Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? (1191 Views)

Why Is Nak3d A Filtered Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by jeffizy(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2014
Topic might sound confusing, but pardon moi.
Couldn't get any easier choice to describe my observation.

It happens that when any program airs on dstv, mention of the name of GOD is instantly voice blocked.
It is called filtering. And usually , it is put in place to block profanity .
How come the name of God has been grouped among profanity words to filter on dstv.?

Kinda mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2014
Exactly my observation too!
jeffizy: Topic might sound confusing, but pardon moi.
Couldn't get any easier choice to describe my observation.
It happens that when any program airs on dstv, mention of the name of GOD is instantly voice blocked.
It is called filtering. And usually , it is put in place to block profanity .
How come the name of God has been grouped among profanity words to filter on dstv.?
Kinda mind boggling.
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by AbuMikey(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2014
they are Muslims or Atheist, Free thinkers maybe. undecided
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2014
did you know:

1. the CEO of dstv is a member of the illuminati

#questionanswered
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2014
frankben: did you know:

1. the CEO of dstv is a member of the illuminati

#questionanswered

Please go further.
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 06, 2014
smartchoice:

Please go further.
you want to hear something from me right? K... This is how i got to know about it...
My friend told me that his cousin told him that someone told her that Elantracey told her that dstv has ties with illuminati
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by don33310(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2014
I haven't notice that but there Christian channels in dstv
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by swtme(f): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2014
I've noticed it but I just think they're r trying to follow one of God's commandments which says 'thou shall not call my name in vain'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Atk01(f): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
$wtme:
I've noticed it but I just think they're r trying to follow one of God's commandments which says 'thou shall not call my name in vain'.
That's true. You know some people use it in instances like "Goddammit" etc, and that's offensive.
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by swtme(f): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Atk 01: That's true. You know some people use it in instances like "Goddammit" etc, and that's offensive.

Yes dear it really is offensive
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
frankben: you want to hear something from me right? K... This is how i got to know about it...
My friend told me that his cousin told him that someone told her that Elantracey told her that dstv has ties with illuminati

y did you have to mention my name? undecided
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
conspiracy theories...

frankben: you want to hear something from me right? K... This is how i got to know about it...
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Elantracey:

y did you have to mention my name? undecided
my friend told me that
Re: Why Has Dstv Filtered GOD Out Of It's Channels? by jeffizy(m): 6:19am On Jul 09, 2014
On a second thought, I think they just want to appear as secular . So as not to be seen as religious biased. IMO.
Reason they created Islamic and Christian dedicated channels for individual following.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Kola Aluko Not On The Order List Of £2m Ferrari Sergio / Top Worst Things/events About 2014 /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.