Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing (534 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / Family Emergencies: Throat Obstruction / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
I could have written this on the other thread but sometimes it is better to state points separately.

Anyhow, the knowledge of 'kiss of life' is something that every parent (everyone actually) should have. It is even most important than learning how to drive.

Here goes: **remeber to be as quick as possible, a life is hanging**

1) remove anything that might be stuck in the mouth or the throat. Pull the tongue forward. If there is mucus in the throat, quickly try to get it out...no squirming!!!

2) lay the person wit his face turned up. Then tilt his head way back and after which you would pull his jaw forward.

3) pinch is nostrils closed wit your fingers. Open his mouth as wide as possible and then cover his mouth with yours. Blow strongly into his lungs so that his chest rises.
pause to let the air come back out and blow one more time. Repeat this every five seconds until the person can breathe by himself. You may have to keep doing this till help comes or his is confirmed dead, it may take up to one hour at times.

In the case of babies or toddlers, you should cover the nose and mouth with your mouth and breathe very gently about once every tree seconds.

**where there is no doctor**
I'm feeling protective today, don't know why, watching my nieces like a hawk. smiley
Re: Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing by pickabeau1: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice topic
It will be good if u use illustrations also
Re: Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing by crackhaus: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
When do chest compressions become necessary during all this?
Re: Family Emergencies: Mouth-to-mouth Breathing by upmanagers: 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Just discussed this topic with my hubby n non of us could do really knew how to do it. Thanks plenty 4 d lecture.

(1) (Reply)

ODD Things Our Parents Did To Us Why Growing Up. / Domestic Abuse In Nigeria / Reducing Marital Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.