you would see file likemsgstore.db.crypt, which contains all recieved and sent messages, and also file like yyyy-msgstore..dd..db.cryptwould be discovered, which contains messages that was sent in the last seen days. So, what you would simply do, is to open those files with a simple text editor, and you can find and read all messages from there.

4.Do you know that you can change your friends profile picture?
It's a good thing teasing your friends with this weird fact, because you don't actually change their profile pics, but you can fix any profile pics that stands a represntation to that you friends contact on whatsapp.
It's easy, all you need to do is, get an image you'd wish to use for your friends profile pic, then make sure it's resized to 561x561 pixels, and also give a name to the cell number of the whatsapp user (your friend's name) and follow the below procedure:
Save the Image to SD card >> Move to whatsapp >> then profile pics. Then you can simple overwrite your friends previous pics from there.

5.Do you know that you can also create a fake chat conversation on whatsapp?

You want to also tease you friends that you've most celebs contact with you, like Bill gates, Jay-z, Don-jazzy e.t.c. Here's what you would do. Get the whatsapp whatsaid app on your device, and with the app, you get to trick your friends by making up any chat/conversation in any way they would believe through the app.

Source:+ http://www.guruswizard.com/2014/07/5-things-you-dont-know-about-whatsapp.html

NOTED....THANKS SO MUCH! grin shocked grin shocked grin
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by farano(f): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
son of a God:
Plz how to I access d SD card data base stuff,my gf always deletes her msgs ,its about time I find out what she has been deleting
You wanna invite high blood pressure then! grin grin
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
you can also send anyone a perfect map of where you are in the world. Almost like location finder. Meaning you can know were your friend is, no more lies.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by onyeuka: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
vizier007:
d change will only be effective on ur own phone.. The person's real d.p will be shown to other people...
lolz na rubbish nah
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by ohosi4real(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jobless idiot people
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by legba1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mrguru: Whatsapp is a great messenger that works as a cross platform mobile messaging app, which allows users to send or exchange SMS to each other with no service charges.

Whatsapp, has covered it's usage to over 500 million active users with billions of messages being sent every day, and over 70% of whatsapp users, are online for daily usage.

Today's stroll, I would highlight the top 5 Things You don't Know about the Whatsapp Messenger.

Regarding to some tablet users that makes use of dongle on their device due to no sim slot, it's been comfirmed that whatsapp registration doesn't require sim cards on your device to activate registration.
At normal instict, to have a verified whatsapp account, you've to make clear to them that, you're the rightful owner of that account by slotting your sim into your device to proceed verification. With your sim in your device, your registration process would pass their normal verification procedure, but when your sim isn't in your device, then you would recieve an sms verification code or call verirfication which is another alternative to verifying your whatsapp messenger.

2.Do you know that you can share files of other format apart from audio and videos?
It's been common to you guys that whatsapp is limited to audios and videos file sharing. Now, you can share other files likePDF, EXE, RAR, APK, and ZIPvia whatsapp. Actually, to perform this fuction, you would need to download cloudsend app on your device, with the cloudsend app, sharing files of other format to whatsapp would be made easy. You just need to link the app with cloudsend dropbox, then allow. Simply share the file to cloudsend and a direct link would be provided in which you can share the link in any messenging platform, then that document, app or file would directly be downloaded by your friends you shared it with.

Normally, whatsapp messenger helps to save all our chats on SD cards, so that we can be on the safer side.
Maybe, due to some reasons, your messages on whatsapp got lost, here are some useful tips to recover them:
Go to whatspp SD >> Card >> Database. In the database, you would see file likemsgstore.db.crypt, which contains all recieved and sent messages, and also file like yyyy-msgstore..dd..db.cryptwould be discovered, which contains messages that was sent in the last seen days. So, what you would simply do, is to open those files with a simple text editor, and you can find and read all messages from there.

It's a good thing teasing your friends with this weird fact, because you don't actually change their profile pics, but you can fix any profile pics that stands a represntation to that you friends contact on whatsapp.
It's easy, all you need to do is, get an image you'd wish to use for your friends profile pic, then make sure it's resized to 561x561 pixels, and also give a name to the cell number of the whatsapp user (your friend's name) and follow the below procedure:
Save the Image to SD card >> Move to whatsapp >> then profile pics. Then you can simple overwrite your friends previous pics from there.

You want to also tease you friends that you've most celebs contact with you, like Bill gates, Jay-z, Don-jazzy e.t.c. Here's what you would do. Get the whatsapp whatsaid app on your device, and with the app, you get to trick your friends by making up any chat/conversation in any way they would believe through the app.
@OP, pls help me. I have been trying to activate my wife's watsapp acount to no avail. She usses a sony expera arch android. The set up had completed the phone number verification phase but asking for her name which she kept failing and I just cant find a way to bypass this phase, it causing bad blood cos I use my own watsapp while hers been stuck at this point.pls inbox me if theres anytin I am expected to do.ogojah@gmail.com.pls help me out.

Source:+ http://www.guruswizard.com/2014/07/5-things-you-dont-know-about-whatsapp.html
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Philipsdael(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2014

OP, the only thing i'll really like toknow is how to re-download pictures that was sent to me, wayback but i can still see the pics (in a smaller form) whenever i chck it in the media-file of the friend's account.
Pls if u knw how to re-download it. Pls share the info with us.
Thanks
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Motolank: 4:44am On Jul 07, 2014
Wherre does the rar,sac.... Live
Can watsapp prepare egunsi soup?
undecided undecided
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2014
vizier007:
so Wats the need
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by aemmy: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2014
so Wats the need

I wonder
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Ijaya123: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2014

Thanks for the write up. I tried recovering my deleted messages using what you recommended but the text editing app only displayed the content in a language I can't comprehend. Any way to go about that?
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by nasty45(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2014
acidtalk: Do you know you can be jobless for life spending your entire day on whatsapp?

Do you know while you are chatting your life away on whatsapp hundreds of your mate are out there hustling to better their lives.
in as much as ds got me laughing,one can also do some biz ad on whatsapp and bbm likewise......
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by dkingsman82(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2014
Ijaya123:

Thanks for the write up. I tried recovering my deleted messages using what you recommended but the text editing app only displayed the content in a language I can't comprehend. Any way to go about that?
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by biomedixexcel(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2014
Nice info
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by vizier007(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: so Wats the need
dats what am trying to say
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Zuris: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls explain the deleted msg recovery in detail. What's whatsapp SD?
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by oyin01(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2014

Although im guilty too but na nysc cause am. They say till November. But now im putting my dick to rest n my brain to work.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by ememnnah(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
i now knw des.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by EHITZ(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
I don't understand what you mean by simple text editor please, i really need to recover old stuff.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Philipsdael(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Forgive this OP, coz he knows not what he is saying.
Therefore, he has no answer for all ya questions.
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Bankscody233(m): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Great features..
Re: Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger by Mrguru(m): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Bankscody233: Great features..
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Smartphone Memes That Will Make Your Day / Full Bible Download For S40 Phone Users / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.